Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? 10:24 - Aug 21 with 6303 viewshype313

Just reading the latest piece, it sounds like Mellon is desperate for him to come in and reading between the lines, it sounds like there maybe interest from Norwood.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 11:53]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 2434 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:49 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

Linked loan deals (Shankland to us, Norwood to them), with current clubs continuing to pay wages? Would not cause us to breach our salary cap?

I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but he is an asset that is worth something, and likely the only way Norwood's contract could be covered by them financially.....but it seems a very unlikely deal to get done, and I can't see why he'd want to come here given who he has been linked with - think Dundee United want £2.5m for him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 2385 viewsEdmunds5

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:26 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Doubt it'd be rumbling on if there wasn't some interest from the player. But hard to see how it'd be worthwhile for us.

Regardless of what Norwood could potentially offer the team, do we really want an unsettled player within the camp? If it causes any kind of disharmony, let him go I would say. A player could be the best in the world but if he doesn't want to be there, why keep him around?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:09]

La la la Sixto Peralta
Poll: Transfer deadline day or Christmas?
Blog: A Representation Of Stability

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:14 - Aug 21 with 2371 viewsJDB23

If it were under normal circumstances I would say bin him off and replace. However, in the current situation we wouldn't be able to replace him with anyone worth while so I don't see how this deal could benefit us in any way what so ever.

Losing 21 goals from him, Garbutt and Keane and replacing them with Hawkins doesn't seem like the best business ever. Obviously we have players returning from injury/youth players stepping up that should contribute goals, but that's a big risk.
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:16 - Aug 21 with 2362 viewshype313

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:14 - Aug 21 by JDB23

If it were under normal circumstances I would say bin him off and replace. However, in the current situation we wouldn't be able to replace him with anyone worth while so I don't see how this deal could benefit us in any way what so ever.

Losing 21 goals from him, Garbutt and Keane and replacing them with Hawkins doesn't seem like the best business ever. Obviously we have players returning from injury/youth players stepping up that should contribute goals, but that's a big risk.

Agree, I'm not advocating letting him go by any means, but something seems to be going on, and it just needs either the club to come out and say "he's not leaving in no uncertain terms" or for Mellon to say "We would love him, but it's not financially viable, so it's a non starter"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:33 - Aug 21 with 2313 viewsChrisd

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:16 - Aug 21 by hype313

Agree, I'm not advocating letting him go by any means, but something seems to be going on, and it just needs either the club to come out and say "he's not leaving in no uncertain terms" or for Mellon to say "We would love him, but it's not financially viable, so it's a non starter"

I agree Hype, the delayed return of Norwood from injury and his cryptic online messages. Smells like something is brewing.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 12:44 - Aug 21 with 2274 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:22 - Aug 21 by Chrisd

The key phrase I got from his words were, ‘at the moment’ which indicates to me there will be something in time, but not yet.

Some people read far too much into the detail of worthless speculation.

Mellon has no control over this situation at all.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:45]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 2213 viewsGarv

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:33 - Aug 21 by Chrisd

I agree Hype, the delayed return of Norwood from injury and his cryptic online messages. Smells like something is brewing.

Pretty sure he's just on the wind up isn't he?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 2193 viewsWarkystache

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:34 - Aug 21 by footers

Micky Mellon is a seedy character. He won't give up yet.

Sounds like some dodgy nightclub owner out of The Sweeney. The sort who ends up with Jack Regan pinning him to his bar by his Peter Storm shirt.

"'Ere Mellon, don't come that old rubbish with me son. You've got yer eye on Norwood, admit it".

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 14:09 - Aug 21 with 2120 viewsjayessess

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 12:08 - Aug 21 by Edmunds5

Regardless of what Norwood could potentially offer the team, do we really want an unsettled player within the camp? If it causes any kind of disharmony, let him go I would say. A player could be the best in the world but if he doesn't want to be there, why keep him around?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 12:09]

Unsettled footballers stick around and do their job all the time. As a football club we aren't in a position to let valuable assets go just because they'd prefer to be somewhere else.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 14:13 - Aug 21 with 2108 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 12:14 - Aug 21 by JDB23

We've only lost Keane until October..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 14:20 - Aug 21 with 2084 viewsHorsham

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 13:25 - Aug 21 by Warkystache

Sounds like some dodgy nightclub owner out of The Sweeney. The sort who ends up with Jack Regan pinning him to his bar by his Peter Storm shirt.

"'Ere Mellon, don't come that old rubbish with me son. You've got yer eye on Norwood, admit it".

Put your trousers on NORWOOD you’re nicked
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 15:59 - Aug 21 with 2002 viewsChrisd

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 13:18 - Aug 21 by Garv

Pretty sure he's just on the wind up isn't he?

We’ll find out over the next few weeks and see if he is. Interesting subplot to the new season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 17:01 - Aug 21 with 1968 viewsTieDyedIn95

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:29 - Aug 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

There's no benefit in us selling him, and Id be surprised if they could afford to match his current package.

Other than the fact that allegedly he doesn't actually want to play for Ipswich anymore?

The rumour has persisted for about 6 months now and now this along with limited signs of him at training and that he didn't even attend the friendly with the other players left out probably suggests he's leaving.

This might be an unpopular opinion but if he is unhappy, wants to leave and if he's actually going...... thats good to be frank, why would we want to keep someone here who doesn't want to play here? Alan Judge should be proof that it's better to sell then keep someone on who's heart isn't in it, we have had enough people here in recent times claiming wages who couldn't care less anyway.

Jackson is another one who is rumoured to wanting to leave and has had interest from other clubs and again if he wants to go, then so be it. It was always going to be hard to hang onto players while staying in League One and now even more so with the wage situation. If Jackson wants to make the step up again good luck to him, he didn't make the grade last time and as for Norwood at Dundee it will suit his ego to be a big fish in a small pond again.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 17:04]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee Utd? on 17:31 - Aug 21 with 1921 viewsSamWhiteUK

You have to make one hell of a leap from the latest article to get to "desparate for him to come" and interest from Norwood
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 18:17 - Aug 21 with 1878 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 11:47 - Aug 21 by PJH

Yes, very few on here seem to understand that there are two teams in Dundee-more or less in the same street in fact.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 19:52 - Aug 21 with 1815 viewsPJH

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 18:17 - Aug 21 by GlasgowBlue

Nice city Dundee, a lot of development around the station/Discovery/V&A area in the last few years.
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 08:57 - Aug 22 with 1668 viewsbobbyramsey

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:26 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Doubt it'd be rumbling on if there wasn't some interest from the player. But hard to see how it'd be worthwhile for us.

Where is it "rumbling on?"
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 09:14 - Aug 22 with 1640 viewsParky

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 18:17 - Aug 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, extremely close. I’m sure I heard somewhere that when they play each other they get ready in their own dressing room and the ‘away’ side make the small walk from there to the other ground.
Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 09:33 - Aug 22 with 1616 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 19:52 - Aug 21 by PJH

Nice city Dundee, a lot of development around the station/Discovery/V&A area in the last few years.

It must have changed. I drove through it in 1977 & it was a dump, surrounded by jute factories.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 1584 viewsPJH

Anyone else get the feeling Norwood will end up at Dundee? on 09:33 - Aug 22 by Radlett_blue

It must have changed. I drove through it in 1977 & it was a dump, surrounded by jute factories.

Does not look to be a dump now,at least not the bits that I have seen.

A lot of work has been done next to the Tay and between there and the city centre.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024