Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was shocking. 22:45 - Nov 26 with 6158 viewsMrTown

No composure, no creativity, no invention. Nobody wants the ball, nobody shows for the ball, nobody makes clever runs off the ball. Really really bad football side.

Long ball route 1 hoof sh*te once again.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 23:43]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We are a shocking football side. on 08:19 - Nov 27 with 1189 viewsitfcjoe

We are a shocking football side. on 22:52 - Nov 26 by judespiveyg

Disagree, we were unlucky not to win, played some nice stuff without creating too many clear chances. Teams set up ridiculously defensively against us so not always easy to break down. You are right that not everyone runs off the ball well enough, particularly Skuse.

We can't say teams set up very defensively when we have 3 CBs and Cole Skuse sitting in front of them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are a shocking football side. on 08:21 - Nov 27 with 1187 viewschicoazul

We are a shocking football side. on 22:53 - Nov 26 by MrTown

He has been here over 12 months now. Has he built a style of play? On tonight’s evidence he may have but it’s just a poor mans Mick McCarthy.

He doesnt care about that at the moment. He cares about keeping everyone fit and happy and winning games via the odd moment of quality. He tried a pattern last year; it didnt work.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We are a shocking football side. on 08:22 - Nov 27 with 1184 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 00:06 - Nov 27 by blueconscience

You get what you pay for!!!

This is true. This is very true.

We are a shocking football side. on 08:22 - Nov 27 with 1184 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 06:15 - Nov 27 by MancBlue86

You’re a sad f**k who know s**t all about football. Fan? Laughable mate

Calm down darling, it’s just an opinion.

We are a shocking football side. on 08:25 - Nov 27 with 1180 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 06:22 - Nov 27 by Deano69

Behave yourself.

In the few moments the ball was in play between dozens of free kicks and time wasting, we passed and played pretty decently. No, the finished article we are not, but we are more than capable at this level.

Both Wycombe and The Ref done a number on us, naivety against an anti-footballing side, yes I would agree to that.

I think you can generally apply tonight’s game to most this season. We’ve hardly been great at all, just other teams are far worse.

We are a shocking football side. on 09:40 - Nov 27 with 1142 viewsArnieM

We are a shocking football side. on 08:22 - Nov 27 by MrTown

Calm down darling, it’s just an opinion.

You appear to be very camp, “ darling”!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We are a shocking football side. on 09:40 - Nov 27 with 1143 viewsflimflam

We are a shocking football side. on 22:58 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

What utter rubbish...

That was a tough game against a difficult opposition, who made it very hard to play.

We still managed 65% possession. And whilst I agree we struggled at times we had passages of play that had real merit, and there was movement. Blackpool game some of our play was excellent.

And do you know what I left entertained by the amount of incident and endeavour.

Too many posters tonight not looking at the bigger picture. This league is hard; and we're still in touch with top spot.

"No composure, no creativity, no invention." that was what we endured for a number of seasons of late.

I left saying that was probably one of the more exciting 0 - 0 I have seen but my view is we cannot play against teams like them who break up play, buy free kicks, always in the refs ear and are basically organised and street wise.

Rotherham are similar and done a job on us also.

The few times we got the ball down and moved it quickly out wide we made them look terrible but we got involved in a battle which is not our game.

They got what they came for and almost fluked a win so a very good point from their perspective as are quite an awful team but play to their strengths very well.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

We are a shocking football side. on 18:21 - Nov 27 with 1108 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 09:40 - Nov 27 by ArnieM

You appear to be very camp, “ darling”!

You haven’t got an issue with this have you?

Login to get fewer ads

We are a shocking football side. on 18:27 - Nov 27 with 1100 viewsbackwaywhen

We are a shocking football side. on 23:05 - Nov 26 by MrTown

Calm down sweetheart...

Let’s look at the bigger picture, the bigger picture is we aren’t that good at all, we are fortunate that most other teams are even worse.

Would be pointless moving up to the Championship though.

Could be worse ... we could be supporting Sunderland !
We are a shocking football side. on 19:31 - Nov 27 with 1069 viewsMattinLondon

We’re a L1 team with L1 players so it’s hardly surprising that what is on offer isn’t top drawer stuff. Saying that I do think that we are far too defensively minded with almost zero creativity in the middle (last nights performance). But we are second with two games in hand - second without even playing especially fluid for an entire 90 mins.

I’m hoping that Lambert will realise that the standard, in this league is poor, and that he plays more attacking football.

I will say that a lot of teams seem to almost park the bus when they play us which makes things very difficult. Burleys teams faced a similar problem and, despite being much much better than the current team, at times couldn’t really breakdown more physical sides.
We are a shocking football side. on 20:05 - Nov 27 with 1051 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wycombe have conceded 1 goal in their last 7 league matches with 5 clean sheets in a row.

We had at least 2 very good chances (including one which should have stood as a goal).

Not sure what the OP was expecting from us but the highlights did not appear as if we were as described.

Disappointing to only get 2 points from 2 home games but far from a disaster against 2 sides in the top 6 on cracking form. Whether we go up will depend far more on whether we win the majority of the games against the lower sides.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We are a shocking football side. on 20:37 - Nov 27 with 1037 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 18:27 - Nov 27 by backwaywhen

Could be worse ... we could be supporting Sunderland !

weren’t they tipped once again to win the title as well.

We are a shocking football side. on 19:11 - Nov 28 with 929 viewsstrikalite

I want to give you an uppy but I want to believe that it isn't true...
We are a shocking football side. on 19:26 - Nov 28 with 921 viewsDarth_Koont

"Shocking" is well OTT.

I'd say we're a side that is stuttering and needing a pattern of play, but that's enough to put us at the top of the table.

The issue for me is that we need to raise our game to a) actually make sure of promotion, b) develop a more solid and better functioning team to provide the right opportunity for the younger talent and c) to have a proper go at the Championship and not just be fighting to stay up.

I think Lambert's still got a fair bit to do and prove about his long-term development of the team.

Pronouns: He/Him

We are a shocking football side. on 19:32 - Nov 28 with 909 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can I substitute the word shocking for characterless? It’s almost impossible to define us at the moment. If someone who hadn’t seen us this season asked me to describe how we play in one sentence I’d struggle.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024