Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turkey begin offensive 21:34 - Oct 9 with 3702 viewsjeera

on North Syria then, as expected, to create a 'Safe Zone':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49983357

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Turkey begin offensive on 21:37 - Oct 9 with 2918 viewsm14_blue

Periodic reminder that Erdogan is a complete fcukface
Turkey begin offensive on 21:41 - Oct 9 with 2900 viewsjeera

Turkey begin offensive on 21:37 - Oct 9 by m14_blue

Those poor people.

Turkey begin offensive on 22:51 - Oct 9 with 2844 viewsbournemouthblue

I would assume the majority on NATO aren't keen on this?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Turkey begin offensive on 22:53 - Oct 9 with 2841 viewsjeera

Turkey begin offensive on 22:51 - Oct 9 by bournemouthblue

You'd think.

Turkey begin offensive on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 2828 viewswkj

Turkey begin offensive on 22:53 - Oct 9 by jeera

You'd think.

What a world we live in...

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Turkey begin offensive on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 2825 viewsGirthyguy

Trumps a filthy snake aswell
Turkey begin offensive on 06:48 - Oct 10 with 2747 viewsStokieBlue

Trump as well. Apparently because they didn't help with Normandy this is all fair game.

Total fookwit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/09/trump-syria-kurds-normandy

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Turkey begin offensive on 07:23 - Oct 10 with 2709 viewsDubtractor

Turkey begin offensive on 06:48 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

Trump as well. Apparently because they didn't help with Normandy this is all fair game.

Total fookwit.

SB

Wtf is wrong with the world?

And with huge swathes of its population who seem to celebrate these dreadful leaders.

Genuinely depresses me.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Turkey begin offensive on 08:13 - Oct 10 with 2646 viewsChurchman

Turkey begin offensive on 06:48 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

Total fookwit.

SB

So that tinpot dictator Erdogan sees a cheap chance to grab a bit of territory and the orchestrated adoration of the masses. Moved from badly faking a ‘Coup’ now he’s disposed of his opponents.

And Trump stepped aside because the Kurds were only defending what they thought was their homeland when fighting ISIS and didn’t help with DDay. What a ludicrous piece of work he is. Im amazed he can keep a straight face, but then Trump is always a man who clearly enjoys the smell of his own f4rts.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 8:31]
Turkey begin offensive on 08:14 - Oct 10 with 2642 viewsartsbossbeard

Turkey begin offensive on 07:23 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

And with huge swathes of its population who seem to celebrate these dreadful leaders.

Genuinely depresses me.

Our #1 trading partner post Brexit has blood on his hands and I'd assume that in the spirit of closed borders and "I'm alright, Jack", those poor unfortunates displaced by decisions made x,000's of miles away from where they are born and live won't be offered assistance in the UK.

2019: The year when it all went to sh1t.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Turkey begin offensive on 08:20 - Oct 10 with 2630 viewsBlueBadger

Turkey begin offensive on 08:14 - Oct 10 by artsbossbeard

Our #1 trading partner post Brexit has blood on his hands and I'd assume that in the spirit of closed borders and "I'm alright, Jack", those poor unfortunates displaced by decisions made x,000's of miles away from where they are born and live won't be offered assistance in the UK.

2019: The year when it all went to sh1t.

Nah, 2015 was that one, 2019 is where we're seeing the consequences.

Somewhere out there, there's a parallel universe in which Ed Milliband is capable of competently eating a bacon sandwich and none of this has happened.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 8:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Turkey begin offensive on 08:26 - Oct 10 with 2607 viewsartsbossbeard

Turkey begin offensive on 08:20 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Nah, 2015 was that one, 2019 is where we're seeing the consequences.

Somewhere out there, there's a parallel universe in which Ed Milliband is capable of competently eating a bacon sandwich and none of this has happened.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 8:21]

I actually detest what we're becoming.

A cynical, quick to blame "others", insular looking country with no compassion for outsiders.

This isn't the way I was brought up to live life.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Turkey begin offensive on 08:28 - Oct 10 with 2592 viewsBlueBadger

Turkey begin offensive on 08:26 - Oct 10 by artsbossbeard

I actually detest what we're becoming.

A cynical, quick to blame "others", insular looking country with no compassion for outsiders.

This isn't the way I was brought up to live life.

I just want my country back. You know, the one that was generous in spirit, accepting of outsiders and not stupid enough to chuck away their prosperity because foreigners STILL exist.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Turkey begin offensive on 08:40 - Oct 10 with 2563 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Turkey begin offensive on 08:28 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

I just want my country back. You know, the one that was generous in spirit, accepting of outsiders and not stupid enough to chuck away their prosperity because foreigners STILL exist.

When were we that country?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Turkey begin offensive on 09:05 - Oct 10 with 2513 viewsChurchman

Turkey begin offensive on 08:40 - Oct 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

When were we that country?

A country is its people and I think the majority of people here are pretty generous of spirit. It’s just that those that are not tend to be the noisiest.

Historically, people have tended to flee to this county not from it. Not always (e.g. religious intolerance after the reformation), but often (e.g. Huguenots, Jewish people). I don’t think this has changed, despite the collection of self centred idiots who have governed this country for decades.
Turkey begin offensive on 09:07 - Oct 10 with 2513 viewsGuthrum

Turkey begin offensive on 22:51 - Oct 9 by bournemouthblue

Apart from the NATO member doing it and the other, large and dominant member whose President is giving it the go-ahead.

Shame the French didn't withdraw and leave the American colonists in the lurch around 1780. After all, the latter were 'fighting for their land' not for France. Plus there was no American contingent on the French side at the Battle of Fontenoy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Turkey begin offensive on 09:10 - Oct 10 with 2500 viewssparks

Turkey begin offensive on 07:23 - Oct 10 by Dubtractor

Genuinely depresses me.

Hard to imagine a better recruitment platform foe extremists than seeing peoples homes and families destroyed whilst also demonstrating that the US and the west cannot be trusted.

Anyone still supporting trump should be ashamed. As should the rest of the western world who have not actually opposed Turkey on this in robust enough fashion.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Turkey begin offensive on 09:11 - Oct 10 with 2491 viewsStokieBlue

Turkey begin offensive on 09:07 - Oct 10 by Guthrum

Apart from the NATO member doing it and the other, large and dominant member whose President is giving it the go-ahead.

Shame the French didn't withdraw and leave the American colonists in the lurch around 1780. After all, the latter were 'fighting for their land' not for France. Plus there was no American contingent on the French side at the Battle of Fontenoy.

Turkey should have been thrown out of NATO by now, especially since Erogdan took over, the only thing supporting their membership is their lucky geographical location.

I am a little surprised they survived the purchasing of Russian air defences whilst being a member to be honest.

SB

Turkey begin offensive on 09:15 - Oct 10 with 2478 viewsStokieBlue

Turkey begin offensive on 09:10 - Oct 10 by sparks

Hard to imagine a better recruitment platform foe extremists than seeing peoples homes and families destroyed whilst also demonstrating that the US and the west cannot be trusted.

Anyone still supporting trump should be ashamed. As should the rest of the western world who have not actually opposed Turkey on this in robust enough fashion.

It's a bit of a repeat of the betrayal of TE Lawrence and his promises to the Arabs in the first world war.

There are 10,000 ISIS fighters being guarded by Kurds at the moment - they are not going to keep doing that if the Turks are threatening their families - many of those fighters are going to escape to cause more havoc.

It's just idiotic all round - unfortunately that is one of Trumps hallmarks.

SB

Turkey begin offensive on 09:17 - Oct 10 with 2472 viewsPinewoodblue

Turkey begin offensive on 09:11 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

Turkey should have been thrown out of NATO by now, especially since Erogdan took over, the only thing supporting their membership is their lucky geographical location.

I am a little surprised they survived the purchasing of Russian air defences whilst being a member to be honest.

SB

Turkey is the kid in the playground you don't like but always pick as don't want him on the other side.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Turkey begin offensive on 09:20 - Oct 10 with 2460 viewsflimflam

We should be protecting the Kurds as they gave their lives on our behalf defeating ISIS.

Shameful if we stand by and watch them destroyed although they are a fierce race and will give Turkey a bloody nose.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Turkey begin offensive on 09:20 - Oct 10 with 2458 viewsStokieBlue

Turkey begin offensive on 09:17 - Oct 10 by Pinewoodblue

Turkey is the kid in the playground you don't like but always pick as don't want him on the other side.

I'm not really sure that analogy works. Why would NATO worry about Turkey being on the other side? They aren't a threat to any members (sure they don't like Greece but what are they going to do?) and given the range of weapons nowadays it's debatable if the location is really of the importance that it once was.

They should be told to do one.

SB

Turkey begin offensive on 09:33 - Oct 10 with 2432 viewsGuthrum

Turkey begin offensive on 09:11 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Again, it's the strategic location - at the mouth of the Black Sea, on the northern edge of the Middle East and effectively on the southern flank of Russia itself.

Previous Turkish leaders were keener not to upset the USA/NATO, particularly with the powerful Soviet Union right next door. However Erdogan knows that (particularly with Trump) he can push things to achieve his agenda. Indeed, given the unpredictability of the American President and his willingness to dump allies, there is an element of insurance about it.

Turkey begin offensive on 09:36 - Oct 10 with 2424 viewsGuthrum

Turkey begin offensive on 09:20 - Oct 10 by StokieBlue

I'm not really sure that analogy works. Why would NATO worry about Turkey being on the other side? They aren't a threat to any members (sure they don't like Greece but what are they going to do?) and given the range of weapons nowadays it's debatable if the location is really of the importance that it once was.

They should be told to do one.

SB

Bases.

Even with the existence of air-to-air refuelling, it's far easier (and cheaper) if you can actually land 'planes somewhere - or dock ships. Essential if you're wanting to supply ground troops.

Turkey begin offensive on 09:37 - Oct 10 with 2423 viewsStokieBlue

Turkey begin offensive on 09:33 - Oct 10 by Guthrum

Again, it's the strategic location - at the mouth of the Black Sea, on the northern edge of the Middle East and effectively on the southern flank of Russia itself.

Previous Turkish leaders were keener not to upset the USA/NATO, particularly with the powerful Soviet Union right next door. However Erdogan knows that (particularly with Trump) he can push things to achieve his agenda. Indeed, given the unpredictability of the American President and his willingness to dump allies, there is an element of insurance about it.

As per my subsequent post though, is the geographical location that important anymore? It certainly was 40 years ago but technology has moved on.

It's not like NATO are going to inhibit Russian movement through the Black Sea and any activity in the Middle East (of which there will hopefully be less) can be staged in other ways.

They should be told to get lost.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024