Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for those that went today... 23:20 - Dec 7 with 1747 viewshoppy

With the domination I’ve read about us having in the first half... do you think we would’ve made more of it had we started with 2 up top in the shape of Keane and Jackson, or was that domination gained from having more behind Keane as a lone striker?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Question for those that went today... on 23:26 - Dec 7 with 1719 viewsyogiblue

Whilst I would much prefer us to play two up top (ideally a 4-4-2), it was the one up top that did work with some silky football from Nolan, Dozzell and Downes in particuar that led to most of our chances.
Question for those that went today... on 23:26 - Dec 7 with 1716 viewsMrTown

I didn’t think Jackson was great when he came on to be honest, rushed and panicked on the ball, very much someone who plays off the cuff and can be subsequently hit and miss, was a miss for me today.

Think Will Keane looked good though, first half in particular. Couple of Coventry fans were saying “what the hell is Will Keane doing in League 1” and “Keane looked a class above everyone first half”

Direct quotes from Cov forum board.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Question for those that went today... on 00:07 - Dec 8 with 1648 viewsGuthrum

Not sure I'd say domination, but we definitely got better as the half progressed. Keane did pretty well up top on his own, but there were numerous times - more so in the second half - where he would win (or get a share of) a header, then there was nobody around him to capitalise. Or he would be doing work out wide, leaving no target in the box to cross for.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Question for those that went today... on 02:20 - Dec 8 with 1574 viewspointofblue

Question for those that went today... on 00:07 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Not sure I'd say domination, but we definitely got better as the half progressed. Keane did pretty well up top on his own, but there were numerous times - more so in the second half - where he would win (or get a share of) a header, then there was nobody around him to capitalise. Or he would be doing work out wide, leaving no target in the box to cross for.

With our wingers being a weak point I wonder whether we should look to play Keane, Norwood and Jackson up front together? Jackson on the right of the three, Keane on the left but all three interchanging.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Question for those that went today... on 09:31 - Dec 8 with 1437 viewsGuthrum

Question for those that went today... on 02:20 - Dec 8 by pointofblue

With our wingers being a weak point I wonder whether we should look to play Keane, Norwood and Jackson up front together? Jackson on the right of the three, Keane on the left but all three interchanging.

Possibly. Tho that may just result in having nobody to put in the cross or to chase the long ball in behind from Donacien.

We're missing Vincent-Young's dynamic activity as a wing-back.

Question for those that went today... on 09:44 - Dec 8 with 1414 viewsCaptMickMills

Jackson's pace definitely caused Coventry's defence problems. He put in one reasonable cross and one misfit cross but got in behind where others couldn't.
Jackson I think has more assists this season than anyone else and I would always play him with another striker.
Question for those that went today... on 10:38 - Dec 8 with 1343 viewsWickets

Not so sure our attacking intent could have been much better first half yesterday , many times we got 3 or 4 players in the box and should have scored that second goal. Attacking threat is not solely reliant on 1 up front or 2 .
Question for those that went today... on 10:40 - Dec 8 with 1336 viewspointofblue

Question for those that went today... on 09:31 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Possibly. Tho that may just result in having nobody to put in the cross or to chase the long ball in behind from Donacien.

We're missing Vincent-Young's dynamic activity as a wing-back.

Jackson can definitely cross the ball. Not so sure about Norwood or Keane but the latter had a decent game heading the ball on yesterday.

Login to get fewer ads

Question for those that went today... on 10:44 - Dec 8 with 1330 viewsGuthrum

Question for those that went today... on 10:40 - Dec 8 by pointofblue

Jackson can definitely cross the ball. Not so sure about Norwood or Keane but the latter had a decent game heading the ball on yesterday.

Agreed, or at least he tried to. Not his fault there was nobody to head the ball on to most of the time.

Question for those that went today... on 12:05 - Dec 8 with 1272 viewsfactual_blue

Keno is the chap to ask about domination.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Question for those that went today... on 12:56 - Dec 8 with 1221 viewspointofblue

Question for those that went today... on 10:44 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Agreed, or at least he tried to. Not his fault there was nobody to head the ball on to most of the time.

True, which is where Jackson and Norwood might help. If we go with otherwise the same outfield XI as yesterday until KVY is fit it may pay dividends, though having Skuse and Huws coming in shouldn’t hurt us.

Question for those that went today... on 13:09 - Dec 8 with 1198 viewsBluefish

Yes I absolutely do think that. Jackson looked lively when he came on a Keane had a really good 1st half. We were anywhere close as good as many are making out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Question for those that went today... on 13:44 - Dec 8 with 1154 viewsGuthrum

Question for those that went today... on 12:56 - Dec 8 by pointofblue

True, which is where Jackson and Norwood might help. If we go with otherwise the same outfield XI as yesterday until KVY is fit it may pay dividends, though having Skuse and Huws coming in shouldn’t hurt us.

One of Lambert's biggest issues is that we have some decent, creative midfield players and some decent, lively forwards, but not the space in the team to play enough of both at the same time (without getting rid of too many defenders).

Question for those that went today... on 19:15 - Dec 8 with 1050 viewshoppy

Question for those that went today... on 12:05 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

Keno is the chap to ask about domination.

Que cellar, cellar.... whatever will be will be...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Question for those that went today... on 19:18 - Dec 8 with 1042 viewsMrTown

Question for those that went today... on 13:09 - Dec 8 by Bluefish

Yes I absolutely do think that. Jackson looked lively when he came on a Keane had a really good 1st half. We were anywhere close as good as many are making out

Jackson did not look good when he came on.

He looked like he had a hot potato at his feet every time he touched it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Question for those that went today... on 19:51 - Dec 8 with 1005 viewsBluefish

Question for those that went today... on 19:18 - Dec 8 by MrTown

Jackson did not look good when he came on.

He looked like he had a hot potato at his feet every time he touched it.

He got in behind their defence on a few occasions when we were struggling to mount any sort of attacks. I thought he looked lively, tough for him when he is getting to the byline with no one in the box

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Question for those that went today... on 21:02 - Dec 8 with 956 viewsPJH

Question for those that went today... on 19:51 - Dec 8 by Bluefish

He got in behind their defence on a few occasions when we were struggling to mount any sort of attacks. I thought he looked lively, tough for him when he is getting to the byline with no one in the box

He did look lively although there were players in the box but either they were not in the right position or the cross was not to the right area(or both).

The only times we looked dangerous second half were when we got in those sort of positions and usually it was Jackson that got there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024