Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. 06:39 - Nov 20 with 4300 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 13:23 - Nov 20 with 658 viewsbritbiker

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 12:10 - Nov 20 by nrb1985

Agree, outrageous YET ANOTHER english club would give him a job.

I mean, what did he ever do at Chelsea for example?

A chelsea team at a time he had an open cheque book which only Utd of old had witnessed. Finances don't always guarantee success but at the level he was able to spend there was effectively only a couple of clubs that had any realistic chance to top him.
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 13:56 - Nov 20 with 635 viewsNo9

It just goes to show that even someone who is considered a top manager can be bagged.
Who know's if the 'special one' will do any better?
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 14:05 - Nov 20 with 629 viewsnrb1985

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 13:23 - Nov 20 by britbiker

A chelsea team at a time he had an open cheque book which only Utd of old had witnessed. Finances don't always guarantee success but at the level he was able to spend there was effectively only a couple of clubs that had any realistic chance to top him.

To be fair that's half the story, maybe not even that.

He built a squad and a mentality that sustained Chelsea for about 10 years, long after he'd gone. A lot of the team that won the CL in 2012 were Mourinho's players.

He also won the league and the league cup for them second time around too when lots of people had cash to burn.
Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:23 - Nov 20 with 580 viewscaught-in-limbo

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:54 - Nov 20 by Kieran_Knows

Brilliant appointment in what respect? If they get the Mourinho from Chelsea (first time around) and Inter Milan, they could be laughing, however the recent Mourinho and I'm sure they'll turn on him very quickly.

I predict an exodus of players in the next couple of seasons (Eriksen to go next summer anyway), plus Kane leaving for Real or Barcelona as Benzema and Suarez can't go on forever.

I've never seen Kane play out of an England shirt but is he actually any good at much other than earning and taking penalties? Has he actually got enough for RMD or BCN to really be interested?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:29 - Nov 20 with 572 viewsJ2BLUE

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:23 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

I've never seen Kane play out of an England shirt but is he actually any good at much other than earning and taking penalties? Has he actually got enough for RMD or BCN to really be interested?

He's more than good enough but I can't see those clubs signing him. He's an interesting one. Can't imagine him going abroad and can't see Spurs selling him to a Premier League rival. Would be interesting to see when his contract runs out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:32 - Nov 20 with 566 viewsvapour_trail

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 08:41 - Nov 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Brilliant appointment.

Happy he is back in the Prem.

Happy he is back in the prem.

Who fcking cares.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:33 - Nov 20 with 564 viewscaught-in-limbo

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:29 - Nov 20 by J2BLUE

He's more than good enough but I can't see those clubs signing him. He's an interesting one. Can't imagine him going abroad and can't see Spurs selling him to a Premier League rival. Would be interesting to see when his contract runs out.

Are you saying that if he doesn't stay at Spurs he'll mostly likely go to Norwich?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:34 - Nov 20 with 556 viewsJ2BLUE

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:33 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

Are you saying that if he doesn't stay at Spurs he'll mostly likely go to Norwich?

He's been there on loan. I think it's on their honours list somewhere.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:35 - Nov 20 with 555 viewsclive_baker

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:23 - Nov 20 by caught-in-limbo

Yes, he's the real deal.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 17:38 - Nov 20 with 546 viewsRadlett_blue

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 09:24 - Nov 20 by davblue

He needs to learn and adapt, what worked for him 10 years ago has started to look dated and he's got grumpier, doesn't seem to be able to get players on side anymore which was his strength at Chelsea first time around.

On Paper it doesn't look the right fit but if he's willing to adapt and change the way he manages, he can still be a top manager. I have my doubts, the sign of a good manager who has longevity is moving with the times, Jose hasn't shown he can do that so far.

3 Leagues won in 9 years isn't bad but early Jose, won leagues consistently.

Him and Levy, i can't see getting on, Jose will blow his top with him.

I think Mourinho is a busted flush. His style of play isn't very attractive and it depends what Spurs's time horizons might be. In the short term, he may give them a lift but it's hard to see them playing attractive football or winning much. He hasn't won a League in 7 years & Spurs haven't for over 50 years so maybe it's a good fit.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 19:26 - Nov 20 with 514 viewsbritbiker

Jose confirmed as Spurs manager. on 14:05 - Nov 20 by nrb1985

To be fair that's half the story, maybe not even that.

He built a squad and a mentality that sustained Chelsea for about 10 years, long after he'd gone. A lot of the team that won the CL in 2012 were Mourinho's players.

He also won the league and the league cup for them second time around too when lots of people had cash to burn.

I not saying he isn't/wasn't a very good manager. Just would have preferred someone like Dyche to have had a chance. Someone who has had to do a job with limited budget. Was never going to happen but would love to see Jose at a small club just to see how good he now is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024