Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? 10:35 - Dec 27 with 4182 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Let me be clear. In my many years of following Town I have swore, said some stupid things, joined in with songs I was too young to know were wrong, given dogs abuse to opposition players and gone utterly mental when we've scored. I'm no saint.

But these were in the heat of the moment (Thomsen's disallowed goal at Norwich which would have made it 2-2, van Nistelrooy cheating to all but condemn us to relegation, Norwich going 5-1 up etc).

There is a fan that sits near me in a stand that's got a lot of children in, many of them 5 or 6, who swears for the entire 90 minutes, frequently the C word, has his partner and children with him (aged around 9 and 7) and literally moans about everything. The ref, the players, the opponents. It's unbearable.

There is a line and we've all probably crossed it on occasion but few of us do so during a 0-0 with Gillingham for the entire match.

It's starting to make games unpleasant and most importantly stressing out a few kids around me. One little kid in front clearly knows the language and shouting is wrong and is getting pretty upset regularly.

This individual would probably have been decked in the North Stand. Even if you consider this behaviour acceptable, which I don't, then it certainly isn't the sort of thing that should be going on outside the North Stand, where to a degree we expect it.

I've had enough of the bloke. He's about 5 rows in front of me and even his own wife and kids look like they have been dragged to Portman Road at gun point. It's really awkward to watch.

Thoughts?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 527 viewsjeera

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 17:59 - Dec 27 by FifeITFC

Tell you what, as you're such a man, why don't you speak with the OP and get the details and you can speak to Gobby for him?

Shouldn't be a problem for a top man like you. Problem solved and I hope you enjoy your hospital food through a straw when the guy then pummels you.

This is today's top answer.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 22:23 - Dec 27 with 433 viewsOxford_Blue

Ask him to stop it (in a way that doesn’t make him feel humiliated).

Or if that would provoke a worse response, get a steward to deal with it. That’s their job and if it’s a family area they will.

Agree it’s unacceptable. You should stand up to him either directly or by raising the stewards’ attention.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 22:26]
Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 22:56 - Dec 27 with 420 viewsArnieM

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 14:46 - Dec 27 by warkthisway

Cowardly

Nah, just being adult about it.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 23:01 - Dec 27 with 416 viewsvapour_trail

Has anyone ever reported a fellow fan? on 22:23 - Dec 27 by Oxford_Blue

Ask him to stop it (in a way that doesn’t make him feel humiliated).

Or if that would provoke a worse response, get a steward to deal with it. That’s their job and if it’s a family area they will.

Agree it’s unacceptable. You should stand up to him either directly or by raising the stewards’ attention.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 22:26]

Reads better after the edits.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024