Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doing the Recycle 10:42 - Nov 4 with 7650 viewsOldsmoker

this morning at 7am and I happened upon the next door neighbour who was doing the same. I glanced at his black bin that contains the glass and it was chocker-block full of whiskey/vodka/wine bottles.
"Nice party?" I enquired, trying to engage in some smalltalk.
"Thats 6 weeks worth - I only put it out when it's full"
I smiled.
"I'm not a piss-head"
"How's the wife?" changing the subject.
"Neither is she"
Sheesh - some people really are grouchy in the morning (especially if they've had a few the night before).

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Doing the Recycle on 14:30 - Nov 4 with 852 viewsthatdamgood89

sadly it's not just morning. Most people these days look at their neighbours with caution and a sense of 'what's he want!! ..neighbours and all that went out with blue passports.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Doing the Recycle on 14:32 - Nov 4 with 853 viewsfooters

Doing the Recycle on 14:22 - Nov 4 by noggin

Bloody foreigners. Get over it, you lost.

Rule Britannia!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Doing the Recycle on 14:38 - Nov 4 with 846 viewsGeoffSentence

Doing the Recycle on 13:30 - Nov 4 by sotd78

Have you watched anyone shop loose fruit and veg recently in a supermarket?
Recently in Sainsbury's. This woman came up and literally squeezed a dozen Avocado fruit. Then picked up and bought the thirteenth one as it had some give. It would have been cruel of me to say she picked up the one that twelve other shoppers had already squeezed.

I'll not buy any loose fruit and veg - you don't know where's its been, who's mauled it, or what lies beneath the skin.

That is definitely an important consideration, another one being that when you have picked half a dozen loose apples or avocados, the bags they provide to put them in are plastic anyway, so why bother?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Doing the Recycle on 14:39 - Nov 4 with 843 viewsartsbossbeard

Doing the Recycle on 14:38 - Nov 4 by GeoffSentence

That is definitely an important consideration, another one being that when you have picked half a dozen loose apples or avocados, the bags they provide to put them in are plastic anyway, so why bother?

Ooooh! Avacodo's.

Hipster.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Doing the Recycle on 14:48 - Nov 4 with 824 viewsfooters

Don't put them in the bag, just put 'em in the trolley and weight them loose on the scales... Or am I about to be wooshed?!

Doing the Recycle on 14:50 - Nov 4 with 815 viewswkj

There was a push for glass collection in the local area. The council somehow managed to find a reason why they can't do it.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk-kerbside-glass-recycling-collections-1-63504

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Doing the Recycle on 15:04 - Nov 4 with 794 viewsOldsmoker

Doing the Recycle on 13:36 - Nov 4 by ElephantintheRoom

Ahem - you and your neighbour were not 'doing the recycle'...you were putting your rubbish out to be collected. Those east Europeans slaving on a minimum wage (if they are lucky) at the local recycling centre are 'doing the recycle'

I and my (wonderful) neighbour are the first in the Recycling chain.
We are doing Selection and Pre-Sort.
We are choosing what to recycle and then assigning to the correct bins.
Without us, the Recycling company is nothing.

Doing the Recycle on 15:12 - Nov 4 with 784 viewsOldsmoker

Doing the Recycle on 14:50 - Nov 4 by wkj

There was a push for glass collection in the local area. The council somehow managed to find a reason why they can't do it.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk-kerbside-glass-recycling-collections-1-63504

Isn't this the same councillor who said in 1960 that we don't need to build roads as we'd all have flying cars by 1970?

Login to get fewer ads

Doing the Recycle on 15:17 - Nov 4 with 768 viewsOldsmoker

Doing the Recycle on 14:48 - Nov 4 by footers

Don't put them in the bag, just put 'em in the trolley and weight them loose on the scales... Or am I about to be wooshed?!

Is that the scales in the self-serve checkout area?
Those green carrots with the hard seed inside are quite cheap aren't they?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 15:19]

Doing the Recycle on 15:25 - Nov 4 with 752 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I like to put the wee stickers directly on the veg or even better a mixture of veg in a paper mushroom bag with up to 6 price stickers placed all over it...makes check out relatively entertaining.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Doing the Recycle on 15:38 - Nov 4 with 732 viewsfooters

Doing the Recycle on 15:17 - Nov 4 by Oldsmoker

Is that the scales in the self-serve checkout area?
Those green carrots with the hard seed inside are quite cheap aren't they?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 15:19]

Same's true for prime joints of beef. Or so I'm told.

Doing the Recycle on 00:32 - Nov 5 with 638 viewsbritbiker

Doing the Recycle on 12:40 - Nov 4 by jeera

There's nothing much worse than being 'caught' by someone you know at a bottle bank.

The paranoia is already there when you pull up, get out the car with that shifty quick scan to see who's about, then just as you're in full swing some fecker shows up like the shopkeeper from Mr Ben.

I once complained to the Council about the amount of litter in the back alley caused by a nearby school. Two days later the Council left some bin liners, gloves and a litter picker outside my house. I duly obliged in cleaning the alleyway every month or so as i hate litter and like to think myself as a responsible neighbour. A couple of years later the council left another set of equipment outside my house. Crafty blighters.

I'm sure most people look at me like i'm some sort of busy body.

A few years back the Council asked for helpers to plant bulbs in the local area. I duly obliged as they had no one to do the heavy digging. I drew the line though when they insisted I wear a high viz jacket. Its one thing helping but i'm sure I would have looked like I was on some kind of probation service job gang. Would have allowed some locals to get the wrong idea about me.

I
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024