Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... 20:53 - Dec 21 with 5326 viewsBloots

…..he has to go, and he has to go quickly.

Act now, before we are languishing in mid table.

If we don't go up this year we will be stuck here for a long time, we'll be a 3rd Division club with no future and a £100m "debt".

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 12:19 - Dec 22 with 1308 viewsjas0999

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 21:08 - Dec 21 by jontysnut

Where are we on the managerial spectrum

Blip
Wobble
I'd take this at beginning of season
Sticky patch
Tricky spell
I've got every faith in the lads
Poor run of form
No-one's promoted before xmas
Difficult period
Bad run - there's no denying
I'm the best man for the job
We can't buy a win
The chairman's right behind me
I'm disapointed
Well be back better and stronger
We go again

Bad run - there is no denying it.

This hasn’t been helped by PLs constant chopping and changing of the team. But there is zero chance of ME sacking him as PL has done a great job getting the paying customers back through the gate. Only snag is attendance may drop if this run continues and the football doesn’t improve.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 12:29 - Dec 22 with 1292 viewsTrequartista

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:06 - Dec 22 by ArnieM

Although Bloots post has annoyed s few on here ( down arrow indicated), there is a lot of truth in what he says , unpalatable as it may be. The question is, is this also on Evans’ mind, and would this reality force him to make a move sooner rather than later to replace PL ?

Down arrow indicates simple disagreement not annoyance

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 13:24 - Dec 22 with 1281 viewstextbackup

You’ve been anti PL since he joined, so some might take your view with a pinch of salt.... however you are correct in what you say, we do only have one chance to go up, or this is us for the foreseeable

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 13:26 - Dec 22 with 1274 viewsPJH

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 13:24 - Dec 22 by textbackup

You’ve been anti PL since he joined, so some might take your view with a pinch of salt.... however you are correct in what you say, we do only have one chance to go up, or this is us for the foreseeable

That is exactly it.

Some sort of effort should have been made to keep us out of the third division but we sure as hell need to be out of it (at the top end) by next May.
Correct I have..... on 13:32 - Dec 22 with 1268 viewsBloots

….one thing anyone can say about me is that I stick to my original thoughts.

Sometimes they are wrong obviously.

Personally I wouldn't have employed him purely because of his connections with the scum, but there were many other reasons why he was, is and always will be the wrong man for the job.

Anyone that looked at his record since he left "them" could have seen that.

Frankly, I can't fooking stand the tw@t.

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 15:09 - Dec 22 with 1237 viewshaynes_toe1

Fans have to take some responsibility. Lambert took us down whilst offering us absolutely nothing other than complimenting how amazing we all were (despite awful attendances, calling our previous manager a paedo, etc).

Yet despite that so many lapped him up as some great hero. I was told we were playing much better football under Lambert. We werent, we were just keeping it on the floor a bit. The football wasnt any better.

We then went into one of our most important seasons in the clubs history (this one) - with a completely failed manager, not just in a whole half season with us on the pitch, but with naff recruitment in January and a pretty shocking record since he left Norwich to go with it.

We persevere anyway and the same people who thought we played well last season thought we were playing well at the start of this season. I maintain we werent and my post history will show I thought we played far too much long ball.

I'm not sure he should go today although I'm a little more perplexed at how he was given such a free hit and run in the first place.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 15:28 - Dec 22 with 1226 viewsTerra_Farma

Go to any mirror in your house, look closely, and then have a strong word with yourself.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 15:29 - Dec 22 with 1223 viewsOxford_Blue

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 11:55 - Dec 22 by Terry_Nutkins

Sacking Lambert whilst we are 3rd and game in hand back into auto spots won't even be 1% in Evans mind. He's done a good job this season. We're having a horrible spell but talk of sacking is frankly mental. it's laughable honestly. Obviously if the spell goes another 4-5 games then sure. But i don't see it happening.

Well said
Login to get fewer ads

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 16:04 - Dec 22 with 1205 viewsBluefish

Things you hated mick for....

7 defensive players
Hoofing
Not having shots
Not pushing for another goal
Not having direction
Moaning to the press
Picking out of form players
Not taking cups seriously
Excuses
Not picking the youths (Dozzell, El Mizouni, dobra)

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 16:17 - Dec 22 with 1198 viewsNo9

OK I sympathise with your feelings But; change the owner, how do you propose to make that happen?

Although many didn't realise it at the time the trouble began when Mr Sheepshanks got control of ITFC.
Correct I have..... on 18:36 - Dec 22 with 1173 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Correct I have..... on 13:32 - Dec 22 by Bloots

….one thing anyone can say about me is that I stick to my original thoughts.

Sometimes they are wrong obviously.

Personally I wouldn't have employed him purely because of his connections with the scum, but there were many other reasons why he was, is and always will be the wrong man for the job.

Anyone that looked at his record since he left "them" could have seen that.

Frankly, I can't fooking stand the tw@t.

So your first line....you stick to your first opinion even if proven wrong. ok. But why? Isn't it just one of those things as an adult you can change an opinion? Otherwise you'll be wrong more often then not and it's really just a sad and unfair way to be isn't it. It's obviously a trait you are aware of it so...new years resolution. Give people a bit of time and a chance to chamge your opinion?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

No, I mean that I don't retract..... on 19:09 - Dec 22 with 1157 viewsBloots

Correct I have..... on 18:36 - Dec 22 by Terry_Nutkins

So your first line....you stick to your first opinion even if proven wrong. ok. But why? Isn't it just one of those things as an adult you can change an opinion? Otherwise you'll be wrong more often then not and it's really just a sad and unfair way to be isn't it. It's obviously a trait you are aware of it so...new years resolution. Give people a bit of time and a chance to chamge your opinion?

….my original opinion.

I'm not one of those that say one thing one month and then change their mind the next month, only to change it back.

That's not really having an opinion, it's just following the herd.

When I'm wrong in my life I admit it.

I have done both times so far.

(he's had 14 months, that's enough.....bin him before it's too late)

No, I mean that I don't retract..... on 20:21 - Dec 22 with 1138 viewsPJH

No, I mean that I don't retract..... on 19:09 - Dec 22 by Bloots

….my original opinion.

I'm not one of those that say one thing one month and then change their mind the next month, only to change it back.

I changed my opinion on a footballing matter once because in the mid 1960's I despised Man U even more than I despised Naarwich because I remember being delighted when Naarwich won an F.A. Cup tie at Old Trafford.

I think by 1970 I had got the despising of those two the correct way round.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:45 - Dec 22 with 1126 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 22:46 - Dec 21 by Terry_Nutkins

The brave decision is just to back the guy. And it's only brave because fans can't handle a few bad results anymore. When did we all lose perpective and backbone.

Obviously he's got.to start posting results. We're miles off a sacking. Miles. Another 3 losses in a row might nake Evans a bit twitchy but that won't happen. We'll be in the fight come the end of the season.

3 games isn’t miles away, it’s a week Wednesday

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:46 - Dec 22 with 1124 viewsPJH

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:45 - Dec 22 by Swansea_Blue

That's a year away.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:50 - Dec 22 with 1119 viewspointofblue

And the Wycombe game is live on TV...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:50 - Dec 22 with 1119 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:46 - Dec 22 by PJH

That's a year away.

And even a decade

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:53 - Dec 22 with 1112 viewsPJH

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:50 - Dec 22 by Swansea_Blue

And even a decade

So it is.
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:56 - Dec 22 with 1103 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t mind whether he makes a brave decision or a cowardly one, I’d just like him to make a good one for a change.

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 23:51 - Dec 22 with 1065 viewstextbackup

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 16:04 - Dec 22 by Bluefish

Things you hated mick for....

7 defensive players
Hoofing
Not having shots
Not pushing for another goal
Not having direction
Moaning to the press
Picking out of form players
Not taking cups seriously
Excuses
Not picking the youths (Dozzell, El Mizouni, dobra)

Yep, no arguments there.

Maybe aside from the press one, that’s didnt bother me, as it doesn’t with PL

Oh, and I’m sure young’uns are getting game time this season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 16:07 - Dec 24 with 948 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Ffs
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 20:57 - Dec 24 with 901 viewsMillsey

Yawn
It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 08:34 - Dec 26 with 789 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Losing 3 is different though. We won't. If we did, then Evans might be twitchy.

No, I mean that I don't retract..... on 08:35 - Dec 26 with 787 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No, I mean that I don't retract..... on 19:09 - Dec 22 by Bloots

….my original opinion.

"I have done both times" was a cracking line. Whilst i disagree with your view here i'll give you that line haha.

It's time for a brave decision Evans..... on 08:40 - Dec 26 with 783 views26_Paz

Got to stick with him. Long season, everyone has wobbles. I remember plenty during the Burley years ... guess that was before melts had easy internet access!

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024