Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. 07:52 - Jan 27 with 7395 viewshampstead_blue

Comes onto the Today programme to discuss his campaign and starts with this

"What a wonderful job the NHS are doing looking after our family member"......

His tone of voice was so fake. Within a second of him finishing his cheap statement he was full on.

Poor form, very poor form.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:06 - Jan 27 with 1244 viewsBrixtonBlue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 09:49 - Jan 27 by hampstead_blue

Sorry but he's a bright lad and should just have moved it on without politicizing it into an NHS love statement.

That's the problem. Rather than just say, "we've had a serious illness in the family" he went into 'look at me' mode espousing praise on the NHS.

It's irrelevant which side it is. If it were a Tory I'd think and say the same.

Nonsense.

And hypocritical nonsense at that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:07 - Jan 27 with 1238 viewsfooters

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:02 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

I see you're doubling down despite various people of all political persuasions pointing out that you're being a mook.

Have a word with yourself, seriously. This obsessive trashing of Labour on an almost daily basis is just ridiculous.

It is quite funny.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:10 - Jan 27 with 1228 viewsmo_itfc

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 09:49 - Jan 27 by hampstead_blue

Sorry but he's a bright lad and should just have moved it on without politicizing it into an NHS love statement.

That's the problem. Rather than just say, "we've had a serious illness in the family" he went into 'look at me' mode espousing praise on the NHS.

It's irrelevant which side it is. If it were a Tory I'd think and say the same.

He's dealing with a family emergency during a campaign trail. He can't just stop. He's

I would expect a tory MP in a leadship race to do the exact same... and I have no issue with it...
I really don't think you'd have an issue with it if it was a tory MP.

You're just looking for a fight against labour, I think you're just sad.

FYI:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sir-keir-starmer-labour-leadership-camp
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 10:16]

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:12 - Jan 27 with 1219 viewsGlasgowBlue

To give it some context this the quote.

The bloke seems absolutely shattered by a family member being seriously ill and is very grateful to the NHS for all they are doing. No more and no less.

I think you’ve taken his words the wrong way mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:15 - Jan 27 with 1191 viewsHerbivore

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:12 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

The bloke seems absolutely shattered by a family member being seriously ill and is very grateful to the NHS for all they are doing. No more and no less.

I doubt he's even seen the clip. Hampstead isn't known for checking his source material.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:18 - Jan 27 with 1176 viewsHARRY10

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:12 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

cheers for that clip GB, does let us see what was really said

and I wonder what the point of HB's rather silly post was intended to achieve, the election is over

(maybe someone could tell HB that}
Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:18 - Jan 27 with 1183 viewsmonytowbray

Amazing you can't spot a habitual liar who has been proven countless times to be telling fibs in plain daylight (Johnson) but you can somehow decipher a lie from someone else just from their tone of voice.

Your ignorance never fails to blow my mind.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:38 - Jan 27 with 1078 viewsmo_itfc

looks like the OP has shut up now...

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Login to get fewer ads

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:48 - Jan 27 with 1066 viewsDubtractor

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:15 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

I doubt he's even seen the clip. Hampstead isn't known for checking his source material.

The bloke is just a bit of a nob tbh.

I've previously given him benefit of the doubt as he is polite, but he's just a one eyed fool.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 1023 viewsClapham_Junction

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 08:27 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I was hoping this rubbish had finished after the election

Sadly this sort of sh1t will be thrown at whoever is Labour leader.

I think some people who thought all Labour needed to do was get someone like Starmer in charge are going to be a little surprised about what happens next.

(and I say that as someone who will be voting for Starmer).
Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:59 - Jan 27 with 1014 viewseireblue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 10:18 - Jan 27 by monytowbray

Amazing you can't spot a habitual liar who has been proven countless times to be telling fibs in plain daylight (Johnson) but you can somehow decipher a lie from someone else just from their tone of voice.

Your ignorance never fails to blow my mind.

The content of OP, is itself a lie.

Rather than an example of “it takes one to know one”, this is more indicative of Orr’s explanation of Appleby’s eye affliction. Simply knock off the f and replace eyes with brains, and hey presto a ready explanation.
Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:00 - Jan 27 with 1007 viewsmonytowbray

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:58 - Jan 27 by Clapham_Junction

I think some people who thought all Labour needed to do was get someone like Starmer in charge are going to be a little surprised about what happens next.

Labour are unelectable until the press decide they like the leader. And for the press to like the leader they'll have to become something not too many miles away from the Tories.

It's a lose/lose situation until the nation stops being so gullible.

TWTD never forgets…

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:03 - Jan 27 with 993 viewsitfcjoe

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:58 - Jan 27 by Clapham_Junction

There is a lot less to throw at Starmer than their was at Corbyn, and people begin to see through desperation when it can be swotted off easily

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:06 - Jan 27 with 977 viewsStokieBlue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:00 - Jan 27 by monytowbray

Labour are unelectable until the press decide they like the leader. And for the press to like the leader they'll have to become something not too many miles away from the Tories.

It's a lose/lose situation until the nation stops being so gullible.

Afternoon Callis.

Whilst there is certainly a very valid point to be made about press coverage and it should be highlighted do you pin the entire election result on the press?

I ask as from the wording that seems to be the gist of your post?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:08 - Jan 27 with 970 viewsClapham_Junction

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:03 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

There is a lot less to throw at Starmer than their was at Corbyn, and people begin to see through desperation when it can be swotted off easily

Sadly, I think what happened to Miliband at the 2015 election suggests otherwise.
Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:11 - Jan 27 with 952 viewsmonytowbray

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:06 - Jan 27 by StokieBlue

Afternoon Callis.

Whilst there is certainly a very valid point to be made about press coverage and it should be highlighted do you pin the entire election result on the press?

I ask as from the wording that seems to be the gist of your post?

SB

Not entirely and I've said previously Labour's mistakes was an overly ambitious manifesto (that re enforced the typical LABOUR AND FREE STUFF stereotype that makes it easy to dismiss) and reading the mood on Brexit incorrectly.

But when was the last time a leader won a general election without the Sun and Daily Mail fighting their corner?

TWTD never forgets…

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:12 - Jan 27 with 948 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:03 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Indeed. The press had to resort to digging up the views of Miliband's father and splash a picture of him struggling to eat a bacon sandwich in order to discredit him

Whereas Corbyn was just the gift that kept on giving.

Iron Lion Zion

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:13 - Jan 27 with 947 viewsmonytowbray

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:08 - Jan 27 by Clapham_Junction

Sadly, I think what happened to Miliband at the 2015 election suggests otherwise.

Never forget, the Sun ran a FRONT PAGE story about how Milliband couldn't eat a bacon sandwich properly but hailed Cameron a hero/genius for eating a hotdog at a BBQ with a knife and fork.

If you ever needed proof of propaganda and bias, that's it. I wouldn't trust anyone who eats BBQ food with anything but their hands.

TWTD never forgets…

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:15 - Jan 27 with 940 viewsmonytowbray

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:12 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. The press had to resort to digging up the views of Miliband's father and splash a picture of him struggling to eat a bacon sandwich in order to discredit him

Whereas Corbyn was just the gift that kept on giving.

Hmmm. The press had to resort to a lot of lies and misinformation when they went digging around Corbyn. He wasn't the gift, in fact he was a threat that needed extra hours to be dealt with.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-attacks-

I think you're taking liberties here.

TWTD never forgets…

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:16 - Jan 27 with 939 viewsmrshallisfit

Not as cheap as some Billy No Marks coming on to a football forum scoring cheap political points when they are not there.
Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:21 - Jan 27 with 915 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:15 - Jan 27 by monytowbray

Hmmm. The press had to resort to a lot of lies and misinformation when they went digging around Corbyn. He wasn't the gift, in fact he was a threat that needed extra hours to be dealt with.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-media-bias-attacks-

I think you're taking liberties here.

Done this soooooooooooo many times before.

I doubt we will ever see a leader of a mainstream political party who carries so much baggage.

Whether it is calling Jew murdering Islamic terror groups his "friends", defending IRA bombers at the Old Bailey, laying wreaths at the graves of the organisers of the Munich massacre, defending and associating with various antisemites, blood libellers and holocaust deniers or defending the butchers of the Balkans conflict.

Iron Lion Zion

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:22 - Jan 27 with 910 viewsHerbivore

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:48 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

I've previously given him benefit of the doubt as he is polite, but he's just a one eyed fool.

I referred to him as something one eyed earlier and it got removed (probably fairly).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:27 - Jan 27 with 887 viewsitfcjoe

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:08 - Jan 27 by Clapham_Junction

The problem was Milliband was never a leader, he is so much more relaxed now and think he is great value on his podcasts and with the contributions he makes now - but almost reinforces that he was the man to be developing policies not presenting them.

I haven't seen as much of Starmer, but he, probably because of working background, is a much more impressive performer and carries himself in the right manner. People don't like it but image is important and he'll be getting my vote. He seems smart enough to surround himself with the right people which is always the key thing (and what Johnson is getting right in reality, whether you agree with policies or not)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:27 - Jan 27 with 891 viewshampstead_blue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 12:48 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

1 1/2 and yes I am bias and find the hard left a real danger to the country. I find them and the way they go about their business abhorrent. So much is ignored and excused away.
And yes again, I do give the Tories a kick when they deserve it.

I didn't see the clip. I listen to R4 Today program which is were I heard their edited interview.

I've not seen the clip yet but will try and get to see it later. I don't know if R4 edited their piece.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 877 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmer politicising a family member in hospital. Very cheap. on 13:27 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

The problem was Milliband was never a leader, he is so much more relaxed now and think he is great value on his podcasts and with the contributions he makes now - but almost reinforces that he was the man to be developing policies not presenting them.

I haven't seen as much of Starmer, but he, probably because of working background, is a much more impressive performer and carries himself in the right manner. People don't like it but image is important and he'll be getting my vote. He seems smart enough to surround himself with the right people which is always the key thing (and what Johnson is getting right in reality, whether you agree with policies or not)

I think Starmer would take Johnson apart at PMQ's. Sadly for Labour not many people watch it.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024