Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So no power sockets.. 11:06 - Jan 26 with 20157 viewsFarmerpiles

In the away dressing room. PL prior to the game had all the power sockets removed so the away team cant play music or charge their election items according to Stuart Watson. Be a few egos throwing their toys out the pram cos they cant blow dry their outstanding hairstyles amongst other things. I'd go full on John Beck from the 80's who turned the heating, hot water etc off at Cambridge utd
So no power sockets.. on 15:57 - Jan 26 with 4264 viewsBlueBadger

So no power sockets.. on 13:40 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

Personally I don’t like this sort of thing, would rather the club rose above all this sort of rubbish in the spirit of fair play - otherwise a race to the bottom

Agreed. It's a bit 'Steve Evans' isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So no power sockets.. on 16:02 - Jan 26 with 4246 viewsBlueBadger

It's all a bit 'Steve Evans' tinpot isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So no power sockets.. on 16:07 - Jan 26 with 4241 viewsthatdamgood89

Absolutely love this. For too long it's been good old Ipswich. Nice place to play that.. Even the year we were relegated from the premier league we were Mr nice guy. We won the fair play FFS. I'd have rather gone down swinging blood and guts.

Every single Competitive form has had the mind games aspect attached to it. From wars
to sport. Look at boxing. It's a spectacle but 80% of it is trying to live in your opponents head. From the weigh in down to what tape you can use on your gloves.

Out on the football pitch is the same. As Alan Lee said recently on the podcast some players really subscribe to it while others don't.

Top work Lambo

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

So no power sockets.. on 16:23 - Jan 26 with 4217 viewsFifeITFC

So no power sockets.. on 13:50 - Jan 26 by Sharkey

Colin Hill (the Northern Ireland international) told me that it was quite common for the away team at Layer Road (Colchester) to come changed except for their boots. But Colchester's dressing room was no better.

I had been in both changing rooms at Layer Road when I was playing youth football. Remember thinking it was cramped for a side when you only had 1 sub and just a manager and team in there.

Don't know how they managed when you had 3 or 5 subs and all the coaching and physio staff as well!

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

So no power sockets.. on 16:25 - Jan 26 with 4212 viewsBluefish

So no power sockets.. on 12:44 - Jan 26 by MrTown

I love it, another good move from PL. Think it will go further as well, Warren reporting at Col U he cut the changes rooms by half and painted it black.

Psychological games are vital, and I have always been under the impression that it’s very ‘nice’ for away teams to come to Ipswich. Let’s go play Ipswich that’s a ‘nice’ away day.

Glad PL is doing some to rectify that, the man knows what he is doing.

PRP could sh*t in your seat pre match and you would still say how wonderful it was

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So no power sockets.. on 16:50 - Jan 26 with 4198 viewsagentp

So no power sockets.. on 16:07 - Jan 26 by thatdamgood89

Absolutely love this. For too long it's been good old Ipswich. Nice place to play that.. Even the year we were relegated from the premier league we were Mr nice guy. We won the fair play FFS. I'd have rather gone down swinging blood and guts.

Every single Competitive form has had the mind games aspect attached to it. From wars
to sport. Look at boxing. It's a spectacle but 80% of it is trying to live in your opponents head. From the weigh in down to what tape you can use on your gloves.

Out on the football pitch is the same. As Alan Lee said recently on the podcast some players really subscribe to it while others don't.

Top work Lambo

Yeah, take the power sockets away just in case they forgot to charge their phones. That'll show them how hard we are.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So no power sockets.. on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 4189 viewsBlueBadger

So no power sockets.. on 16:25 - Jan 26 by Bluefish

PRP could sh*t in your seat pre match and you would still say how wonderful it was

If this was Norwich doing this, we would rightfully be taking the royal piss. This is where we're at now, getting all excited because we're pulling tin-pot stuff like this.

So no power sockets.. on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 4106 viewsjeera

So no power sockets.. on 16:50 - Jan 26 by agentp

Yeah, take the power sockets away just in case they forgot to charge their phones. That'll show them how hard we are.

Quite.

It's petty and classless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

So no power sockets.. on 18:48 - Jan 26 with 4090 views3_5_2

So no power sockets.. on 13:36 - Jan 26 by Dubtractor

Stick a shipping container on the training ground for them, like they used to have at Bucklesham for those that used to play a bit of Sunday morning football...

played a cup game at Bently (Nr East Bergholt) many years ago and the changing rooms for both team was an old railway carriage!

No plug sockets or showers there

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So no power sockets.. on 18:49 - Jan 26 with 4089 viewsPJH

So no power sockets.. on 18:36 - Jan 26 by jeera

Quite.

It's petty and classless.

Certainly nothing to be proud of.

I could understand a lower league team trying to make things as uncomfortable as possible for Premier League visitors but this is a bit silly isn't it?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 19:01]
So no power sockets.. on 18:55 - Jan 26 with 4080 viewsclive_baker

I've always hated this sort of nonsense. I would rather we showed a little class towards our visitors. Not to mention the fact I'm not convinced it actually results in any sort of advantage, although of course that's impossible to know. Personally, as an away player if I turned up to no heating or whatever I would be more inclined to think 'lets batter these c***'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Classless, pointless, petty, childish and tinpot..... on 18:55 - Jan 26 with 4077 viewsBloots

….in the extreme.

He'll probably read the posts on here and change his mind next week.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 19:15]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So no power sockets.. on 18:59 - Jan 26 with 4067 viewsPJH

So no power sockets.. on 18:55 - Jan 26 by clive_baker

I've always hated this sort of nonsense. I would rather we showed a little class towards our visitors. Not to mention the fact I'm not convinced it actually results in any sort of advantage, although of course that's impossible to know. Personally, as an away player if I turned up to no heating or whatever I would be more inclined to think 'lets batter these c***'.

Agree, it is generally recognised that teams raise their games against the 'bigger' clubs in this division so what is the point of winding them up even more?
So no power sockets.. on 19:00 - Jan 26 with 4064 viewsBlueBadger

So no power sockets.. on 18:49 - Jan 26 by PJH

Certainly nothing to be proud of.

I could understand a lower league team trying to make things as uncomfortable as possible for Premier League visitors but this is a bit silly isn't it?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 19:01]

Definitely in the sort of tinpot territory that would be more suited to the one job he was actually a success at rather than here.

So no power sockets.. on 19:22 - Jan 26 with 4038 views3_5_2

has anyone even considered PL is thinking of the environment here?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So no power sockets.. on 19:24 - Jan 26 with 4037 viewsPJH

So no power sockets.. on 19:22 - Jan 26 by 3_5_2

has anyone even considered PL is thinking of the environment here?

or the electricity bill?
So no power sockets.. on 20:05 - Jan 26 with 3984 viewsitfcjoe

So no power sockets.. on 18:55 - Jan 26 by clive_baker

The sort of cod psychology you expect from an Aidy Boothroud type of manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So no power sockets.. on 20:16 - Jan 26 with 3956 viewsHipsterectomy

So no power sockets.. on 20:05 - Jan 26 by itfcjoe

The sort of cod psychology you expect from an Aidy Boothroud type of manager

Because a few no-name League 1 players can't straighten their hair after a match?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

So no power sockets.. on 20:41 - Jan 26 with 3928 viewsBLUEBEAT

So no power sockets.. on 17:04 - Jan 26 by BlueBadger

If this was Norwich doing this, we would rightfully be taking the royal piss. This is where we're at now, getting all excited because we're pulling tin-pot stuff like this.

Didn’t they paint their visitors dressing room pale pink last season?

How is that helping the team now, I wonder?

Poll: W or W

So no power sockets.. on 20:47 - Jan 26 with 3917 viewsReuser_is_God

Where has this been reported?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So no power sockets.. on 20:52 - Jan 26 with 3904 viewsfooters

So no power sockets.. on 19:24 - Jan 26 by PJH

or the electricity bill?

Good point.

If we install a proper leccy meter and make the opposition pay for it, could be a money spinner?

Likewise a blue pill machine with regard to the erection post earlier.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So no power sockets.. on 22:02 - Jan 26 with 3855 viewsFarmerpiles

So no power sockets.. on 20:47 - Jan 26 by Reuser_is_God

Where has this been reported?

By Andy warren (not stuart Watson as I originally posted)in eadt online this morning. And for election it should of read electrical....bloody smartphones. Should of reread before posting!
So no power sockets.. on 22:44 - Jan 26 with 3811 viewshaynes_toe1

All a bit unnecessary and not sure it makes a difference either way.
So no power sockets.. on 23:06 - Jan 26 with 3777 viewsronnyd

So no power sockets.. on 18:48 - Jan 26 by 3_5_2

played a cup game at Bently (Nr East Bergholt) many years ago and the changing rooms for both team was an old railway carriage!

No plug sockets or showers there

When i used to play in, then subsequently reffed village and Sunday league football in the 60s and 70s, most of the time there were no changing facilities. Mostly had to change in the car, then drive home wet and muddy.
So no power sockets.. on 23:15 - Jan 26 with 3756 viewsjeera

So no power sockets.. on 23:06 - Jan 26 by ronnyd

When i used to play in, then subsequently reffed village and Sunday league football in the 60s and 70s, most of the time there were no changing facilities. Mostly had to change in the car, then drive home wet and muddy.

When I was a child at Elmswell Primary we used to go swimming at some farm owned outdoor swimming pool and we had to get changed in a barn.

However, I wouldn't expect an Olympic swimming team to have to do the same just because I had to as a kid!
[Post edited 26 Jan 2020 23:22]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024