Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As supporters is the song acceptable? 13:05 - Oct 21 with 12390 viewsChateauWines

As supporters is the song acceptable?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:08 - Oct 21 with 4167 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:02 - Oct 21 by braveblue

Like others I have not heard it. Please advise the words so that I can form an opinion. Seems strange that some think it is obviously racist and some don’t . If in doubt then don’t sing it I would say. But I would like to know what it is.

You only have to read the last few comments to get the gist.

Kick It Out wrote to Man Utd to get them to stop their fans singing it for Lukaku.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/18/manchester-united-urged-to-stop

EDIT: We don't need a poll to decide if it is racist. If Kick It Out say it is, it would take some convincing for any decent person to come to the conclusion that it isn't.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 20:13]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:18 - Oct 21 with 4138 viewsyesjohn99

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 19:46 - Oct 21 by jeera

If you didn't understand Jake's post then it's a waste of time engaging with you.

In the time you're wasting posting this rubbish you could be reading a book and learning things.

Or just apply common sense.

Slavery - racist
Silly song - not racist.

Now, where did I put my beano annual.......
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:22 - Oct 21 with 4133 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:18 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

Slavery - racist
Silly song - not racist.

"Silly song not racist". Where on your self-defined scale do monkey chants come?

The song is racist. End of. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/18/manchester-united-urged-to-stop

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:27 - Oct 21 with 4122 viewseireblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:06 - Oct 21 by Swailsey

You’re definitely a troll now, noted.

Yep, and one of those trolls that make themselves look thick.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:29 - Oct 21 with 4118 viewsyesjohn99

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:22 - Oct 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

"Silly song not racist". Where on your self-defined scale do monkey chants come?

The song is racist. End of. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/18/manchester-united-urged-to-stop

I haven’t heard the song Ipswich fans were singing with monkey chants in. Find them and ban them for life.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:30 - Oct 21 with 4101 viewsStokieBlue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 19:31 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

No matter what spin you put on it, the song isn’t racist.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 4111 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:29 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

I haven’t heard the song Ipswich fans were singing with monkey chants in. Find them and ban them for life.

I also haven't seen the ITFC fans enforcing slavery. Find them and lock them up and release their slaves.

Are you still arguing with Kick It Out that the very song they wrote to Manchester United about because it is racist is acceptable and not racist?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:33 - Oct 21 with 4118 viewsPhilTWTD

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:30 - Oct 21 by JakeITFC

The song is racist, there is no room for debate here.

I have posted at great length about this on here so I won’t again, but the dehumanisation and hyper-sexualisation of black men is an abuse borne in the times of slavery and this song is a continuation of that.

It is entirely possible that the people singing the song think didn’t/don’t think there is a problem with it, which is why it is important that they learn why it is.

Indeed, and surprises me those singing it missed the Lukaku controversy at Man U.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495
Login to get fewer ads

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:39 - Oct 21 with 4089 viewsGeoffSentence

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 16:41 - Oct 21 by NotSure

There should always be an option for Don't Know / Not Sure.
I assume this is why you only have 34 votes at time of writing.

After his performance yesterday any song about Nsiala has become unacceptable.

There should never be a don't know or not sure option on an internet poll. It never ceases to amaze me that people actively contribute to a poll to say 'don't know'. Honestly, why bother?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:51 - Oct 21 with 4056 viewsbraveblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:39 - Oct 21 by GeoffSentence

There should never be a don't know or not sure option on an internet poll. It never ceases to amaze me that people actively contribute to a poll to say 'don't know'. Honestly, why bother?

If a majority or substantial number say don’t know then that shows it is not a simple answer.
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 4050 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:51 - Oct 21 by braveblue

If a majority or substantial number say don’t know then that shows it is not a simple answer.

I think there is a place for it at times.

However, this poll should not even exist. The very same song has been highlighted by Kick It Out as racist. It is not up for discussion.

I do hope the 6 people who have voted that it is acceptable will read the article Phil has linked above and the comment from JakeITFC he replied to and recognise their error. They can then adjust their vote and make it look rather less than 10% of us endorsing racism.

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 4050 viewsPinewoodblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 19:56 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

As I have said on other post, I find it hard to believe our captain has a sticker on his phone endorsing the song but people on here are insisting they have seen it. If this is actually the case I shall raise it when i speak to the Club Secretary tomorrow following todays exchange of emails with the club.

Lets hope the club show zero tolerance. Shouldn't be any need for warnings by Wednesday evening I'm sure word will have got around.

Chuck'em out and ban them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:57 - Oct 21 with 4045 viewsGeoffSentence

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:51 - Oct 21 by braveblue

Yeah, if you are asked in the street, but why would anyone actually take the time and trouble to take part in an internet poll just to say don't know. However useful pollsters may find that answer. It's not the same as being approached for an answer, it is a positive choice to take part to say 'dont know', honestly why does anyone bother to do that?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:57 - Oct 21 with 4046 viewsSwailsey

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 18:10 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

Racism is bad. Very simple.

The pathetic song is not racist.

There are calls on here for the morons who sung it to be punished, I’m simply asking how the club captain should be punished as surely he is as bad as they are?

It is racist.

This has been established.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:59 - Oct 21 with 4036 viewsfooters

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:30 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

SB

"Black players, a great bunch of lads."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 23:45 - Oct 21 with 3955 viewsRyorry

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:33 - Oct 21 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, and surprises me those singing it missed the Lukaku controversy at Man U.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495

Really think consideration should be given to exclusion (at least for a while) for those who persist in trolling about racism (or any kind of -ism) on here.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 0:49]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:03 - Oct 22 with 3796 viewsNthsuffolkblue

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 23:45 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Really think consideration should be given to exclusion (at least for a while) for those who persist in trolling about racism (or any kind of -ism) on here.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 0:49]

I think often the debate is good.

Education is a good thing.

What worries me is that there appear to be 6 fans who persist in thinking there is nothing wrong with a song that Kick It Out has clearly said is racist and the club has clearly said should not be sung. I think they are soon to be in for a rude awakening unless they pipe down.

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:11 - Oct 22 with 3784 viewsSpruceMoose

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:03 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

What worries me is that there appear to be 6 fans who persist in thinking there is nothing wrong with a song that Kick It Out has clearly said is racist and the club has clearly said should not be sung. I think they are soon to be in for a rude awakening unless they pipe down.

I agree. Although I don't want them to pipe down. I want them to honestly and openly read the responses they've been given and come to a true appreciation of why they were misinformed.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 3779 viewsRyorry

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:03 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Re your first 2 paras - of course debate & education are good, I've said same often enough.

It's the persistent ones I was referring to. Can't blame people for incomprehension, but in some cases it just seems wilful refusal to understand despite several excellent explanations.

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:18 - Oct 22 with 3775 viewsSpruceMoose

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:17 - Oct 22 by Ryorry

Re your first 2 paras - of course debate & education are good, I've said same often enough.

It's the persistent ones I was referring to. Can't blame people for incomprehension, but in some cases it just seems wilful refusal to understand despite several excellent explanations.

To be fair, I think we can all be guilty of that at times. Something for everyone to reflect upon.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:21 - Oct 22 with 3770 viewsRyorry

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:18 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

To be fair, I think we can all be guilty of that at times. Something for everyone to reflect upon.

Well, I know I can be a bit dim at times! Can't recall it ever being deliberate - but must also admit my memory aint exactly the greatest, haha!

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 3767 viewsSpruceMoose

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:21 - Oct 22 by Ryorry

Well, I know I can be a bit dim at times! Can't recall it ever being deliberate - but must also admit my memory aint exactly the greatest, haha!

I just mean it's easy to get entrenched in a position that you're invested in. I've done it at points in the past I'm sure.

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 23:40 - Oct 22 with 3715 viewsjeera

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:59 - Oct 21 by footers

"Black players, a great bunch of lads."

I had a friend once.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 10:26 - Oct 23 with 3565 viewshaynes_toe1

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 20:18 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

Slavery - racist
Silly song - not racist.

I'm sorry but people have patiently explained in detail exactly why it's racist yet you refuse to accept or even consider the fact that others DO find it racist, at the very least.

Can backwards people like you stay far, far away from our club? K thx
As supporters is the song acceptable? on 10:30 - Oct 23 with 3560 viewsMrTown

As supporters is the song acceptable? on 17:30 - Oct 21 by JakeITFC

The song is racist, there is no room for debate here.

I have posted at great length about this on here so I won’t again, but the dehumanisation and hyper-sexualisation of black men is an abuse borne in the times of slavery and this song is a continuation of that.

It is entirely possible that the people singing the song think didn’t/don’t think there is a problem with it, which is why it is important that they learn why it is.

I think this is a really good response.

I do think it is important to say, I don't think the people singing are doing it in a malicious and racially abuse manner.

I think they probably lack knowledge and undertsanding on the situation and see it as 'bantz'.

Like I said, I've not heard anything yet at games though.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 10:31]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024