Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million 09:15 - Jan 7 with 3647 viewsdavblue

They don't half spend some money for a club of their size, their hit rate is reasonable

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/peterborough-united-spla
Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:20 - Jan 7 with 3127 viewsitfcjoe

Especially into the non league, serious money but like you say they don't make many bad signings.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:24 - Jan 7 with 3071 viewschicoazul

Thought this was about Kayden Jackson for a minute.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:25 - Jan 7 with 3068 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:24 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

Thought this was about Kayden Jackson for a minute.

I was hoping it was.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:26 - Jan 7 with 3047 viewshoppy

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:20 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

Especially into the non league, serious money but like you say they don't make many bad signings.

And they generally sell very very well too.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:30 - Jan 7 with 3026 viewsSWGF

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:26 - Jan 7 by hoppy

Exhibits A-Z:

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:33 - Jan 7 with 2997 viewsGeoffSentence

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:26 - Jan 7 by hoppy

They do seem to bring the best out of the players they get.

It is probably a bad idea to buy from Peterborough though, they do get a decent price and the players never seem to do so well when they've left.

I can't remember an ex-Peterborough player who has gone on to do better things.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:36 - Jan 7 with 2974 viewshoppy

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:33 - Jan 7 by GeoffSentence

It is probably a bad idea to buy from Peterborough though, they do get a decent price and the players never seem to do so well when they've left.

Exhibits A-Z:

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:37 - Jan 7 with 2968 viewsStokieBlue

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:25 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

I was hoping it was.

Why?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:37 - Jan 7 with 2961 viewsdavblue

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:33 - Jan 7 by GeoffSentence

Gayle, Boyd have done well.
Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:39 - Jan 7 with 2942 viewsIP33

Dwight Gayle, Assombolonga. They definitely have an eye for a player.
Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:39 - Jan 7 with 2928 viewsGooders7592

Dwight Gayle, Britt Assombalonga, Ryan Bennett
Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:40 - Jan 7 with 2920 viewsitfcjoe

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:37 - Jan 7 by davblue

Assombalonga too, Mackail-Smith had a decent career - as did Aaron McLean, lee Tomlin still hanging about in the 2nd tier

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:41 - Jan 7 with 2911 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wonder how much it cost to pay off Hurst and his team? That would probably have paid for a player of this value I'd have thought, if not more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:41 - Jan 7 with 2914 viewsSWGF

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:37 - Jan 7 by davblue

You think? She hasn't done much since Eastenders whereas his career hasn't sky-rocketed since the Wide Awake Club.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:43 - Jan 7 with 2883 viewsGeoffSentence

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:40 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

Assombalonga too, Mackail-Smith had a decent career - as did Aaron McLean, lee Tomlin still hanging about in the 2nd tier

This is in danger of becoming a "what have the Romans done for us" kind of thread.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:44 - Jan 7 with 2883 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:37 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

Why?

SB

I just don't rate him all that much, considering what we paid for him as well (thanks Hurst). I read the other day on here it's now 17 games without a goal for him, plus he massively struggled last season in the Championship, so if we are to go up again, is he going to be any better next time around?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:55 - Jan 7 with 2777 viewsdavblue

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:41 - Jan 7 by SWGF

You think? She hasn't done much since Eastenders whereas his career hasn't sky-rocketed since the Wide Awake Club.

oh god.
Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:56 - Jan 7 with 2772 viewsMedwayTractor

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:44 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

I just don't rate him all that much, considering what we paid for him as well (thanks Hurst). I read the other day on here it's now 17 games without a goal for him, plus he massively struggled last season in the Championship, so if we are to go up again, is he going to be any better next time around?

Not quite true as far as his scoring record is concerned. He scored at Southend, since then has started 7 times & come on as sub another 4 times.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:09 - Jan 7 with 2696 viewsSteve_M

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:44 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

It's 17 games if you count the ones he didn't play in as well as those he did.

Is Jackson worth what we paid for him? Not really, his first touch is generally poor and his finishing erratic.

Is selling him now a good thing? Definitely not, he works hard for the team, his pace is a threat to defenders - see Wycombe's ones panicking every time he came near them - and he will contribute goals and assists at this level.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:16 - Jan 7 with 2650 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:09 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

It's 17 games if you count the ones he didn't play in as well as those he did.

Is Jackson worth what we paid for him? Not really, his first touch is generally poor and his finishing erratic.

Is selling him now a good thing? Definitely not, he works hard for the team, his pace is a threat to defenders - see Wycombe's ones panicking every time he came near them - and he will contribute goals and assists at this level.

My apologies, I only skim read that thread!

He's handy at this level I will admit, although, as you've said, if he could improve his finishing and decision making, I think he'd be a bloody good player at this level. Selling him probably wouldn't be wise, although if a decent offer was on the table to recoup most of what we paid, I think the club would seriously consider it.

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:32 - Jan 7 with 2578 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:40 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

Over the same period we have made some outstanding signings...

Cresswell
Webster
Mings
Waghorn
Murphy
McGoldrick
Bart
Walters
Hourihane

We've had some good talent go through this club. The problem is we either don't make the most of it, or we don't sell at the right time / price.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:55 - Jan 7 with 2480 viewsArnieM

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:37 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

Why?

SB

Because he’s not very bright

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:57 - Jan 7 with 2461 viewschicoazul

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:25 - Jan 7 by Kieran_Knows

I was hoping it was.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 2436 viewsChrisd

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 09:20 - Jan 7 by itfcjoe

So true Joe and if anything they invariably sell them on for a tidy profit too. That's not down to luck with it happening so often they must have the right people in those key positions to keep being successful.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 11:04 - Jan 7 with 2420 viewsKieran_Knows

Peterborough have made another signing 500k rising to a million on 10:55 - Jan 7 by ArnieM

Because he’s not very bright

Talk about pot, kettle.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024