Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. 13:59 - Oct 11 with 5661 viewsBlueBadger

It was clearly all jokes, if you look at the full context of it..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:40 - Oct 11 with 1876 viewsStokieBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:30 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Totally missed it. I saw him blaming immigrants for a right wing extremist attacking a lawyer and thought that sailed pretty close to the wind. What was the gist of the other thread?

I'm glad he's gone to be honest, TWTD is not the place to try to deradicalise those who have developed extremist views and perhaps this might give him a wake up call. I doubt it though, I fear he's too far gone.

I saw him say he hated all Muslims but not sure what happened after that, not that anything else really needed to happen after a statement like that.

SB
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:41]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:41 - Oct 11 with 1876 viewsBlueBadger

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:38 - Oct 11 by IpswichBoyBlue

He was a strange fella. Why do people come on here just for an argument? I get we can talk about pretty much anything we like, but just to come on here and try and wind people up seems very sad to me. He obviously has very little going on in his normal life, so tries to create himself as somebody "interesting" on the internet. I can't help but feel sorry for people like that. He is totally harmless, just trying to make out to be something he isn't. Best he gets himself out of his bedroom and meets real people instead.

Why would make you think that making yourself look like a very stupid, quite possibly dangerously radicalised loon to impress people?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:46 - Oct 11 with 1858 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:41 - Oct 11 by BlueBadger

Why would make you think that making yourself look like a very stupid, quite possibly dangerously radicalised loon to impress people?

These loners have very vivid imaginations. They try and make out they are somebody that they are not. I would be very surprised if he were like that in the flesh. Probably 48 and still living with Mummy and Daddy. Stays in his bedroom all day searching the internet for people to wind up. Best he has gone from here, but will probably be on another site by now trying the same thing.
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:55 - Oct 11 with 1833 viewsBlueBadger

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:46 - Oct 11 by IpswichBoyBlue

These loners have very vivid imaginations. They try and make out they are somebody that they are not. I would be very surprised if he were like that in the flesh. Probably 48 and still living with Mummy and Daddy. Stays in his bedroom all day searching the internet for people to wind up. Best he has gone from here, but will probably be on another site by now trying the same thing.

Ah, THAT sort of trolling. Whereby the ttroll is too stupid to realise tat it's other people they should be making to look angry and/or stupid.

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:58 - Oct 11 with 1824 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:55 - Oct 11 by BlueBadger

Ah, THAT sort of trolling. Whereby the ttroll is too stupid to realise tat it's other people they should be making to look angry and/or stupid.

They come in different guises, but ultimately they are the same.
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:01 - Oct 11 with 1814 viewsHerbivore

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:40 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

I saw him say he hated all Muslims but not sure what happened after that, not that anything else really needed to happen after a statement like that.

SB

That'll do it. He seemed to hate a lot of groups based on his petty prejudices and warped worldview.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:09 - Oct 11 with 1784 viewsJ2BLUE

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:40 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

SB

Scary that he was, and his kids are currently, members of our armed forced.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 1772 views26_Paz

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:09 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Scary that he was, and his kids are currently, members of our armed forced.

You can’t assume his kids are wrong ‘uns just because he is

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 1778 viewsMullet

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 14:21 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Maybe I'm just extremely naïve but I'm absolutely convinced that HB is a decent sort and not really a racist, despite undoubtedly crossing the line earlier and leaving Phil with no choice.

Watching him get increasingly angry and paranoid about 'the left' and 'wokeness' over the last few months has been really depressing and a clear example of how easily decent people can be manipulated by the right wing media and social media. Its grooming plain and simple.

This culture war is entirely fabricated but incredibly effective.

Hampstead should be a happy enough chap, enjoying his cricket, Town being top of the league and his charity work and instead he's permanently angry and scared of this bogeyman that doesn't exist in any meaningful way and will have no impact on his life at all. It makes me so angry with the people who have made him that way for their own ends.

This is spread over lots of pages but is an ecellent read with examples, citations and pictures. It's very clear that this process has been ongoing for some time under this government

https://hackinginquiry.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/White-supremacism-the-pres

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:14 - Oct 11 with 1760 viewsJ2BLUE

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:12 - Oct 11 by 26_Paz

I'm not assuming anything but there's a good chance if you're raised with that attitude that you'll have the same attitude.

Are you saying his comment was wrong? See how easy it is...anything else you'd like to add about anyone else who has said stupid things?

Truly impaired.

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:17 - Oct 11 with 1753 viewsNewcyBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:14 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I'm not assuming anything but there's a good chance if you're raised with that attitude that you'll have the same attitude.

Are you saying his comment was wrong? See how easy it is...anything else you'd like to add about anyone else who has said stupid things?

Mate, my father was an absolute ar$ehole. Look how I turned out...

I’m not sure whether that actually argues your point for you!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:17 - Oct 11 with 1753 views26_Paz

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:14 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

I didn’t actually see the comment but can get the gist of it from what I’ve read on this thread. If it was as this thread suggests then it’s just a ridiculous, idiotic comment.
Who else are you referring to? The people who have said ‘f@ck all Tory voters’? Yeah, they’re morons as well!

The Paz Man

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:17 - Oct 11 with 1752 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:12 - Oct 11 by 26_Paz

You are assuming that he actually has kids. I would suggest he is a sad little man living at home with Mummy and Daddy without a friend in the world.
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:23 - Oct 11 with 1733 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 17:46 - Oct 11 by IpswichBoyBlue

Kirk St Moritz springs to mind.............for those of us old enough to remember Dear John.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:24 - Oct 11 with 1732 viewsclive_baker

Good riddance.

I think by and large this place is fair and respectful of a number of different views. I think that’s healthy, but for someone to say they’re offended by all Muslims is undeniably bigoted. I don’t see how those in charge of this site have any choice but to ban such filth, to be honest.

I’m surprised he lasted this long and hope he gets the intervention that he needs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:28 - Oct 11 with 1715 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 14:21 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Maybe I'm just extremely naïve but I'm absolutely convinced that HB is a decent sort and not really a racist, despite undoubtedly crossing the line earlier and leaving Phil with no choice.

Watching him get increasingly angry and paranoid about 'the left' and 'wokeness' over the last few months has been really depressing and a clear example of how easily decent people can be manipulated by the right wing media and social media. Its grooming plain and simple.

This culture war is entirely fabricated but incredibly effective.

Hampstead should be a happy enough chap, enjoying his cricket, Town being top of the league and his charity work and instead he's permanently angry and scared of this bogeyman that doesn't exist in any meaningful way and will have no impact on his life at all. It makes me so angry with the people who have made him that way for their own ends.

I see what you mean but Hamstead a year ago to the Hamstead of now is a different person. A few months back he wished me well at uni. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when he said he effectively hated all students. Quite a U-turn. He certainly has changed somewhat.

Like with all past posters, I wish him well. But more importantly I wish he learns. Because seeing him so anti anyone that wasn’t far right these last few weeks has been pretty sad to watch.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:29 - Oct 11 with 1709 viewsJ2BLUE

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:17 - Oct 11 by NewcyBlue

Mate, my father was an absolute ar$ehole. Look how I turned out...

I’m not sure whether that actually argues your point for you!

Fair point. I was tempted by the obvious joke but you're just a thoroughly decent bloke. It comes through post after post.

Now hurry up and read this post, i'll edit it to call you a c unit and we'll never speak of this again.

Truly impaired.

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:30 - Oct 11 with 1706 viewsNewcyBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:29 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Fair point. I was tempted by the obvious joke but you're just a thoroughly decent bloke. It comes through post after post.

Now hurry up and read this post, i'll edit it to call you a c unit and we'll never speak of this again.

I knew you loved me!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:32 - Oct 11 with 1693 viewsJ2BLUE

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:29 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

FFS clicked reply instead of edit
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 18:35]

Truly impaired.

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:58 - Oct 11 with 1665 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 18:24 - Oct 11 by clive_baker

Good riddance.

I think by and large this place is fair and respectful of a number of different views. I think that’s healthy, but for someone to say they’re offended by all Muslims is undeniably bigoted. I don’t see how those in charge of this site have any choice but to ban such filth, to be honest.

I’m surprised he lasted this long and hope he gets the intervention that he needs.

Jesus I can’t believe he said that. Been in Manchester the last fortnight and London this weekend but prior to that I know he was evidently getting more and more bold in his statements.

That is an absolute shocker though. No suprise he was banned.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:12 - Oct 11 with 1627 viewsEdwardStone

Steady now....that all seems a bit like projection

I sat and had a couple of beers with Hampstead several years ago at a SW Blues meet up in Brizzle

He actually was a nice bloke, interesting, funny and pleasant to spend time with. He was very resolute about the Brexit vote but, that apart, we had a sensible and enjoyable conversation

His 2 kids I met are balanced and also seemed fine, one was just about to join t'Army....I think that one who wasn't present was also serving

So, he is not a loner living with his Mum, he is depressingly like you 'n' me

Which actually makes his current state of mind even more scary, if you think about it
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:29 - Oct 11 with 1585 viewsEwan_Oozami

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:12 - Oct 11 by EdwardStone

I sat and had a couple of beers with Hampstead several years ago at a SW Blues meet up in Brizzle

He actually was a nice bloke, interesting, funny and pleasant to spend time with. He was very resolute about the Brexit vote but, that apart, we had a sensible and enjoyable conversation

His 2 kids I met are balanced and also seemed fine, one was just about to join t'Army....I think that one who wasn't present was also serving

Which actually makes his current state of mind even more scary, if you think about it

I suspect, though I am no expert, but I have seen it in ex-Service friends that served in the Falklands, NI, Iraq and Afghanistan (not the same person obvs!) that it could be delayed-onset PTSD?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:30 - Oct 11 with 1582 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:12 - Oct 11 by EdwardStone

Fair play. I stand corrected. Then he is a troubled soul and should seek help.
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 1513 viewsEdwardStone

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:29 - Oct 11 by Ewan_Oozami

I suspect, though I am no expert, but I have seen it in ex-Service friends that served in the Falklands, NI, Iraq and Afghanistan (not the same person obvs!) that it could be delayed-onset PTSD?

I'm not sure what has brought on his current outbursts....maybe you are right
So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 20:21 - Oct 11 with 1509 viewsnoggin

So, I see that Cancel Culture has struck again on TWTD. on 19:29 - Oct 11 by Ewan_Oozami

Wasn't he in intelligence? Hardly the front line.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024