Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? 10:35 - Dec 27 with 4167 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Let me be clear. In my many years of following Town I have swore, said some stupid things, joined in with songs I was too young to know were wrong, given dogs abuse to opposition players and gone utterly mental when we've scored. I'm no saint.

But these were in the heat of the moment (Thomsen's disallowed goal at Norwich which would have made it 2-2, van Nistelrooy cheating to all but condemn us to relegation, Norwich going 5-1 up etc).

There is a fan that sits near me in a stand that's got a lot of children in, many of them 5 or 6, who swears for the entire 90 minutes, frequently the C word, has his partner and children with him (aged around 9 and 7) and literally moans about everything. The ref, the players, the opponents. It's unbearable.

There is a line and we've all probably crossed it on occasion but few of us do so during a 0-0 with Gillingham for the entire match.

It's starting to make games unpleasant and most importantly stressing out a few kids around me. One little kid in front clearly knows the language and shouting is wrong and is getting pretty upset regularly.

This individual would probably have been decked in the North Stand. Even if you consider this behaviour acceptable, which I don't, then it certainly isn't the sort of thing that should be going on outside the North Stand, where to a degree we expect it.

I've had enough of the bloke. He's about 5 rows in front of me and even his own wife and kids look like they have been dragged to Portman Road at gun point. It's really awkward to watch.

Thoughts?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:39 - Dec 27 with 3581 viewsWD19

My first thought is: is the wife fit?

But that probably says more about me.....
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:42 - Dec 27 with 3562 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry about that, I’ll try and calm it down. The ref was a **** though

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:43 - Dec 27 with 3551 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:39 - Dec 27 by WD19

My first thought is: is the wife fit?

But that probably says more about me.....

I honestly believe there is very little difference between this blokes usual activities, even when we were winning at the start of the season, and a Jim Jefferies DVD.

Honestly, aside from jokes about religion, sexuality etc, the language is no different. Only this guy is angrily snarling at everyone for 90 minutes and genuinely scaring kids.

And no. The wife is not fit. She has a real 'Little Mo' around Trevor from EastEnders vibe. She looks more scared than anyone.

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:48 - Dec 27 with 3495 viewswarkthisway

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:43 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I honestly believe there is very little difference between this blokes usual activities, even when we were winning at the start of the season, and a Jim Jefferies DVD.

Honestly, aside from jokes about religion, sexuality etc, the language is no different. Only this guy is angrily snarling at everyone for 90 minutes and genuinely scaring kids.

And no. The wife is not fit. She has a real 'Little Mo' around Trevor from EastEnders vibe. She looks more scared than anyone.

Why don’t you say something to him? Don’t like this “reporting” business- where does that stop? Man up and speak to him.

bentnkuqi

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:58 - Dec 27 with 3440 viewssparks

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:48 - Dec 27 by warkthisway

Why don’t you say something to him? Don’t like this “reporting” business- where does that stop? Man up and speak to him.

Surely that attitude comes straight from the environment set up by criminals to dissuade people from doing anythign about them.

Amazes me how people don't think about where the idea that it is "wrong to grass" actually comes from and who it benefits...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:58 - Dec 27 with 3436 viewsArnieM

I suggest a calm “ complaint” sent to the Club ( almost what you’ve written in here tbh), would be enough for them to act . All you need to do is find out his seat number etc and they will know exactly who the individual is and act accordingly. His behaviour is abusive and there are rules about this which the Club should act upon.

Doing it this way ^^^^ means you are not confronting that individual personally and therefore avoiding unnecessary confrontation in the stand.

Good luck

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:59 - Dec 27 with 3425 viewsmonytowbray

“Man up”, eurgh. What if he doesn’t want the confrontation?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:07 - Dec 27 with 3386 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Why should I?

This guy is about a half a stone heavier and about three inches shorter. If we were to have a fight for any reason I wouldn't like to say who would come off worst.

But why should I? I'm at football with my children, dad, uncle. Why should I police the idiot? This is literally what we employ stewards to do. I can't help thinking that the fact the nearest regular steward is a short woman aged around 60 doesn't help in this situation.

Do you really think people like this, when pointed out to them not to swear because they are relentless and kids are around, will suddenly realise their mistakes and be rehabilitated? He has his own kids with him and this isn't a deterrent.

Unless I was a foot taller and threating to break his legs I doubt he'd listen to anything someone else said. He's about 40. It's who he is. He's hardly going to change is he, unless he genuinely feels that he is being watched and it will lead to a ban.

I'm trying to enjoy the football with my family. Why should I have to worry about this moron having a pop at me as well as the players as well. This isn't your normal football bell end. This is an exceptional case. To be honest I've been waiting with baited breath every time we concede a goal for a racist or homophobic comment that gets him banned anyway. He's that sort of Neanderthal moron.

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:07 - Dec 27 with 3383 viewsArnieM

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:59 - Dec 27 by monytowbray

“Man up”, eurgh. What if he doesn’t want the confrontation?

Judging by the report of hoe this fella acts during matches I’d say it definitely would kick off ....... and How would that effect kiddies sat nearby ? Not a good idea in my book.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:09 - Dec 27 with 3369 viewsFifeITFC

I'm sorry, but that is one surefire way to escalate and make matters far worse than they are currently.

Very clever move.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:13 - Dec 27 with 3345 viewsHarlestonblue

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:07 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Why should I?

This guy is about a half a stone heavier and about three inches shorter. If we were to have a fight for any reason I wouldn't like to say who would come off worst.

But why should I? I'm at football with my children, dad, uncle. Why should I police the idiot? This is literally what we employ stewards to do. I can't help thinking that the fact the nearest regular steward is a short woman aged around 60 doesn't help in this situation.

Do you really think people like this, when pointed out to them not to swear because they are relentless and kids are around, will suddenly realise their mistakes and be rehabilitated? He has his own kids with him and this isn't a deterrent.

Unless I was a foot taller and threating to break his legs I doubt he'd listen to anything someone else said. He's about 40. It's who he is. He's hardly going to change is he, unless he genuinely feels that he is being watched and it will lead to a ban.

I'm trying to enjoy the football with my family. Why should I have to worry about this moron having a pop at me as well as the players as well. This isn't your normal football bell end. This is an exceptional case. To be honest I've been waiting with baited breath every time we concede a goal for a racist or homophobic comment that gets him banned anyway. He's that sort of Neanderthal moron.

You have to wait behind after the match and identify his seat. Write to the club and they will take some action. It's a family stand and a family club.
They will write to him in the first instance and you should ask for a steward to monitor his behaviour. Goodness knows I got frustrated yesterday and was up on my feet a few times but what you have described is totally unacceptable in front of kids and families.
You might want to consider moving somewhere else in the stadium. The club would be sypathetic I am sure.
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:16 - Dec 27 with 3332 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:07 - Dec 27 by ArnieM

Judging by the report of hoe this fella acts during matches I’d say it definitely would kick off ....... and How would that effect kiddies sat nearby ? Not a good idea in my book.

Exactly that.

With 95% of fans I'd go up and try and have a conversation. This is one person it would be pointless with and would probably just end up with violence, for which I am then at risk of being banned if I retaliate or defend myself.

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:19 - Dec 27 with 3317 viewsbackwaywhen

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:07 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Why should I?

Just check out his seat details and report to the club , they should act accordingly, if they don’t then get others to complain as well .... Sorted .
Happy New Year.
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:27 - Dec 27 with 3287 viewsMickslimp

I lodged a complaint once against some vermin who verbally abused my wife after she asked him if he could stop swearing every 2 mins extremely loudly and aggressively given he was in the family section of the co op stand and there were young kids all around him (including his own). Like others have said, with idiots like this there is 0 point in trying to reason with them as they are so thick they probably would try and start a punch up even with kids around. We complained to the stewards who were excellent and moved us on to other seats so we didn’t have to put up with this idiot. I emailed the club the following day who replied very quickly saying how sorry they were that we had experienced this and that they would not tolerate behaviour like that. They asked whether we had reported it to stewards so I recommend you do that first (I assume the club then verify your complaint against what the stewards report). Now whether the club actually do anything with these idiots I have no idea but on the off chance they do have a word then surely it s worth a quick email in the hope everyone can try and enjoy the game experience without having to listen to idiots like this.
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 11:38 - Dec 27 with 3207 viewsfactual_blue

Reporting him is the correct thing to do.

Or do you support the 'snitches get stitches' view of the world?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:22 - Dec 27 with 3065 viewsPendejo

Before next home game daub his seat with glue

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:28 - Dec 27 with 3044 viewsbluejacko

If the stewards are no help then ask them to get the stand manager and speak to him about it.
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:32 - Dec 27 with 3030 viewstextbackup

if its in the family section then report him.

the family section is for families. kids will hear bad words at games, BUT if its all game every game he really needs to site somewhere better suited for him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:36 - Dec 27 with 3017 viewsLord_Lucan

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:32 - Dec 27 by textbackup

if its in the family section then report him.

the family section is for families. kids will hear bad words at games, BUT if its all game every game he really needs to site somewhere better suited for him

I agree.

If it is in a family section then he is obviously a moron and if confronted he would continue to be a moron.

Best leave it to the club, you pay enough money to watch a game without fear or hassle.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:38 - Dec 27 with 2991 viewstextbackup

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:36 - Dec 27 by Lord_Lucan

I agree.

If it is in a family section then he is obviously a moron and if confronted he would continue to be a moron.

Best leave it to the club, you pay enough money to watch a game without fear or hassle.

yep, if he was swearing in the NSL then fair enough.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:51 - Dec 27 with 2947 viewsLord_Lucan

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 12:38 - Dec 27 by textbackup

yep, if he was swearing in the NSL then fair enough.....

Yes, I had a problem in NS Upper. Unless you are in family section I think it's fair game to use a bit of colourful language and some idiot complained to a steward about me. I was ticked off when I came back to my seat after half time, accepted it and sat down. I then stewed for a few minutes, approached the steward and had a chat, we then sort of agreed that it's pretty much fair game in NS. I then tapped idiot on the shoulder and politely suggested he was a dick and to move to a different stand. He replied that he has been a fixture of the north stand since the 70's.

I doubt somewhat if he would have got very far telling tales back then.

It's down to common decency and the OP is correct in feeling aggrieved.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 14:46 - Dec 27 with 2781 viewswarkthisway

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:58 - Dec 27 by ArnieM

I suggest a calm “ complaint” sent to the Club ( almost what you’ve written in here tbh), would be enough for them to act . All you need to do is find out his seat number etc and they will know exactly who the individual is and act accordingly. His behaviour is abusive and there are rules about this which the Club should act upon.

Doing it this way ^^^^ means you are not confronting that individual personally and therefore avoiding unnecessary confrontation in the stand.

Good luck

Cowardly

bentnkuqi

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 15:47 - Dec 27 with 2605 viewsBackToRussia

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 14:46 - Dec 27 by warkthisway

Cowardly

You're the shouty moron aren't you?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 16:05 - Dec 27 with 2571 viewsbadadski

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 10:43 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Before the game speak to a steward and tell him to keep an eye.
t's a family enclosure and swearing especially harsh C word swearing is not for kids to be hearing.

I don't mind swearing personally. i'm not a snowflake, but there is a time and a place for it and in a family enclosure in front of kids is not one of them.
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 17:59 - Dec 27 with 2371 viewsFifeITFC

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 14:46 - Dec 27 by warkthisway

Cowardly

Tell you what, as you're such a man, why don't you speak with the OP and get the details and you can speak to Gobby for him?

Shouldn't be a problem for a top man like you. Problem solved and I hope you enjoy your hospital food through a straw when the guy then pummels you.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024