Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) 08:28 - Oct 30 with 7354 viewsCOYBitfc

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:49 - Oct 30 with 2493 viewsHalf_Idiot

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 09:00 - Oct 30 by GaryCooper

Corbyn hates the EU and financial controls he believes makes the poorest in the EU poorer.

It is all out there, to vote for a man who holds such 180 views as yours is just silly in my opinion.

You don't vote for the person, you vote for the party
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:50 - Oct 30 with 2489 viewsGaryCooper

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:41 - Oct 30 by tractordownsouth

Ah yes, because the current PM has been entirely consistent with his views on the European Union

Yeah but no but, I'm not advocating voting for Johnson, just pointing the hypocrisy of Corbyn, hypocrisy which is so easily forgiven by the cultists.
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:50 - Oct 30 with 2486 viewsHalf_Idiot

More disastrous than the current regime?
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:55 - Oct 30 with 2468 viewslongtimefan

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 09:08 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

We disagree on the EU. But the party position isn’t his personal view.

You seem to be reading the Labour Party and leadership wrong. Policy is largely decided by consensus.

"Policy is largely decided by consensus."

Yes, by a show of hands at Conference ..... oops !
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:20 - Oct 30 with 2442 viewsDarth_Koont

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:55 - Oct 30 by longtimefan

"Policy is largely decided by consensus."

Yes, by a show of hands at Conference ..... oops !

As opposed to by lobbyists, donors and the whims of right-wing press barons?

Struggling to see the problem with that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:41 - Oct 30 with 2418 viewsOldsmoker

Let's put Corbyn in charge and find out.
I'm sure it will be better than the shower of sh!t we have at the moment.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:46 - Oct 30 with 2411 viewsSuperfrans

Hard to dispute this. Corbyn would disagree with the current cabinet on most things, it would be a car crash.

If he was leader of his own party and could pick his own cabinet, he'd be fine. He certainly couldn't be more of a nightmare than the current incumbent.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:48 - Oct 30 with 2399 viewsWD19

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 08:37 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Not really.

We’ve had Hurst, Keane and Jewell as the last 3 PMs.

Time for an alternative.

Ah. A Megson fan I see......
Login to get fewer ads

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:49 - Oct 30 with 2396 viewsSuperfrans

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 11:50 - Oct 30 by GaryCooper

Yeah but no but, I'm not advocating voting for Johnson, just pointing the hypocrisy of Corbyn, hypocrisy which is so easily forgiven by the cultists.

You don't have to be a cultist to believe it would be worth giving Corbyn a chance.

You may not be advocating voting for Johnson. But if you're *not* voting for Corbyn because of hypocrisy, I'd ask who is your alternative - and are they also guilty of hypocrisy?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:53 - Oct 30 with 2391 viewshampstead_blue

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 09:04 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. At least have a point.

I think people should be able to argue for or against on the basis of policy, or at least how parties can be expected to cope with the major issues affecting our country. From the economy, welfare, health and education to global issues like trade, foreign policy and the environment.

Agree.

Give us something to talk around......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:17 - Oct 30 with 2361 viewslongtimefan

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:20 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

As opposed to by lobbyists, donors and the whims of right-wing press barons?

Struggling to see the problem with that.

The problem being that at this years conference, the floor demonstrably voted one way but Corbyn's right-hand women over-ruled the session chair and decided it had voted the other way, Corbyn's way!
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:19 - Oct 30 with 2360 viewsessexblue

What you actually mean is putting mcdonnell in charge of this government would be disastrous.
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:26 - Oct 30 with 2338 viewshampstead_blue

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 12:41 - Oct 30 by Oldsmoker

Let's put Corbyn in charge and find out.
I'm sure it will be better than the shower of sh!t we have at the moment.

it would be a sequel of the Purge films......

"Purge. Corbyn and the Unions take revenge"

It would be carnage and take many years to recover, if at all.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:37 - Oct 30 with 2329 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:26 - Oct 30 by hampstead_blue

it would be a sequel of the Purge films......

"Purge. Corbyn and the Unions take revenge"

It would be carnage and take many years to recover, if at all.

"It would be carnage and take many years to recover, if at all."

That's what many people have been living through under years of Conservative governments friend. So I wonder, the folk who now think the sky would fall down under a Labour government...where were they while the Conservatives were doing just that to millions of people on the lowest rung of our society?

Where was the pearl clutching and panic about their 'carnage' then?Where was the grave chin stroking about the state of affairs while people were dying after being told they were well enough for work?

The Conservatives have been systematically targeting those at the bottom of society for a decade, and have made life a misery for many people over the last decade. So it's a bit difficult to have sympathy for your claims that all of a sudden, under a Labour government, society would crumble. Because it already fecking did for many.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 30 with 2313 viewsfooters

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:37 - Oct 30 by SpruceMoose

"It would be carnage and take many years to recover, if at all."

That's what many people have been living through under years of Conservative governments friend. So I wonder, the folk who now think the sky would fall down under a Labour government...where were they while the Conservatives were doing just that to millions of people on the lowest rung of our society?

Where was the pearl clutching and panic about their 'carnage' then?Where was the grave chin stroking about the state of affairs while people were dying after being told they were well enough for work?

The Conservatives have been systematically targeting those at the bottom of society for a decade, and have made life a misery for many people over the last decade. So it's a bit difficult to have sympathy for your claims that all of a sudden, under a Labour government, society would crumble. Because it already fecking did for many.

Say mister Spruce, could you name any positive changes the Tories have made to the country over the last ten years? People seem awfully keen on attacking Labour but a little more reticent in naming things the Conservatives have actually achieved.

Can't think of much meself.

Come on TWTD Tories, what are the positive reasons for voting blue this time around? Boris' funny hair is not a reason, btw.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:52 - Oct 30 with 2307 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 30 by footers

Say mister Spruce, could you name any positive changes the Tories have made to the country over the last ten years? People seem awfully keen on attacking Labour but a little more reticent in naming things the Conservatives have actually achieved.

Come on TWTD Tories, what are the positive reasons for voting blue this time around? Boris' funny hair is not a reason, btw.

They buried Thatcher I suppose.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:00 - Oct 30 with 2291 viewsDarth_Koont

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:17 - Oct 30 by longtimefan

The problem being that at this years conference, the floor demonstrably voted one way but Corbyn's right-hand women over-ruled the session chair and decided it had voted the other way, Corbyn's way!

Did they? I think you got suckered there by people using the chairperson’s confusion to pretend there wasn’t a majority.

Pronouns: He/Him

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:00 - Oct 30 with 2291 viewsessexblue

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 13:49 - Oct 30 by footers

keeping Mr Mcdonnell out of Downing Street, whichever number he would live at, is a positive enough reason.
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 30 with 2286 viewsfooters

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:00 - Oct 30 by essexblue

keeping Mr Mcdonnell out of Downing Street, whichever number he would live at, is a positive enough reason.

Lol. Try again, this time without reference to Labour.

What positive changes to the country have the Tories made in the last ten years?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 30 with 2286 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:00 - Oct 30 by essexblue

So you can't actually name anything then?

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:13 - Oct 30 with 2271 viewsessexblue

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 30 by SpruceMoose

So you can't actually name anything then?

Actually lost faith with all of them. We have had a week leader for many years, but despite that and Brexit economy is OK and debt levels more manageable. I think the Brexit mess and all of them saying and doing anything to get into power makes them all un-electable. So sorry to be negative but anything but a marxist in power is good for me.
Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:48 - Oct 30 with 2244 viewshampstead_blue

I don't think the Tories are in a good place with BJ.
I do however think that Labour are in a hole with JC.

That's the only positive I can find.

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:53 - Oct 30 with 2232 viewsSpruceMoose

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:48 - Oct 30 by hampstead_blue

That's a positive for the Conservatives. The question was about what they had done to bring about positive change for the country as a whole, not their own party.

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:53 - Oct 30 with 2229 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:48 - Oct 30 by hampstead_blue

The way I see it is that if Labour / Corbyn found you, bleeding to death, at the side of the road having been hit by a car they would do their best to keep you alive, in all honestly probably making matters a bit worse but they would at least have only made you suffer a little bit more through good intentions.

The Tories / Johnson, however, would take your watch, your wallet and anything else of value, leave you there and then send your widow the dry cleaning bill for the blood you'd had the audacity to get on them.

Ultimately you may be knackered in both situations but some of the Labour party at least want to try and make this country better. The Tories no longer bother pretending they care about anyone but themselves.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 14:59]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 15:00 - Oct 30 with 2200 viewslongtimefan

Putting Corbyn in charge of this Government would be disastrous (n/t) on 14:00 - Oct 30 by Darth_Koont

Did they? I think you got suckered there by people using the chairperson’s confusion to pretend there wasn’t a majority.

I think you’ll find that opinion is only shared by loyal Corbynites. Refusing the card vote to clarify the vote was the giveaway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024