Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best striker in League One? 19:27 - Oct 5 with 5056 viewsmidastouch

Ivan Toney?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Best striker in League One? on 19:28 - Oct 5 with 4164 viewsBloomBlue

No Jackson is
Best striker in League One? on 19:29 - Oct 5 with 4151 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 19:28 - Oct 5 by BloomBlue

No Jackson is

Does look very sharp this season. Just needs to brush up on his penalties.

Best striker in League One? on 19:34 - Oct 5 with 4106 viewsmidastouch

And he can't half jump! Look at the height on some of his headed goals. You'd want to be 6ft 9" like Holy when Toney is jumping in the box!

Best striker in League One? on 19:37 - Oct 5 with 4093 viewsjas0999

Best striker in League One? on 19:28 - Oct 5 by BloomBlue

No Jackson is

Agreed. Better than Norwood in my opinion. Jackson looks very good - pace, power, scores goals.
Best striker in League One? on 19:50 - Oct 5 with 4017 viewsagentp

You must have forgotten about the entire Portsmouth team who are all - individually better than Toney and playing nicely by giving everyone else a head start because they really are that good.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Best striker in League One? on 19:56 - Oct 5 with 3986 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 19:50 - Oct 5 by agentp

You must have forgotten about the entire Portsmouth team who are all - individually better than Toney and playing nicely by giving everyone else a head start because they really are that good.

But they've got nothing left to prove after winning the EFL Trophy last season! They'll be able to dine out on that for years. Or maybe not lol!

Best striker in League One? on 21:47 - Oct 5 with 3759 viewsBlue_Moses

Best striker in League One? on 19:37 - Oct 5 by jas0999

Agreed. Better than Norwood in my opinion. Jackson looks very good - pace, power, scores goals.

It's not even debatable, Norwood's finishing has been poor recently and I'm still not convinced. There, I said it. Hopefully it's just a confidence thing, i was yards away from the sitter he missed today as was walking past the goal as it happened and he completely panicked.
Best striker in League One? on 22:08 - Oct 5 with 3691 viewsRiposare2

Will Keane will be the best striker in the league
Login to get fewer ads

Best striker in League One? on 23:05 - Oct 5 with 3609 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 22:08 - Oct 5 by Riposare2

Will Keane will be the best striker in the league

Perhaps, but for how many minutes?

Best striker in League One? on 09:46 - Oct 6 with 3367 viewsJoHnNnY

We’ll sign him when we go up.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Best striker in League One? on 09:56 - Oct 6 with 3347 viewsstrikalite

Best striker in League One? on 09:46 - Oct 6 by JoHnNnY

Ha, we certainly won't, this is Peterborough remember and a certain Mr Fry, he'll go next summer for £8m if he scores anything around 20 goals..
Best striker in League One? on 09:58 - Oct 6 with 3331 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lollers

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Best striker in League One? on 10:45 - Oct 6 with 3268 viewsmidastouch

All joking aside, I'd love us to sign him if we did go up but as strikalite says, I think Peterborough would price him well outside of Marcus' comfort zone. Can't see Barry selling him at a mate rate to Marcus. Posh would want him to go to the highest bidder as they are usually shrewd in the transfer market. Would be over the moon if it did ever happen but sadly I think we'd be priced out.

Best striker in League One? on 10:53 - Oct 6 with 3245 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Best striker in League One? on 10:45 - Oct 6 by midastouch

All joking aside, I'd love us to sign him if we did go up but as strikalite says, I think Peterborough would price him well outside of Marcus' comfort zone. Can't see Barry selling him at a mate rate to Marcus. Posh would want him to go to the highest bidder as they are usually shrewd in the transfer market. Would be over the moon if it did ever happen but sadly I think we'd be priced out.

He’s worth millions, so miles outside our price range

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Best striker in League One? on 10:58 - Oct 6 with 3240 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 10:53 - Oct 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s worth millions, so miles outside our price range

In that case, are the Hunt brothers still available? 2 for the price of none! ;-)

Best striker in League One? on 11:06 - Oct 6 with 3213 viewsOwainG1992

Not a striker but Marcus Maddison is out of contract next summer.
He will be a terrific free signing for somebody.
If we go up as expected when not show true ambition and try get him in.
That being said it will be someone like Derby that sign him.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Best striker in League One? on 11:10 - Oct 6 with 3206 viewsstrikalite

Best striker in League One? on 11:06 - Oct 6 by OwainG1992

Not a striker but Marcus Maddison is out of contract next summer.
He will be a terrific free signing for somebody.
If we go up as expected when not show true ambition and try get him in.
That being said it will be someone like Derby that sign him.

Nearly went to Sunderland in the summer, he supports them, Posh wanted £5m, Sunderland wouldn't pay it, so maybe holding out to go there on a free with a decent wage rise..
Best striker in League One? on 11:27 - Oct 6 with 3192 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 11:10 - Oct 6 by strikalite

Nearly went to Sunderland in the summer, he supports them, Posh wanted £5m, Sunderland wouldn't pay it, so maybe holding out to go there on a free with a decent wage rise..

You'd think Sunderland would need to be back in the Championship to attract him unless he's a real Stadium of S**te diehard. Players often chase after the biggest wage, club loyalty will only take them so far. Although there are obviously some examples of good servants at clubs that have stuck around out of loyalty and feeling settled rather than chasing the most money.

Best striker in League One? on 11:32 - Oct 6 with 3162 viewsPJH

Best striker in League One? on 21:47 - Oct 5 by Blue_Moses

It's not even debatable, Norwood's finishing has been poor recently and I'm still not convinced. There, I said it. Hopefully it's just a confidence thing, i was yards away from the sitter he missed today as was walking past the goal as it happened and he completely panicked.

So it was your fault he missed, you distracted him.

Glad you cleared that up because I was thinking that it was my fault because I was right in line with him.
Best striker in League One? on 11:42 - Oct 6 with 3134 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 11:32 - Oct 6 by PJH

So it was your fault he missed, you distracted him.

Glad you cleared that up because I was thinking that it was my fault because I was right in line with him.

And which one of you two is going to accept responsibility for distracting Jackson and causing him to miss his penalty at the vital moment? C'mon, own up please! ;-)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 11:43]

Best striker in League One? on 11:56 - Oct 6 with 3107 viewsstrikalite

Best striker in League One? on 11:27 - Oct 6 by midastouch

You'd think Sunderland would need to be back in the Championship to attract him unless he's a real Stadium of S**te diehard. Players often chase after the biggest wage, club loyalty will only take them so far. Although there are obviously some examples of good servants at clubs that have stuck around out of loyalty and feeling settled rather than chasing the most money.

I've watched him many times at Posh, there is a reason why Championship Clubs haven't come in for him and imo rightly so, he has quality, great left foot, but I've seen him have awful games, diving when he doesn't need too, wasteful when 30 yards from goal and sees the glory.....but he does come up with wonder goals, you have to except all his antics and rubbish for that one moment of real quality...
Best striker in League One? on 12:11 - Oct 6 with 3085 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 11:56 - Oct 6 by strikalite

I've watched him many times at Posh, there is a reason why Championship Clubs haven't come in for him and imo rightly so, he has quality, great left foot, but I've seen him have awful games, diving when he doesn't need too, wasteful when 30 yards from goal and sees the glory.....but he does come up with wonder goals, you have to except all his antics and rubbish for that one moment of real quality...

Have you also seen much of Toney playing for Posh? If so is he the real deal (he looked good against us) do you think? I've only really seen him via YouTube so I'm tending to see the highlights and not the full picture.

Best striker in League One? on 12:24 - Oct 6 with 3069 viewsbournemouthblue

Best striker in League One? on 21:47 - Oct 5 by Blue_Moses

He's also been playing with an injury by the sounds of it

He is still better than what we had last season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Best striker in League One? on 12:32 - Oct 6 with 3056 viewsitfcjoe

Best striker in League One? on 11:56 - Oct 6 by strikalite

Didn’t Barnsley bid £4m for him in August? So Champ clubs have come in for him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best striker in League One? on 12:59 - Oct 6 with 3022 viewsPJH

Best striker in League One? on 11:42 - Oct 6 by midastouch

And which one of you two is going to accept responsibility for distracting Jackson and causing him to miss his penalty at the vital moment? C'mon, own up please! ;-)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 11:43]

Well he clearly aimed his shot at me, just to the right hand side of the goal as he saw it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024