Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... 15:25 - Dec 3 with 7415 viewsKieran_Knows

... has been released by Colorado Rapids.

https://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2019/11/21/colorado-rapids-announce-roster-m

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:48 - Dec 3 with 4784 viewsBent_double

What are we waiting for...sign him up!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:49 - Dec 3 with 4777 viewsitfcjoe

Sign him up!

(This looks permanent, but US squads are so strange with regards to release and resigning that there may be way more to it)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:50 - Dec 3 with 4757 viewsArnieM

So him training at Town a week or so ago was pure coincidence- not !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:54 - Dec 3 with 4737 viewsitfcjoe

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:50 - Dec 3 by ArnieM

He lives in Ipswich, 5-10 minutes from the training ground, and still has lots of friends there.

Keeping fit in the close season is fairly normal, footballers always train with local clubs - him signing here would be preferable for him now he is back but training here means nothing

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:55 - Dec 3 with 4723 viewsKieran_Knows

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:49 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Sign him up!

(This looks permanent, but US squads are so strange with regards to release and resigning that there may be way more to it)

Lambert couldn't stop banging on about about a left footed centre half last year either ....

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:57 - Dec 3 with 4708 viewsBiGDonnie

Him and Woolfie at the back.

That'd do in the Championship too I think...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:58 - Dec 3 with 4705 viewsRadlett_blue

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:49 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Sign him up!

Sounds as if he has actually been let go. I would want to know why before signing him, but he could hardly be worse back-up than Toto.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:58 - Dec 3 with 4706 viewshomer_123

Love Tommy but with Wilson and Donacien...not sure Smith is needed.

EDIT: caveat - maybe longer term a Chambo replacement?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 15:59]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:00 - Dec 3 with 4693 viewsitfcjoe

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:55 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

Lambert couldn't stop banging on about about a left footed centre half last year either ....

It brings great balance, but with Wilson signed for 18 months doubt there is room

FS, LAMBERT! on 16:01 - Dec 3 with 4673 viewsDyland

QUICK QUICK QUICK!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:02 - Dec 3 with 4670 viewsKieran_Knows

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:00 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

It brings great balance, but with Wilson signed for 18 months doubt there is room

Perhaps room to see Nsiala leave? Again, another one we might actually recoup a bit of money on?

"...recoup a bit of money on" on 16:03 - Dec 3 with 4661 viewsDyland

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:02 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

Perhaps room to see Nsiala leave? Again, another one we might actually recoup a bit of money on?

lol

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:06 - Dec 3 with 4645 viewsitfcjoe

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:02 - Dec 3 by Kieran_Knows

He's probably on a hefty contract for a player who is likely to not get out of L1, we'd struggle to give him away

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 4519 viewsScottCandage

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:58 - Dec 3 by Radlett_blue

Sounds as if he has actually been let go. I would want to know why before signing him, but he could hardly be worse back-up than Toto.

Yes, this has been coming. Recently, Colorado permanently signed Tommy's defensive partner from last year (who had been on loan last year), and also signed another up and coming defender. I could tell the writing was on the wall.

I think we could do a lot worse for someone for cover in the back.
Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:33 - Dec 3 with 4507 viewschicoazul

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 15:50 - Dec 3 by ArnieM

Training with Colchester at the moment apparently. I dont think we need him do we..? Especially with Wilson signed up.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Need? Dunno. Want? Yes. on 16:35 - Dec 3 with 4495 viewsDyland

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:33 - Dec 3 by chicoazul

Training with Colchester at the moment apparently. I dont think we need him do we..? Especially with Wilson signed up.

suq

nmft

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:39 - Dec 3 with 4462 viewsJ2BLUE

He might not be 'needed' but he'd certainly be welcome if we could get him for a reasonable wage.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:39 - Dec 3 with 4473 viewsPhilTWTD

That's a surprise as he was confident a new contract was close to being agreed a month ago.

Smith Training at Playford Road - But Only to Stay Fit 2nd Nov 2019 20:09
Former Town defender Tommy Smith has revealed he has been back training at Playford Road this week, however not with a view to rejoining the Blues. 17

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:40 - Dec 3 with 4457 viewsDyland

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:39 - Dec 3 by PhilTWTD

That's a surprise as he was confident a new contract was close to being agreed a month ago.

Smith Training at Playford Road - But Only to Stay Fit 2nd Nov 2019 20:09
Former Town defender Tommy Smith has revealed he has been back training at Playford Road this week, however not with a view to rejoining the Blues. 17

He just didn't want to tell you the truth cos he knows what a sneaky journalist you are.

Need? Dunno. Want? Yes. on 16:41 - Dec 3 with 4449 viewschicoazul

Need? Dunno. Want? Yes. on 16:35 - Dec 3 by Dyland

suq

nmft

Don't get me wrong id like him here, but not at the expense of Woolf for instance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:42 - Dec 3 with 4458 viewsPhilTWTD

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:40 - Dec 3 by Dyland

He just didn't want to tell you the truth cos he knows what a sneaky journalist you are.

Ha! Be interesting to see where he ends up. I think there were concerns that he might not be up to the rigours of two-games-a-week Championship football when he moved on but he said he had had no problems at all while he was in the States and reckoned he'd be fine if he came back at some point.
Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:45 - Dec 3 with 4421 viewsPJH

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:42 - Dec 3 by PhilTWTD

Ha! Be interesting to see where he ends up. I think there were concerns that he might not be up to the rigours of two-games-a-week Championship football when he moved on but he said he had had no problems at all while he was in the States and reckoned he'd be fine if he came back at some point.

Pity we are in League One then.
Need? Dunno. Want? Yes. on 16:46 - Dec 3 with 4420 viewsDyland

Need? Dunno. Want? Yes. on 16:41 - Dec 3 by chicoazul

Don't get me wrong id like him here, but not at the expense of Woolf for instance.

I get that, but....

Woolf will replace Chambers over the course of the next couple of seasons as we do a double promotion, with Tommy coming in on the left of the two centre halves. When we qualify for the Champions' Leagues we will have a team of Tommy Smiths, but that's some time in the future.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:48 - Dec 3 with 4409 viewsWestcountryblue

Would walk into our side.

A step up from Wilson and Donacien.

Smith and Woolfenden would be a strong combo at this level.
Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:50 - Dec 3 with 4398 viewsPhilTWTD

Haven't seen it mentioned, but looks like Tommy Smith... on 16:45 - Dec 3 by PJH

Pity we are in League One then.

From the fitness concerns angle I'm not sure there's too much difference between the two. I don't really see that we'd have room for him at the moment unless someone were to move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024