Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? 18:49 - Nov 18 with 4968 viewsHipsterectomy

Or do we like Mick again?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 22:11 - Nov 18 with 1595 viewsVaughan8

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 21:48 - Nov 18 by ElderGrizzly

7 goals in this group. 7...

That’s why they aren’t top 2

Wow. I knew they only beat Gibraltar at home 2-0 and one goal in the last minute, but 7 goals in 8 games is quite bad especially as 2 games were against them.

Just shows the tactics used. This Ireland team isn't great so can't really blame Mick but the lack of attacking intent even against minnow teams shows here.

I hope they qualify though. Presumably they're in some sort of playoff now?
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 22:11 - Nov 18 with 1595 viewsvapour_trail

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 22:07 - Nov 18 by Ftnfwest

It’s a good point but predominantly it’s boris Johnson’s fault. There’ll be an article along shortly to prove it.

*pats the simpleton on the head*

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 22:12 - Nov 18 with 1593 viewsvapour_trail

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 22:11 - Nov 18 by Vaughan8

Wow. I knew they only beat Gibraltar at home 2-0 and one goal in the last minute, but 7 goals in 8 games is quite bad especially as 2 games were against them.

Just shows the tactics used. This Ireland team isn't great so can't really blame Mick but the lack of attacking intent even against minnow teams shows here.

I hope they qualify though. Presumably they're in some sort of playoff now?

Yes. Two rounds of play offs though, one game in each I think, not quite got my head around how it works and who they might have.

And not until the spring for some reason.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 00:02 - Nov 19 with 1542 viewsBlueBadger

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 21:54 - Nov 18 by Ely_Blue

If only in a must win game MM picked a team that wanted to win the game!

I mean 1 slow striker up top who has the sum total of 1 goal for his country in a must win game, they deserve everything they get, MM should be careful what he wishes for lol

Be fair, look at the pool of players he's drawing from. He's had to call up Alan Judge, FFS. Even getting within sniffing distance is an achievement.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 0:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 00:16 - Nov 19 with 1533 viewsStNeotsBlue

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 00:02 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

Be fair, look at the pool of players he's drawing from. He's had to call up Alan Judge, FFS. Even getting within sniffing distance is an achievement.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 0:16]

I was a never a MMc hater but he has a shocking record in one off must win games at both club and international level.
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 00:38 - Nov 19 with 1523 viewsBlueBadger

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 00:16 - Nov 19 by StNeotsBlue

I was a never a MMc hater but he has a shocking record in one off must win games at both club and international level.

Ireland are still in the playoffs. With a squad that includes Alan Judge. Fair play.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 01:04 - Nov 19 with 1510 viewsStNeotsBlue

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 00:38 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

Ireland are still in the playoffs. With a squad that includes Alan Judge. Fair play.

Do you really fancy a MMc team in a play off game, history is against you. Judge hasn't been amazing for us this season, possibly due to reasons off the field but your man MMc clearly rates him. Not sure why you feel the need to dig out a Town player specifically in an average Ireland side.
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 02:40 - Nov 19 with 1485 viewsBlueBadger

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 01:04 - Nov 19 by StNeotsBlue

Do you really fancy a MMc team in a play off game, history is against you. Judge hasn't been amazing for us this season, possibly due to reasons off the field but your man MMc clearly rates him. Not sure why you feel the need to dig out a Town player specifically in an average Ireland side.

I both pity and salute any international manager who's reduced to picking our(third division) players to make up a squad and can still be in with a shout of qualifying for a tournament.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 2:41]

Login to get fewer ads

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 06:19 - Nov 19 with 1441 viewstextbackup

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 22:08 - Nov 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No it’s not, scoring more goals against Gibraltar and Georgia would have made no difference

They’re not top 2 because they failed to win tonight, where a clean sheet and scoring one (as they did) would have seen them finish second

Let’s not forget the massive point away at Georg!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 06:25 - Nov 19 with 1441 viewstextbackup

3 posts slating an Ipswich player whilst bigging up the ex ex manager... even for you that’s exceeded tw.at levels

Tell me, what games have you watched of Judges this season?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 06:33 - Nov 19 with 1434 viewsElderGrizzly

No it’s not, scoring more goals against Gibraltar and Georgia would have made no difference

They’re not top 2 because they failed to win tonight, where a clean sheet and scoring one (as they did) would have seen them finish second

My point was, they don’t score enough goals so don’t kill off games. 1 goal against them is probably too much to recover from too to win
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 06:34 - Nov 19 with 1430 viewsElderGrizzly

I think virtually everyone is in the playoffs. Its a ridiculous system this time round for a bloated Euro 2020
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 07:32 - Nov 19 with 1405 viewsKeaneish

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 02:40 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

I both pity and salute any international manager who's reduced to picking our(third division) players to make up a squad and can still be in with a shout of qualifying for a tournament.

Third is where they were expected to finish and third is what they got. There’s no heroics there. 2 points from those last three games has cost them an automatic place but they never really deserved it.

NI pick a side of lower standard players each time and made a much better fist of it in a much tougher group and now go into the play-offs with some momentum and their heads held high. ROI fans are dreading the play-offs given their performances and have zero confidence in them getting to the Euros.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 07:36 - Nov 19 with 1403 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 06:19 - Nov 19 by textbackup

Let’s not forget the massive point away at Georg!

Obviously not the best result, however had they lost there they would have gone into last night with no chance of qualification, whereas victory would have made no difference

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 07:44 - Nov 19 with 1389 viewsDubtractor

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 07:36 - Nov 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Obviously not the best result, however had they lost there they would have gone into last night with no chance of qualification, whereas victory would have made no difference

Lets all be honest. It panned out exactly as you'd expect under mm.

Always competitive, hard to beat, rubbish to watch. He'll always give a team a fighting chance, but you'll gain little pleasure from watching it play out.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 07:48 - Nov 19 with 1384 viewsMach_foreignBlue

You've got to salute those who have made a change and allowed the teams from 3rd positions to have a chance in the play-offs.

That change of rules has allowed teams like Scotland to have a chance. Yes Scotland ! They only had to beat San Marino and Cyprus to have a 'chance'.

But he's got to be saluted for being in with a shout of qualifying for a tournament as finishing above ... Georgia and Gibraltar is really commendable innit? Because Georgia and Gibraltar are no mugs are they?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 10:33]
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 08:33 - Nov 19 with 1345 viewsJohnny_Boy

Northern Ireland have been doing this for ages - but how come their football hasn’t been negative guff. We probably both know the reason.

Although to to be fair, ROI did come out all guns blazing this match. Shame it took them till this match to do so really.
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 08:35 - Nov 19 with 1340 viewsitfcjoe

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 07:48 - Nov 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

You've got to salute those who have made a change and allowed the teams from 3rd positions to have a chance in the play-offs.

That change of rules has allowed teams like Scotland to have a chance. Yes Scotland ! They only had to beat San Marino and Cyprus to have a 'chance'.

But he's got to be saluted for being in with a shout of qualifying for a tournament as finishing above ... Georgia and Gibraltar is really commendable innit? Because Georgia and Gibraltar are no mugs are they?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2019 10:33]

Scotland are only in the play offs because of the Nations League, not their group

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 08:40 - Nov 19 with 1329 viewsitfcjoe

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 08:33 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

Northern Ireland have been doing this for ages - but how come their football hasn’t been negative guff. We probably both know the reason.

Although to to be fair, ROI did come out all guns blazing this match. Shame it took them till this match to do so really.

Northern Ireland have had consistency in manager and players over the last few years, ROI are an absolute mess.

They don't seem to talent ID,, compare their squad to Wales who get a load of players with Welsh nationality in early and keep them there - top players.

Irish football is in a right state, they have no strikers capable of scoring goals - they had Troy Parrott and Aaron Connolly on the bench last night who have about 5 senior appearances between them.

Mick gave them a chance in a tough group, I'm sure nearly all Irish fans would have effectively taken a final game at home that they had to win to qualify - and they were the better side in it.

Play offs will be tough depending on who they draw, but unless Robbie Keane comes out of retirement they are not going to have any goals in the side

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 10:23 - Nov 19 with 1281 viewsWickets

But i dont think they would have scored if they had not been one down. For me they failed to qualify because they scored 7 goals in 8 matches . Think thats right .
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 10:32 - Nov 19 with 1276 viewslongtimefan

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 10:23 - Nov 19 by Wickets

But i dont think they would have scored if they had not been one down. For me they failed to qualify because they scored 7 goals in 8 matches . Think thats right .

Given their best forward is a Premier League striker who hasn't scored all season, it surely comes as no surprise they don't score many goals.
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 11:10 - Nov 19 with 1262 viewsJohnny_Boy

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 08:40 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Northern Ireland have had consistency in manager and players over the last few years, ROI are an absolute mess.

They don't seem to talent ID,, compare their squad to Wales who get a load of players with Welsh nationality in early and keep them there - top players.

Irish football is in a right state, they have no strikers capable of scoring goals - they had Troy Parrott and Aaron Connolly on the bench last night who have about 5 senior appearances between them.

Mick gave them a chance in a tough group, I'm sure nearly all Irish fans would have effectively taken a final game at home that they had to win to qualify - and they were the better side in it.

Play offs will be tough depending on who they draw, but unless Robbie Keane comes out of retirement they are not going to have any goals in the side

I simply don't buy the managerial consistency argument.

Trapattoni had 5yrs in the job (2008-2013), along with Martin O'Neil (2013 - 2018).
Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 11:11 - Nov 19 with 1258 viewsitfcjoe

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 11:10 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

I simply don't buy the managerial consistency argument.

Trapattoni had 5yrs in the job (2008-2013), along with Martin O'Neil (2013 - 2018).

Maybe not managerial, but certainly the federation is run very badly from top to bottom - like I say look at Wales and Northern Ireland, and what they have achieved with less resource and how (looking all the way through their underage teams)

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 12:46 - Nov 19 with 1221 viewsSuperblue95

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 11:11 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Maybe not managerial, but certainly the federation is run very badly from top to bottom - like I say look at Wales and Northern Ireland, and what they have achieved with less resource and how (looking all the way through their underage teams)

To be fair Wales have star players like Bale and Ramsey to help them through games. We’ve been playing Glen Whelan for about 46 years. The comparison with Northern Ireland is fair though.

At the end of the day though we were the third best team in that group and finished third as expected

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Are we supporting Denmark tonight? on 17:52 - Nov 20 with 1089 viewsbraveblue

No
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024