Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since mid October.... 09:46 - Feb 12 with 4015 viewsHerbivore

...... our form has been shocking. Rewind to before the Accrington game and we were on 27 points from 11 games, 4 points clear of 2nd and 6 points clear of 3rd with one or two games in hand on most.

Over the following 20 games we've picked up just 22 points. That's the kind of form that sees you just avoiding relegation. Over essentially half a season. And sides now have games in hand over us.

Our start was so good that even if we'd managed 1.5 points a game over that period, which is usually top half but not play off form, we'd still be top right now.

Lambert has cocked this right up.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:54]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Since mid October.... on 13:32 - Feb 12 with 787 viewsHerbivore

Since mid October.... on 13:30 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

I'm just countering your view, friend. That is all.

Sure. Repeatedly. After I've pointed out we clearly disagree on this and there's no point going over it again. This is why I used to get bored of you under your previous incarnation.

Since mid October.... on 13:34 - Feb 12 with 772 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, but we did try & sign Connor Wickham.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Since mid October.... on 13:35 - Feb 12 with 769 viewsChrisd

Since mid October.... on 13:32 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Sure. Repeatedly. After I've pointed out we clearly disagree on this and there's no point going over it again. This is why I used to get bored of you under your previous incarnation.

It's simple, then don't reply.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 13:35]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Since mid October.... on 13:38 - Feb 12 with 751 viewsRonFearonsHair

Since mid October.... on 09:57 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

My problem with Lambert is his negative attitude, seems to have sucked the confidence from the squad.

The mantra from the off was... too many games, squad is too young etc.

Would love to have a positive manager with a plan.

Interesting to hear McGreal use phrases such as ‘disappointed’ and ‘let us down’ describing his team last night, and they are in the play-off zone off the back of an excellent run. High expectations there currently.
Since mid October.... on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 749 viewsReuser_is_God

Since mid October.... on 10:01 - Feb 12 by Dubtractor

At literally ANY other club in the league that sort of form would see a manager sacked. Let alone coming on the heels of a limp relegation, and now in a league we should be dominating.

Instead Lambert has a cigar on reading his 5 year deal.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Since mid October.... on 13:43 - Feb 12 with 732 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's so hard to guage whether the squad is or isn't good enough to go up (in terms of individual talent). I do think we're overly optimistic about some of them, or maybe protective is the better word. And rightly so. But there's not a lot of evidence of individual quality these days. Flynn, Garbutt and KVY look a class apart. I like Jackson for his work ethic, but he's not what you'd call quality. Woolf blows hot and cold for me. The rest of our defense is awful. Huws has never recaptured his early promise and is wildly inconsistent. Skuse is running out of legs (see Chambo), etc...

I thought we had enough to do well in this league and I still think this group of players could be managed to play much better. But I'm certainly re-appriasing how good I thinik many of them are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Since mid October.... on 13:45 - Feb 12 with 728 viewsHerbivore

Since mid October.... on 13:35 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

It's simple, then don't reply.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 13:35]

Likewise.

Since mid October.... on 13:47 - Feb 12 with 721 viewsHerbivore

Since mid October.... on 13:34 - Feb 12 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, but we did try & sign Connor Wickham.

This is one of the most bizarre transfer stories to come out of PR in a long time, isn't it? No wonder he said the sums being quoted were crazy when he was trying to sign a Prem striker earning £50k plus a week. What an eejit.

Login to get fewer ads

Since mid October.... on 13:49 - Feb 12 with 708 viewsChrisd

Since mid October.... on 13:43 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

It's so hard to guage whether the squad is or isn't good enough to go up (in terms of individual talent). I do think we're overly optimistic about some of them, or maybe protective is the better word. And rightly so. But there's not a lot of evidence of individual quality these days. Flynn, Garbutt and KVY look a class apart. I like Jackson for his work ethic, but he's not what you'd call quality. Woolf blows hot and cold for me. The rest of our defense is awful. Huws has never recaptured his early promise and is wildly inconsistent. Skuse is running out of legs (see Chambo), etc...

I thought we had enough to do well in this league and I still think this group of players could be managed to play much better. But I'm certainly re-appriasing how good I thinik many of them are.

That’s a fair assessment Swansea Blue.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Since mid October.... on 22:09 - Feb 12 with 646 viewsMelford

Before Accrington it was just us and Liverpool left unbeaten in the top 4 divisions.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024