Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” 10:41 - Oct 2 with 5733 viewsSitfcB

“I mean come on, he’s a kid and he hasn’t been about it, he’s nowhere near ready.”

He did well in his cameo appearances towards the end of the season the other year, when Mick left, hasn’t had a sniff since. Klug chucked him in, for nothing games I know.

No one said we’ve got to ‘rely’ on him but would be an option on the bench for a couple of games and see how he does if he were to come on.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:42]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A classic car crash footy thread this one, good work on 14:43 - Oct 2 with 346 viewsDyland

I'm starting to think Lambert is some kind of troll farm plant to distract you twerps from what's going on in the world.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:48 - Oct 2 with 326 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:18 - Oct 2 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure which way he meant it, to be honest, although I think in general he feels he's simply not ready at this stage.

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to be more willing to give BF a run from the bench as a wide striker at some stage, if we were two or three goals up, but probably less likely in the central role.

I'm only going on what you've written Phil, and the fact that Lambert says Freddie can play the central role, but not kids.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:49 - Oct 2 with 324 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:13 - Oct 2 by BlueBadger

...when he's got no other options available.

So woolfy only plays when he's got no other options then?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:51 - Oct 2 with 321 viewsBrixtonBlue

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:41 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

Dear oh, dear. That’s you and Phil who agree with me now.

Do you want me to order you some tissues for your wasted tears, Brixton Blue.

You'll need those tissues for yourself when I get hold of you sitters. Gahhhhhhh!!!

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 15:57 - Oct 2 with 279 viewsWallingford_Boy

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:10 - Oct 2 by itfcjoe

It reads to me that Lambert has been very flippant with, and that he's not ready to play for us - full stop. He needs a loan, when we are already in 3rd tier and he has nowhere to really go!

Hopefully he starts against Gillingham on Tuesday, and can maybe give Lambert a few things to think about - because realisitcally we may need him as at least a bench option, personally I'd say he's capable of it from what I've seen and the situation we find ourselves in with the salary cap limiting what we can do.

Just gutting that poor Ben Morris got his latest injury, he seemed much closer to making the breakthrough than Folami currently is.

I hope I am wrong, but I can see Folami drifting away. Too many wide forward players ahead of him, plus the other, arguably more talented Dobra/El Miz to come in.

RIP Sir Bobby

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 16:20 - Oct 2 with 260 viewsMullet

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 14:18 - Oct 2 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure which way he meant it, to be honest, although I think in general he feels he's simply not ready at this stage.

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to be more willing to give BF a run from the bench as a wide striker at some stage, if we were two or three goals up, but probably less likely in the central role.

I don't see why we can't do that. If he plays well he shows he can contribute and if that allows us to push someone else centrally as a stopgap great. If it puts him out there for this loan then that's great too.

We don't want to send him somewhere he won't last the season ideally, so forcing hands a bit by making us one of the clubs he appears for isn't a bad thing.

It's hard to defend Lambert here, he should have worded it better than that or just said nothing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 16:32 - Oct 2 with 244 viewsSuffolktractor

“You can’t really rely on Ben Folami,” on 16:20 - Oct 2 by Mullet

I don't see why we can't do that. If he plays well he shows he can contribute and if that allows us to push someone else centrally as a stopgap great. If it puts him out there for this loan then that's great too.

We don't want to send him somewhere he won't last the season ideally, so forcing hands a bit by making us one of the clubs he appears for isn't a bad thing.

It's hard to defend Lambert here, he should have worded it better than that or just said nothing.

I suspect/hope Lambert has had a word in private with Folami about the situation, then in public his words take the pressure off the kid.
Surely better than saying “not worried about losing all our experienced front men cos Ben Folami will come in and take the league by storm.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024