Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? 12:51 - Nov 23 with 3275 viewsJackPITFC

Everyone seems to think we will lose, get behind the team, they haven't beaten a team in the top 9, we are at home.

Yes the performances have been worrying as late, and was disrupted against Shrewsbury with an early penalty and 2 Injuries to our midfield, but there is no reason we can't put in a good performance and win the game 18 points from 18 at home..

2-1 Town COYB
Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 11:37 - Nov 24 with 661 viewsDanTheMan

You literally answer your own question. The performances have been worrying of late, and against weaker sides.

Therefore, I don't think we're going to get much from Hull, but we'll see.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 11:39 - Nov 24 with 652 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 11:37 - Nov 24 by DanTheMan

You literally answer your own question. The performances have been worrying of late, and against weaker sides.

Therefore, I don't think we're going to get much from Hull, but we'll see.

I did kind of relay that message in an earlier reply of mine but got down voted 🤣

Poll: If it were one or the other

This is why. (n/t) on 20:46 - Nov 24 with 602 viewsCokeIsKey

[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 20:47]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 20:51 - Nov 24 with 578 viewsJDB23

hahaha.

Tbh we probably won't finish in the top 9 so a pretty standard result for Hull this.
This is why. (n/t) on 20:53 - Nov 24 with 565 viewsSeablu

This is why. (n/t) on 20:46 - Nov 24 by CokeIsKey

It was dollied up for someone who could be bothered I suppose....
No one likes a smart-arse though.
This is why. (n/t) on 20:53 - Nov 24 with 564 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is why. (n/t) on 20:46 - Nov 24 by CokeIsKey

Pretty inevitable wasn't it?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:16 - Nov 24 with 518 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My question is have Hull now beaten a top 9 team or are we in a false position and not really a top 9 team?

Our record against the top teams in this division is diabolical.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:20 - Nov 24 with 506 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 11:31 - Nov 24 by Keaneish

A combination of cynicism and experience I guess.

For me, it’s simple. Pick the right side to play at tempo from the off, we’ll win. Pick the wrong side, play ponderous football and squander the lead, we’ll lose.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 12:30]

Completely get this but my question would be, "Do we have the players capable of playing at tempo?"

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:26 - Nov 24 with 481 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:20 - Nov 24 by You_Bloo_Right

Completely get this but my question would be, "Do we have the players capable of playing at tempo?"

The club does. It is coaching, tactics and team selection that prevent us.

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:28 - Nov 24 with 456 viewsitfcjoe

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:20 - Nov 24 by You_Bloo_Right

Teams in the National League can

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:39 - Nov 24 with 428 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:28 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

Teams in the National League can

Fair enough Joe but that doesn't really answer the question.

I guess you know I'm driving at whether the players we have (and heaven knows we have a lot of them) can be moulded into a team to play a passing game at a high tempo. Not as any sort of defence of Lambert, the man is lost, but just as an attempt at an assessment of what our best team and/or formation is.

If we have players capable of playing that way then yes it is all on the coaching staff including the manager - because those players aren't being picked, or aren't being coached, or aren't confident for whatever reason playing that way.

I think it is fair to say, though, that speed of thought and speed of action are things we have not seen for an extended period from an Ipswich team for some time.

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:42 - Nov 24 with 421 viewsitfcjoe

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:39 - Nov 24 by You_Bloo_Right

I guess you know I'm driving at whether the players we have (and heaven knows we have a lot of them) can be moulded into a team to play a passing game at a high tempo. Not as any sort of defence of Lambert, the man is lost, but just as an attempt at an assessment of what our best team and/or formation is.

If we have players capable of playing that way then yes it is all on the coaching staff including the manager - because those players aren't being picked, or aren't being coached, or aren't confident for whatever reason playing that way.

I think it is fair to say, though, that speed of thought and speed of action are things we have not seen for an extended period from an Ipswich team for some time.

We've got 24-25 senior players, if the manager can't get 11 of them organised and sorted out then we need a new one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:47 - Nov 24 with 404 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:39 - Nov 24 by You_Bloo_Right

Players the club has that should easily be coached into playing this way:

Dozzell, Bishop, Lankester, Bennetts, Downes, McGavin, Jackson, KVY, Dobra, El Mizouni, Woolfenden, Edwards, Nolan, Folami, Morris. I would even add Huws, Judge and Sears if we coached and played it with a system that suited them.

There is no reason we cannot have a midfield that links to a coherent attack that is far more mobile and pacey than what we consistently achieve (regardless of who is available). There were some encouraging signs early this season but they rapidly evaporated.

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:54 - Nov 24 with 397 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 21:42 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

We've got 24-25 senior players, if the manager can't get 11 of them organised and sorted out then we need a new one

No doubt.

Do we need to rid ourselves of a few of those 25 too though is my point.

Would we have done better (ignore the Lambert factor if possible) to decide on a complete rebuild (based on the academy) when first relegated to this division? Would we have needed to be even lower in the pyramid to take that as a realistic option?

I'm not seeing the enthusiasm for the game in the players and struggling to determine whether that is because of them or because of the coaching/management or a combination of those.

Why all the negativity leading into Hull? on 23:15 - Nov 24 with 347 viewsbournemouthblue

Well this aged well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024