Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp - Magic of the cup! 20:26 - Jan 26 with 6134 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 08:02 - Jan 27 with 2269 viewsKropotkin123

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 20:35 - Jan 26 by sparks

Dont see the issue. Clubs have priorities. They have huge squads and capable assistants. The FA cup is a second rate contest now- because of the money involved in the prem. The horse has bolted folks. And that is not Klopp's fault.

Yeah, it would be like Lambert saying we aren't putting our strongest team out for the EFTL. Anyone with half a brain wouldn't care.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 8:02]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 08:04 - Jan 27 with 2264 viewsKropotkin123

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:32 - Jan 26 by m14_blue

I think Klopp has been great both on and off the pitch since arriving in English football but I have a real problem with this.

It’s disrespectful to the cup, to the FA and to the fans who pay their money but most of all it’s disrespectful to Shrewsbury Town who should be looking forward to the biggest night of their lives.

Rotate players by all means but don’t make big public gestures to show how little you care.

The ‘big 6’ can just fcuk off.

He's not wasting people's money. Not telling them and putting out a youth team would be wasting their money.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 08:04 - Jan 27 with 2260 viewsHerbivore

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:45 - Jan 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not defending Klopp but some people are quick to slate him over 'disregarding' the competition.

Whether it is right or wrong Klopp has got own priorities. We had a manager for whom a draw to Bristol City at home was a priority. He made wholesale changes for our game against Man Utd and disregarded thousands of our fans that had travelled up. Not only Man Utd game though as he had no interest at all in the cup competitions.

And our current manager has been taking them seriously?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 08:36 - Jan 27 with 2236 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:56 - Jan 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes but he did at least turn up for them

You really need to let it go. The bad man has gone and we are now happily top of the league in the division below without him

No it's you who have a real problem. Why am I not allowed to talk about our ex-manager? Just because it doesn't suit your agenda? If it had suited you then you wouldn't have told me to 'let it go'.

But the main thing was peoples criticism of what Klopp is doing that I've found a bit ridiculous.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 09:38 - Jan 27 with 2198 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 08:36 - Jan 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

No it's you who have a real problem. Why am I not allowed to talk about our ex-manager? Just because it doesn't suit your agenda? If it had suited you then you wouldn't have told me to 'let it go'.

But the main thing was peoples criticism of what Klopp is doing that I've found a bit ridiculous.

Ahahaha, mate, if you want to let our ex-ex-manager occupy your every thought then be my guest

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 09:50 - Jan 27 with 2192 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:39 - Jan 26 by Ftnfwest

Would like to see Liverpool dock him 3 days pay in the run up to the replay for not doing his job

Dock him money!!!

The guy has basically got the freedom of the city ffs he is a legend and will go down in folklore as one of their greatest managers of all time (not now but in the years to come) he will be mentioned in the same breath as Paisley and Shankley.

No way would the club fine him.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 10:05 - Jan 27 with 2178 viewsHerbivore

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 08:36 - Jan 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

If you wanted to defend Klopp you could have just used our current manager for comparison. He's fielded reserve sides in the cup and let his assistant do the work.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 10:34 - Jan 27 with 2162 viewssmithy91

Shame, he seemed like a fairly likeable bloke and im not exactly a big fan of Liverpool. Reeks of unprofessionalism and throwing toys out of the pram, whilst also being incredibly disrespectful to the greatest cup competition...and some Liverpool fans accuse other top teams of being 'plastic' clubs
Login to get fewer ads

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 10:54 - Jan 27 with 2155 viewsChrisd

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 10:34 - Jan 27 by smithy91

Shame, he seemed like a fairly likeable bloke and im not exactly a big fan of Liverpool. Reeks of unprofessionalism and throwing toys out of the pram, whilst also being incredibly disrespectful to the greatest cup competition...and some Liverpool fans accuse other top teams of being 'plastic' clubs

Sadly, it's sentiment that the FA Cup is seen in that way, by many of a certain age (me included). Things have moved on. If I was a Shrewsbury player, I'd be really excited by the prospect of having a genuine opportunity to make the 5th Round in front of a sell out Anfield crowd. Come on the Shrews!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:41 - Feb 4 with 2042 viewsSaleAway

Is Klopp still disrespecting the cup when his kids win?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 1987 viewsTractorCam

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:41 - Feb 4 by SaleAway

When he has fully came out and said as much yes. Wonder if he will play the same team against Chelsea as a reward?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 06:09 - Feb 5 with 1914 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:41 - Feb 4 by SaleAway

Given that he wasn’t eventhere, yes. I don’t think you can get more disrepectful than not even bothering to turn up

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 15:57 - Feb 5 with 1841 viewsRadlett_blue

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 07:40 - Jan 27 by SaleAway

I don't blame Klopp for this - the Premier League has a mid-winter break this year - and all the clubs agreed to use it as a break ( i.e. not go and play money making friendlies abroad). So he's already given players and families time off during this period. Blame the FA and Premier league for not planning it properly, so there are replays in the middle of the premier league break.

Liverpool's priorities this year are to win the Premier League & the European Cup. I see no reason to pillory Klopp for completely disregarding the FA Cup & playing his U23s rather then the good old compromise of resting 6 or 7 players. And, oddly enough, his kids have been good enough to get them through to the 5th round. The BBC coverage, fawning over "Liverpool's youngest ever team" was quite hard to take, though.
Clubs should be allowed to skip entering the Cups if they don't want to.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 16:35 - Feb 5 with 1817 viewsTractorCam

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 15:57 - Feb 5 by Radlett_blue

Liverpool's priorities this year are to win the Premier League & the European Cup. I see no reason to pillory Klopp for completely disregarding the FA Cup & playing his U23s rather then the good old compromise of resting 6 or 7 players. And, oddly enough, his kids have been good enough to get them through to the 5th round. The BBC coverage, fawning over "Liverpool's youngest ever team" was quite hard to take, though.
Clubs should be allowed to skip entering the Cups if they don't want to.

Well you said it, their priority is the league and Champions league.

Therefore I hope the u23 manager and team are playing at Stamford Bridge next round, what do you reckon? Same competition just different opposition, should make no difference.

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 17:01 - Feb 5 with 1800 viewsLeaky

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 10:05 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

If you wanted to defend Klopp you could have just used our current manager for comparison. He's fielded reserve sides in the cup and let his assistant do the work.

If your fielding a reserve team the best man to manage them is the reserve team manager as he knows them better than Klopp
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 17:06 - Feb 5 with 1798 viewsLeoMuff

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:39 - Jan 26 by Ftnfwest

Would like to see Liverpool dock him 3 days pay in the run up to the replay for not doing his job

Seriously if there a manager doing a better job I would like to see it !!

I don’t see the issue, they were promised a winter break for players then replays are dropped in the middle, rather defeats the object and the FA knew all about it.

Clubs have no respect for the cup and been doing this for years.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 17:12 - Feb 5 with 1794 viewsSwansea_Blue

The accountants have said that the oldest football competition in the world isn't important any more. Who can argue with that eh?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 17:19 - Feb 5 with 1787 viewsPecker

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 21:32 - Jan 26 by m14_blue

I think Klopp has been great both on and off the pitch since arriving in English football but I have a real problem with this.

It’s disrespectful to the cup, to the FA and to the fans who pay their money but most of all it’s disrespectful to Shrewsbury Town who should be looking forward to the biggest night of their lives.

Rotate players by all means but don’t make big public gestures to show how little you care.

The ‘big 6’ can just fcuk off.

The fans knew straight away that the u23s would be playing. I believe Liverpool lowered the price for tickets to reflect this. Not sure of your point. Liverpool's priority is winning the league and Klopp guaranteed his first team squad a winter break. Great management in my book.
Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 17:26 - Feb 5 with 1782 viewsRadlett_blue

Klopp - Magic of the cup! on 17:12 - Feb 5 by Swansea_Blue

The accountants have said that the oldest football competition in the world isn't important any more. Who can argue with that eh?

The FA Cup has been declining in status ever since the creation of the Champions' League & also the huge increase in TV money from staying in the Premier League. It's now become the norm for even clubs in mid table in the top 2 tiers to play severely weakened sides. The only thing that might change the thinking of the big clubs could be to give the 4th CL place to the Cup winners, but that would be opposed by the big clubs, while they also have sufficiently strong squads to win cup ties with weakened XIs so the general tendency to put out weak teams has played into their hands.
No need to chastise Klopp over this.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024