Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. 16:22 - Nov 28 with 5587 viewshampstead_blue

12% of income tax comes from 0.01% of the population. 31,000.
Corbyn thinks they will all happily stay and not flee the country.
He's wrong. Many will leave and as such his shortfall will be rather large. This cannot be 'fact checked' but if you can afford the professionals to do it then you would.
It's not beyond the will of man to get yourself set-up in another more favourable regime.
His tax forecasts would be dust = more borrowing.

A pensioner, has a modest pension, state pension, and enjoys income of £2k pa from dividends. Total income 14k.
Currently they pay £9 pa in tax. Under Corbyn it rises by £400.

He wants to ask the Special Forces to 'arrest if possible' terrorists. What does that really mean? Well, he'll put every member of the forces who shoots someone on trial to prove they had no other choice but to shoot to kill.

When talking about national security he failed to mention the words "Islamic extremism".
Do you think he's scared of losing their vote? That's the vote were a senior member of the family/community ticks the Labour box for all those postal votes. He's got form of working with people convicted of that crime....

Nationalisation.
Paid for by replacing equity with Gov bonds. Plus you get the chance for capital growth.
BT shares currently yield 8% or thereabouts. Zero capital growth but it is eroded by inflation if that exceeds the yield.
Gov Bonds yield 0.7%
Investors are nigh on guaranteed NOT to get fair price for the stock.

WASPIE women.
AN conceded to Corbyn the argument that it is wrong to manage this in the way it was.
He still refused to tell us how it would be funded until AN practically grabbed his tie!

Let's all go crazy and vote for life under a rock.

P.S: I know the Tories aren't the cleanest and mess-up often, but I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this.

Oh, and the more he smiled at AN the harder AN pressed him.
You can tell us that AN is a Tory, I don't think that would matter tbh. He loves an interview and for years gave Abbot an easy time on his daytime politics show.

Just sayin......

Feel much better after a good sleep and no hangover.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 16:23]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 897 viewsJ2BLUE

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 18:12 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

The Sunday Times ran a piece discussing the biggest yielding stocks. BT's was given as one of the highest at 8%.

BT last 5 years:

6.9%
6.8%
4.8%
3.2%
2.8%

My point stands that you are not going to find a company paying 8% each year and average dividend income will be more like 4-5% rather than 8%. Which makes your £25,000 insufficient. I can see why you inflated it because you want things to look as bad as possible. The correct figure is £40,000-£50,000. Even if you could find one share paying 8% per year (very much doubt you will), very few pensioners will have their entire portfolio in one stock because of situations like Tesco a few years ago when a reasonable dividend went to zero while they sorted their problems out.

£25,000 is simply wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:09 - Nov 28 with 898 viewshampstead_blue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 18:48 - Nov 28 by longtimefan

£25K is modest if it’s your pension ie. SIPP

AN's example gives income from;

State pension
Private/Employer pension
Savings and investments.

The £2k income was from investments and treated as income, as divi's are.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:16 - Nov 28 with 883 viewsHerbivore

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:06 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

Bullux

My OP is from the AN interview.

Which bit of the AN interview was this from?

"he'll put every member of the forces who shoots someone on trial to prove they had no other choice but to shoot to kill."

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:22 - Nov 28 with 867 viewsSwansea_Blue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 18:50 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

I agree that a no-deal Brexit would be a nightmare, but not sure I follow your statement that: “At least with Labour we’d be benefiting from the increased public spending whereas in a no deal Brexit the money would disappear without delivering much of extra value to any of us.”

Where do you think the money would go? Presumably it would be used by the Tories to prop up British industry etc? I don’t think it’s fair to suggest it would disappear- it has to go somewhere. Haven’t read anything into this in detail, so more of a question than anything else. Is there a report which accounts for where the Tory spending would go?

I haven’t seen the details behind those graphs, but I assume it would be the same as with the recession - growth would be hit and tax take (income) would fall, yet the public services costs are largely fixed, so they’d need to borrow to cover the gap. More public spending to sustain current levels of service, which are planned to be much more modest under the Tories.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:41 - Nov 28 with 841 viewsEwan_Oozami

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 17:40 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

A British spy!
From your link.

"The man once described by a senior Irish detective as "the most important intelligence agent in the history of the Irish State" helped foil a plot to kill the Prince and Princess of Wales in the 1980s.

Last night a Conservative MP, Mr Andrew Hunter, chairman of the committee, described Mr O'Callaghan as a former member of the "upper-echelons of the IRA high command". He believes he can give a crucial insight into the views of the IRA."

JC@s mates deny being in the IRA. Have you seen the BBC doc about the troubles?
Pics of McGuiness with a hand gun, checking out a car bomb...Tape of one of Adam's IRA staff talking about conversations with him on IRA matters.....Interviews with former HEad of IRA Int confirming Adams was a member, the Leader FGS!

Over to you.

Everyone who was politically aware during the 1970s and 1980s knew that Adams and McGuinness were senior IRA figures - Corbyn associated with them publicly to try and end the Troubles, the British Government did the same covertly, and for the same reason.

Many commentators saw Corbyn's actions as anti-British and anti-Army, but they were not illegal.

The problem now is that few people under the age of 40 have any understanding of the Troubles and what they signified to people in Ireland or Britain, and especially how they affected the serving British Army troops.

The history they see has been coloured mainly through what's happened after the Good Friday Agreement and what happened to the Guildford Four and the Birmingham Six and so don't quite fully understand the impact of Brexit on Britain's relationship with Ireland, or how the IRA is still vilified by the Right and many in the Army - the Grand Hotel bombing and other atrocities where British soldiers and civilians were murdered (yep, quite happy to use those words) are the distant past for them.

If we as a country want to keep alive those old feelings by continually bringing up things like Corbyn's relationship with IRA members (not talking about other terrorists here, that would be whataboutery), we end up with the real moral and ethical vacuum that is Boris Johnson and today's Tory party...

Edit: just realised I misspelt "publicly" - what the hell is going on?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 22:20]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:52 - Nov 28 with 825 viewsEwan_Oozami

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:02 - Nov 28 by longtimefan

Well it is in this case as the whole discussion was framed around share dividends being taxed.

If the dividends on shares in a SIPP are reinvested in the SIPP (as I believe is the case with most SIPPs), then no tax will be payable on those dividends as far as I'm aware.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:55 - Nov 28 with 819 viewshampstead_blue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:08 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

BT last 5 years:

6.9%
6.8%
4.8%
3.2%
2.8%

My point stands that you are not going to find a company paying 8% each year and average dividend income will be more like 4-5% rather than 8%. Which makes your £25,000 insufficient. I can see why you inflated it because you want things to look as bad as possible. The correct figure is £40,000-£50,000. Even if you could find one share paying 8% per year (very much doubt you will), very few pensioners will have their entire portfolio in one stock because of situations like Tesco a few years ago when a reasonable dividend went to zero while they sorted their problems out.

£25,000 is simply wrong.

it was extrapolated from the figure from the Sunday Times.

Granted I don't have time to fact check everything I read.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 20:02]

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:02 - Nov 28 with 811 viewshampstead_blue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:16 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

Which bit of the AN interview was this from?

"he'll put every member of the forces who shoots someone on trial to prove they had no other choice but to shoot to kill."

Re-read my post about that and you ought to be able to see the point.

If the Rules of Engagement state "Arrest if at all possible" and you shoot them, then you will no doubt be held to account. Now, using video evidence, we know that JC hates the Armed Forces - I quote a particular vile video of him, and you will get the conclusion I have.

If you break the rules of engagement, he will seek firm evidence that you had no choice. Now, in the few seconds it takes to make that decision should you be gathering evidence, maybe ask the nutter to sign a statement of intent?

No, JC will have the Forces by the nuts and will hammer them..

The end would be that none of the Forces feel safe in killing anyone, even when by current rules they can, and the bad guys will run around saying "arrest me, please arrest me" whilst their mates ambush soldiers who attempt to prosecute JC's order.

Sometimes snowflake, you have to kill someone. Better dead because that's what they want.

Login to get fewer ads

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:07 - Nov 28 with 796 viewsnoggin

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:02 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

If the Rules of Engagement state "Arrest if at all possible" and you shoot them, then you will no doubt be held to account. Now, using video evidence, we know that JC hates the Armed Forces - I quote a particular vile video of him, and you will get the conclusion I have.

If you break the rules of engagement, he will seek firm evidence that you had no choice. Now, in the few seconds it takes to make that decision should you be gathering evidence, maybe ask the nutter to sign a statement of intent?

The end would be that none of the Forces feel safe in killing anyone, even when by current rules they can, and the bad guys will run around saying "arrest me, please arrest me" whilst their mates ambush soldiers who attempt to prosecute JC's order.

Sometimes snowflake, you have to kill someone. Better dead because that's what they want.

What, like Bloody Sunday?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 784 viewsHerbivore

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:02 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

You're just making stuff up. Again.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:13 - Nov 28 with 779 viewsHerbivore

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 19:55 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

it was extrapolated from the figure from the Sunday Times.

Granted I don't have time to fact check everything I read.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 20:02]

We'd never have guessed.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 20:38 - Nov 28 with 766 viewsbournemouthblue

How much of that 0.01% have taken themselves out of our tax system altogether?

I wonder what percentage of that 0.01% pay tax at all?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 22:25 - Nov 28 with 738 viewsmrshallisfit

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:35 - Nov 28 by usm

Brexit will be a p1ss in the ocean compared to Corbyn

Not according to the IFS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024