Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some fans saying we weren't good enough 23:05 - Nov 26 with 1485 viewskizaitfc

We were playing against the team top of the league and they were set up to defend any team in this league would have struggled to score. However we did and should have had a penalty in the first half. Norwood and Chambers should have stuck there headers in the back of the net too.

Fans that think we are going to just rollover every team when they come to PR need to grow up and realise we finished bottom of the Championship and were relegated by the end of February. This is not going to be easy!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:09 - Nov 26 with 1442 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Nobody is saying we are going to rollover every team though are they.

We had 0 shots on target in 90 minutes at home. Wycombe do what they do very well, but we were absolutely crap, Lambert is being found out as the average manager he is.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:12 - Nov 26 with 1425 viewskizaitfc

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:09 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

We had 0 shots on target in 90 minutes at home. Wycombe do what they do very well, but we were absolutely crap, Lambert is being found out as the average manager he is.

May have had 0 shots on target but if the ref does his job we win that game 2-0.

Norwood also had the best chance of the game. 0 shots on target doesn't mean you are a poor team.

We are 2nd with 2 games in hand so PL is clearly doing something right.

What else do you want?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:32 - Nov 26 with 1373 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:12 - Nov 26 by kizaitfc

May have had 0 shots on target but if the ref does his job we win that game 2-0.

Norwood also had the best chance of the game. 0 shots on target doesn't mean you are a poor team.

We are 2nd with 2 games in hand so PL is clearly doing something right.

What else do you want?

A clear style of play
A best 11
not hoof after hoof.

Every time under Mick when we had 0 shots on target, people used that stick to beat him, why can't we use it on Lambert.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:39 - Nov 26 with 1343 viewskizaitfc

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:32 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

A clear style of play
A best 11
not hoof after hoof.

Every time under Mick when we had 0 shots on target, people used that stick to beat him, why can't we use it on Lambert.

We are 2nd!

PL is doing something right!

MM had us mediocre mid table.

We aren't the Ipswich of old that isn't PLs fault

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:41 - Nov 26 with 1333 viewspointofblue

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:39 - Nov 26 by kizaitfc

We are 2nd!

Though, to be fair, MM had us mediocre mid table in a higher division.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 00:04 - Nov 27 with 1293 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We are 2nd!

Mid table in the league above.. you are aware of that

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 00:21 - Nov 27 with 1261 viewsunstableblue

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:32 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

A clear style of play
A best 11
not hoof after hoof.

There is zero comparison to the dross games at PR we endured under Mick.

Was it 17 shots tonight, 7 blocked, 65% possession? Plus an evening of excitement.

Question Lambert on why Edwards’s over Judge, and why only 10 mins for subs. But his team is trying to play and play forward.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 00:42 - Nov 27 with 1236 viewskizaitfc

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 00:04 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Mid table in the league above.. you are aware of that

We had a stronger side then.

PL doesn't have players like Webster, Mcgoldrick and Waghorn.

That isn't his fault.

Login to get fewer ads

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 06:27 - Nov 27 with 1145 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 00:21 - Nov 27 by unstableblue

There is zero comparison to the dross games at PR we endured under Mick.

Was it 17 shots tonight, 7 blocked, 65% possession? Plus an evening of excitement.

Question Lambert on why Edwards’s over Judge, and why only 10 mins for subs. But his team is trying to play and play forward.

Ahahahahahahaha

‘An evening of excitement’...we just drew nil nil at home to Wycombe in the third division

These really are the days eh?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 6:28]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:16 - Nov 27 with 975 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 00:42 - Nov 27 by kizaitfc

We had a stronger side then.

PL doesn't have players like Webster, Mcgoldrick and Waghorn.

That isn't his fault.

Again though Mick had those player in the championship.

Lambert has the best midfield in this league and one of the best attacks. Defence has been good this season as well. But we still aren't playing well. I am happy with the league position, but this will only get you so far and eventually the 1-0 wins will dry up.

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:35 - Nov 27 with 930 viewsGeoffSentence

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 23:09 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

Shots on target can be pretty misleading. You could hit the woodwork a number of times and end up with 0 shots on target.

You could could continually loft gentle balls into the keepers arms and have a shed load of shots on target.

As for last night, we did have a shot on target, the ref ballsed up big time and disallowed it. We also had a couple of dangerous ones that skimmed wide.

Wycombe on the other hand had a penalty they shouldnt have have had, a gentle shot into Holy's arms and one that Holy saved with his legs.

Despite the shots on target stat, we were more threatening than them last night, not threatening enough by half, but the SoT figures dont give a true reflection.

Edit: Actually I recall a shot cleared from off the line, or just in front of it towards the end of the game so I am not sure that the figures are even correct.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 9:36]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:39 - Nov 27 with 920 viewsGeoffSentence

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 06:27 - Nov 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahahahahahahaha

‘An evening of excitement’...we just drew nil nil at home to Wycombe in the third division

It was a pretty edge of the seat game though. It's not like we were trying to stifle bottom of the team opposition at home and hope to snatch a winner.

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:50 - Nov 27 with 911 views44_not_out

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 06:27 - Nov 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ahahahahahahaha

Ref aside....
Was it exciting and was I on the edge of my seat at times - yes
Was the atmosphere good - yes
Did we try to go for the win - yes
If the opposition and league we’re in is your yard stick, then I suggest a subscription to BT Sport for the Champions League is your best option.

We’re one of the highest scorers in the EFL, we’ve conceded the fewest goals in the EFL. Crowds are up, 2nd in the league (2 games in hand) young players coming through and a manager who appears passionate about the club.

Yes, I was frustrated at the end last night but I still enjoyed it.

You enjoy your moaning but I guess you’re one of those who is never happy.

PS - you’re not Dan from the Radio Suffolk phone in by any chance?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 10:06]
Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:57 - Nov 27 with 888 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:35 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

Shots on target can be pretty misleading. You could hit the woodwork a number of times and end up with 0 shots on target.

You could could continually loft gentle balls into the keepers arms and have a shed load of shots on target.

As for last night, we did have a shot on target, the ref ballsed up big time and disallowed it. We also had a couple of dangerous ones that skimmed wide.

Wycombe on the other hand had a penalty they shouldnt have have had, a gentle shot into Holy's arms and one that Holy saved with his legs.

Despite the shots on target stat, we were more threatening than them last night, not threatening enough by half, but the SoT figures dont give a true reflection.

Edit: Actually I recall a shot cleared from off the line, or just in front of it towards the end of the game so I am not sure that the figures are even correct.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 9:36]

Correct according to BBC Sport. Agree with your point in the most part. But the fact was the penalty wasn't given and the goal didn't count.

If I saw a rip roaring performance I wouldn't be moaning at all, but it was flat from us and disappointing, the shots on target stat does back that up whether we had a bad ref or not in my opinion. I expected more.

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 822 viewsGeoffSentence

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 09:57 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Correct according to BBC Sport. Agree with your point in the most part. But the fact was the penalty wasn't given and the goal didn't count.

If I saw a rip roaring performance I wouldn't be moaning at all, but it was flat from us and disappointing, the shots on target stat does back that up whether we had a bad ref or not in my opinion. I expected more.

Yeah, I am not saying that you were incorrect, I saw the figures on BBC Sport, but I am not sure they have it right since there was a goal line clearance.

But anyway the point is people get hung up on SoT but it isnt always a true reflection of the game. Last night we had 17 shots (at least - see the BBC caveat) some were high and wide but there were plenty of close ones, the ones that make you go oooooh and aaaaaahhhh.

It was an entertaining, edge of the seat game despite what you might think from BBCs 0 shots on targets number.

Some fans saying we weren't good enough on 10:11 - Nov 27 with 821 viewsHerbivore

We are 2nd!

We're 2nd in the 3rd division, let's not get a stiffy over our league position.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024