Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... 15:25 - Mar 5 with 7416 viewstpsontour

Thursday, 05/03/2020
Book Mainbook
Region London
Edition 01
Category Sport
Page 57

Sport UNDER-FIRE Ipswich boss Paul Lambert will not be sacked.

An insider said: "The club went from paying players £16,000 a week to as low as £3,000. So people have to be realistic."

SHORT
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:46 - Mar 5 with 2751 viewsHerbivore

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:44 - Mar 5 by jayessess

A 3-game bounce gets you into the easier fixtures with a fighting chance, I would suggest.

We need a nine game bounce though. Genuinely, at this point we need to win 8 out of 9 and might even need to win all of them given the form of those above us. It's not happening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:51 - Mar 5 with 2733 viewsPhilTWTD

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:46 - Mar 5 by londontractorboy57

Does that mean you want him out then?

I don't think he can turn it around from this point so think a change might be the only chance of salvaging something from the season, if it's not already too late.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:51 - Mar 5 with 2732 viewsitfcjoe

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:08 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

If Marcus decides to sack him, he'll find the money to do it. The wider budget of the club is essentially irrelevant. From what I gather it will cost him a fair bit to do so now, although significantly less in the summer if we fail to make the top six.

I guess the key is can an agreement be made earlier between ME and PL between the current figure and the missing top 6 figure that leaves both of them happy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:52 - Mar 5 with 2724 viewsjayessess

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:46 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

We need a nine game bounce though. Genuinely, at this point we need to win 8 out of 9 and might even need to win all of them given the form of those above us. It's not happening.

Sure, sure. I get that it's all virtually impossible. Just saying that if new-manager bounce won us, say, the next 3 games things would look very different.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:54 - Mar 5 with 2713 viewsHerbivore

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:52 - Mar 5 by jayessess

Sure, sure. I get that it's all virtually impossible. Just saying that if new-manager bounce won us, say, the next 3 games things would look very different.

We'd then need 5 wins from 6, which is still a huge ask. I also doubt a new manager coming in tomorrow would get much of a bounce against Coventry, especially with the players we have missing. Honestly, at this point our season is over. It's just waiting for it to end now.

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:58 - Mar 5 with 2702 viewsjayessess

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:54 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

We'd then need 5 wins from 6, which is still a huge ask. I also doubt a new manager coming in tomorrow would get much of a bounce against Coventry, especially with the players we have missing. Honestly, at this point our season is over. It's just waiting for it to end now.

From those 6, our median performance this season would probably win us five of them.

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:06 - Mar 5 with 2686 viewsHerbivore

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:58 - Mar 5 by jayessess

From those 6, our median performance this season would probably win us five of them.

I'm not sure football works like that. And you're assuming wins against Coventry and Pompey and a Bristol Rovers side we've already lost to just to get to that run of 6 games. Given we play Coventry in less than 48 hours and we have no CMs and both our top scorers out, I'm not sure the idea that a manager could walk in and get us winning that game is very realistic. I guess it's nice to hold on to hope though, especially when our season is effectively over by the first weekend in March.

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 2680 viewsjayessess

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:06 - Mar 5 by Herbivore

I'm not sure football works like that. And you're assuming wins against Coventry and Pompey and a Bristol Rovers side we've already lost to just to get to that run of 6 games. Given we play Coventry in less than 48 hours and we have no CMs and both our top scorers out, I'm not sure the idea that a manager could walk in and get us winning that game is very realistic. I guess it's nice to hold on to hope though, especially when our season is effectively over by the first weekend in March.

I do get that it's essentially impossible, yes. But, I'd rather the club try than just passively see the season out.

Login to get fewer ads

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:20 - Mar 5 with 2668 viewsHARRY10

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:44 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, it's been known that there are break clauses in the deal since around the time it was signed. It would be exceptional if it wasn't the case.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Surely the latter cancels the former as the former is dependent on knowing for certain rather than it being based usual practice ?

Stuart Taylor has "......but it's understood there are performance-related break clauses in that contract and a general cap on the pay-off required to part company with both the Blues boss and his staff should owner Marcus Evans decide a change is needed."

'it is understodd', not it is known.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:22 - Mar 5 with 2659 viewsHerbivore

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:20 - Mar 5 by HARRY10

Surely the latter cancels the former as the former is dependent on knowing for certain rather than it being based usual practice ?

Stuart Taylor has "......but it's understood there are performance-related break clauses in that contract and a general cap on the pay-off required to part company with both the Blues boss and his staff should owner Marcus Evans decide a change is needed."

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:24 - Mar 5 with 2653 viewsPJH

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:20 - Mar 5 by HARRY10

Right so now at least you are admitting that it would be unusual if there were not break clauses enabling a parting of the ways at less cost in the event of failure to meet targets?
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:28 - Mar 5 with 2643 viewsHARRY10

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:24 - Mar 5 by PJH

Right so now at least you are admitting that it would be unusual if there were not break clauses enabling a parting of the ways at less cost in the event of failure to meet targets?

No, that is just you making up stuff

All I am doing is questioning the post ie the words posted by someone else

(do try to keep up)
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:30 - Mar 5 with 2641 viewsPhilTWTD

Watson rather than Taylor I assume. I can only comment on what I know and I was told when the deal was signed - and have reported on several occasions since then - that there are break clauses in the deal. And that it would cost ME a tidy sum to sack PL but significantly less in the summer if Town don't make the top six.

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:33 - Mar 5 with 2628 viewsHARRY10

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:30 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

Watson rather than Taylor I assume. I can only comment on what I know and I was told when the deal was signed - and have reported on several occasions since then - that there are break clauses in the deal. And that it would cost ME a tidy sum to sack PL but significantly less in the summer if Town don't make the top six.

Has he changed his name (oops)

My concern is that it is being treated as an absolute fact which will give those who want to attack Evans and Lambert a stick to beat with when it is an unnown

And as said, my thought is that a top six finish on it's own achieves nothing bar a bit of extra ticket money - more so given how we just scrapped into the top six in 2015 and yet we could miss out of top 2 by a few goals difference

but they would both be regarded as beung the same

wesshall see by May, I suppose

[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 17:40]
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:35 - Mar 5 with 2617 viewshampstead_blue

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 16:08 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

If Marcus decides to sack him, he'll find the money to do it. The wider budget of the club is essentially irrelevant. From what I gather it will cost him a fair bit to do so now, although significantly less in the summer if we fail to make the top six.

That makes PL a dead man walking.......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:36 - Mar 5 with 2616 viewsRadlett_blue

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:30 - Mar 5 by PhilTWTD

No rush to get rid as long as it's by the end of the season. Only issues are (1) more disruption and (2) will we get anyone better?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:43 - Mar 5 with 2609 viewsPJH

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:28 - Mar 5 by HARRY10

No, that is just you making up stuff

All I am doing is questioning the post ie the words posted by someone else

(do try to keep up)

I do not make stuff up.

So just because it is 99.99% certain that there will be break clauses in the event of failure to meet targets in PL's contract all your posts on the subject are because none of us on here KNOW that there are?

Well worth arguing about then.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:44 - Mar 5 with 2607 viewsjayessess

Bizarre, given how football is, to make us/himself such a hostage to fortune, especially given how delicate the situation was when Lambert signed the thing!

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:48 - Mar 5 with 2607 viewsPJH

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:44 - Mar 5 by jayessess

Bizarre, given how football is, to make us/himself such a hostage to fortune, especially given how delicate the situation was when Lambert signed the thing!

It was not particularly delicate when he signed it, we were in the top 2 or 3 weren't we?

If he has/had confidence in his abilities I would imagine he expected to finish in the top 6 or even top 2.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:53 - Mar 5 with 2585 viewsArnieM

......” The Sun.....” I stopped reading .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:56 - Mar 5 with 2585 viewsPhilTWTD

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:48 - Mar 5 by PJH

It was not particularly delicate when he signed it, we were in the top 2 or 3 weren't we?

If he has/had confidence in his abilities I would imagine he expected to finish in the top 6 or even top 2.

Certainly when it was essentially agreed. There were minor details to sort which dragged it on until it was finally signed on Jan 1st, by which time things were already looking shaky.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 18:03 - Mar 5 with 2566 viewsOxford_Blue

I wouldn’t listen to anything the Sun says. Ever.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 19:02 - Mar 5 with 2525 viewsghostofescobar

You read the Sun? Bloody hell........

GhostOfEscobar

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 19:02 - Mar 5 with 2525 viewsWickets

The problem with waiting for me is i think we need to win some games before the end of the season to get a little bit of a feel good factor into the club .Last season was remarkable in the way that although relegated fans gave the players tremendous support and must have helped us getting the start we got . That simply is not going to happen this season if this dreadfull run continues .The atmosphere at the ground will be toxic and most likely have a knock on effect for next season . I did hear that at Xmas Evans was considering Warnock working with Dyer for around 18 months with a view to Keiran taking over sometime in the future, That might be rubbish i'm not in the know but if the status quo continues whoever starts the season in charge will have a tough job it get anywhere near the sort of start we had this year.
Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 19:04 - Mar 5 with 2519 viewsHerbivore

Sun today suggests club cannot afford to sack Lambert... on 17:33 - Mar 5 by HARRY10

Has he changed his name (oops)

My concern is that it is being treated as an absolute fact which will give those who want to attack Evans and Lambert a stick to beat with when it is an unnown

And as said, my thought is that a top six finish on it's own achieves nothing bar a bit of extra ticket money - more so given how we just scrapped into the top six in 2015 and yet we could miss out of top 2 by a few goals difference

but they would both be regarded as beung the same

wesshall see by May, I suppose

[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 17:40]

I'd take Phil's word on this myself. He's closer to the goings on at PR than any of us and, as others have pointed out, break clauses are pretty standard in a manager's contract.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024