Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine 19:53 - Jan 11 with 2506 viewshomer_123

off what, really, was a very good all round performance.

I've been a heavy critic of Judge, albeit also saying he should be able to rip this league up, today was, finally a performance we know he's capable of.

With the excellent Huws and maturing Downes behind behind him...it was a very good midfield performance against a team that, typically, does well against bigger opponents.

Jackson continues to impress and Garbutt and Edwards (the much maligned Edwards) providing decent support in all thirds of the pitch.

Wilson and Chambers were very solid with Woolfy looking superb with and without the ball...all very good.

Lambert...passionate and animated on the touchline resembled an archetypal dour Scot in the press conference. Is he trying to undo the good off the field work he's been doing? Does he really find Evan's comments grating. Why has he so contradicted himself in the press conference.

Will the outcome be just as bizarre as the 5 year contract? Sacked in the morning?

A very odd end to an excellent team performance.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 19:54]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:02 - Jan 11 with 2449 viewsJ2BLUE

I wondered if it was an attempt to get more money out of Evans. He mentioned Evans saying that's the best we can do. Maybe this is his public way of demanding more.

if not it doesn't make any sense and he really needs to shut up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:04 - Jan 11 with 2431 viewshomer_123

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:02 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

I wondered if it was an attempt to get more money out of Evans. He mentioned Evans saying that's the best we can do. Maybe this is his public way of demanding more.

if not it doesn't make any sense and he really needs to shut up.

The concern here is that he has a 5 year contract...he may feel he is safe to continue like this!

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:07 - Jan 11 with 2417 viewsSomethingBlue

Honestly, and I'm not having a pop, I would *never* let some chat from a manager sully a 4-1 win. It's not important. We invest too much in all that and need to let go a little.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:09 - Jan 11 with 2399 viewsChrisd

Perhaps if we all just ignored him, like dealing with a petulant child, might be the best way forward?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:11 - Jan 11 with 2390 viewshomer_123

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:07 - Jan 11 by SomethingBlue

Honestly, and I'm not having a pop, I would *never* let some chat from a manager sully a 4-1 win. It's not important. We invest too much in all that and need to let go a little.

You gotta admit...a very odd way to finish a 4-1 win.

Not losing sleep over it...just commenting on the silly way to end it.

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:14 - Jan 11 with 2375 viewsSomethingBlue

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:11 - Jan 11 by homer_123

You gotta admit...a very odd way to finish a 4-1 win.

Not losing sleep over it...just commenting on the silly way to end it.

Just not sure it takes the shine off anything, does it? He's said that this week, he'll probably contradict it next week, that's how it is. Bottom line: doesn't matter; good day's work and some room for optimism again.

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:15 - Jan 11 with 2361 viewsBluefish

He is just having a reaction to being told what to do by his boss and it working

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:18 - Jan 11 with 2335 viewsSomethingBlue

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:15 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

He is just having a reaction to being told what to do by his boss and it working

Are we going to go down the road of things being down to everyone bar the manager when they go well? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we were, but wanted to ask.

Login to get fewer ads

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:21 - Jan 11 with 2316 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Brilliant today.

I thought Downes was brilliant and was so happy for Judge, he is so much better in that role.

Need to back this up at Oxford, we really can.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:22 - Jan 11 with 2305 viewshomer_123

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:14 - Jan 11 by SomethingBlue

Just not sure it takes the shine off anything, does it? He's said that this week, he'll probably contradict it next week, that's how it is. Bottom line: doesn't matter; good day's work and some room for optimism again.

Yeah...it does...otherwise I wouldn't have posted as such.

First win in ages and he chooses to do that....if it's all about the players it's all rather bizarre.

He won't see out 5 years and I'll be surprised if he hasn't walked by the end of the season.

Great result today and an excellent first half performance.

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:22 - Jan 11 with 2300 viewsitfcjoe

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:14 - Jan 11 by SomethingBlue

I agree to an extent, but Mick did this a few times and when we had a good win he gave the numbskulls ammunition with his comments - seems unnecessary but he obviously needs someone to rail against

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:23 - Jan 11 with 2288 viewsSomethingBlue

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:22 - Jan 11 by homer_123

Yeah...it does...otherwise I wouldn't have posted as such.

First win in ages and he chooses to do that....if it's all about the players it's all rather bizarre.

He won't see out 5 years and I'll be surprised if he hasn't walked by the end of the season.

Great result today and an excellent first half performance.

I just think Lambert is the type that likes to chunter a bit. Back this result up with a decent run and I doubt anyone will care what he said today or any other day.

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:26 - Jan 11 with 2256 viewshomer_123

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:23 - Jan 11 by SomethingBlue

I just think Lambert is the type that likes to chunter a bit. Back this result up with a decent run and I doubt anyone will care what he said today or any other day.

No doubt....a win at Oxford would be fab.

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:20 - Jan 11 with 2131 viewsBluefish

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 20:18 - Jan 11 by SomethingBlue

Are we going to go down the road of things being down to everyone bar the manager when they go well? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we were, but wanted to ask.

You proper have it bad for him don't you? Never seen you si worked up so frequently

Not sure it is giving all the credit away but he had clearly been told to stop messing and just play his best team and a settled team. Otherwise it is a hell of a coincidence that the 1st repeated side is the same as last week after 33 different teams in the week his boss speaks out

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:23 - Jan 11 with 2104 viewsjeera

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:20 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

You proper have it bad for him don't you? Never seen you si worked up so frequently

Not sure it is giving all the credit away but he had clearly been told to stop messing and just play his best team and a settled team. Otherwise it is a hell of a coincidence that the 1st repeated side is the same as last week after 33 different teams in the week his boss speaks out

Maybe he's been working up to it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:25 - Jan 11 with 2094 viewsBluefish

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:23 - Jan 11 by jeera

Maybe he's been working up to it.

Yep just an enormous coincidence, I can see why he must be so annoyed then. 33 games of preparation and his boss spoils it

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:29 - Jan 11 with 2068 viewsjeera

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:25 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

Yep just an enormous coincidence, I can see why he must be so annoyed then. 33 games of preparation and his boss spoils it

You can see it unfolding if you try hard enough.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:46 - Jan 11 with 1990 viewsm14_blue

Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 21:25 - Jan 11 by Bluefish

Criticise him when the team plays badly (plenty of opportunities lately) but don’t try and twist good performances and results into reasons to have a pop.

That way numbskullery lies.
Lamberts comments have, somewhat, taken the shine on 23:21 - Jan 11 with 1761 viewsRocky

He must be a nightmare to interview. I've notice he's more conciliatory if we lose, but very aggressive when we win.His targets are everyone but the players - who have always been magnificent - even in a bad defeat.
He will usually contradict himself within a matter of moments, so much of what he says makes no sense whatsoever.
Difficult to work out. Is it a Glasgow thing? SAF could apparently start an argument in an empty room.
He really needs to get that monkey off his back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024