Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best striker in League One? 19:27 - Oct 5 with 5065 viewsmidastouch

Ivan Toney?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Best striker in League One? on 14:07 - Oct 6 with 873 viewsstrikalite

Best striker in League One? on 12:32 - Oct 6 by itfcjoe

Didn’t Barnsley bid £4m for him in August? So Champ clubs have come in for him

Didn't know that, I suppose it's all opinions on players taking the step up, if Maddison simply cut out the silly diving and actually stayed on his feet he'd be a better player for it, it's quite amusing at times, "oh get up Maddison" can often be heard from the Posh fans..
Best striker in League One? on 14:23 - Oct 6 with 865 viewsstrikalite

Best striker in League One? on 12:11 - Oct 6 by midastouch

Have you also seen much of Toney playing for Posh? If so is he the real deal (he looked good against us) do you think? I've only really seen him via YouTube so I'm tending to see the highlights and not the full picture.

I don't go to many games but last season he was pretty inconsistent like he's been throughout his career so far, decent return so far this season, only 23 so a decent run of games will see him improve, Posh do seem to get the best of of their strikers don't they, for me at the moment I'd take Jackson over him, though not too much in it..
Best striker in League One? on 14:55 - Oct 6 with 853 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 14:23 - Oct 6 by strikalite

I don't go to many games but last season he was pretty inconsistent like he's been throughout his career so far, decent return so far this season, only 23 so a decent run of games will see him improve, Posh do seem to get the best of of their strikers don't they, for me at the moment I'd take Jackson over him, though not too much in it..

This is fantasy football but I think they'd make a great pairing. Both got pace and an eye for goal. Toney can also leap like a salmon! Would be a real handful for most defences, certainly in this division.

Best striker in League One? on 15:52 - Oct 6 with 832 viewsitfc48

Ironically I think Peterborough only made their move for him once we'd beaten them to Jackson.
Best striker in League One? on 16:44 - Oct 6 with 820 viewsbournemouthblue

Best striker in League One? on 15:52 - Oct 6 by itfc48

Ironically I think Peterborough only made their move for him once we'd beaten them to Jackson.

For me there was always player in there with Jackson, you can't teach his athleticism

He was obviously pretty raw when we signed him and we used him badly. He probably wasn't quite Championship standard and may still not be, his touch looks a little suspect however a bit of confidence, decent coaching and system which actually suits him has done him plenty of good.

Norwood has gone through a bad patch, he must have been carrying an injury also but even without goals he seems an intelligent player and willing to get amongst it which will serve him well in a team with or without goals. As long as he is putting in a shift, bringing others into play and contributing to our play, he is doing a job.

Obviously we still have Sears to come back who again may benefit from this brand of football that Lambert offers.

Keane is more physical outlet and can develop also if we can keep him fit for any length of time.

You also have Rowe who can work as a Number 10 and who himself may develop into a useful option playing behind the frontman.

We will see, we are clearly in a better place than we were last season and can progress as a side, rather than simply treading water under McCarthy.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 16:45]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Best striker in League One? on 20:02 - Dec 3 with 667 viewsmidastouch

Sorry if this vid has already been posted but I've only just seen the Toney goal from the weekend, wow!

Hate to say it but I'd swap Jackson, Norwood and probably half a dozen more of ours for Toney in the blink of an eye! I heard recently that Posh have quoted 12 million for Toney (not sure if it's paper talk) and while that might sound a lot for a League One player, I'd say in the crazy modern transfer market I reckon he'd be well worth a Premier League team taking a punt on at that price. There are plenty of strikers in the Premier League that will never hit a goal as sweet as that last wonder goal from Toney in their whole career. If somebody doesn't make a big move for him in the January transfer window I'll be very surprised.

Best striker in League One? on 20:31 - Dec 3 with 637 viewsstrikalite

Best striker in League One? on 20:02 - Dec 3 by midastouch

Sorry if this vid has already been posted but I've only just seen the Toney goal from the weekend, wow!

Hate to say it but I'd swap Jackson, Norwood and probably half a dozen more of ours for Toney in the blink of an eye! I heard recently that Posh have quoted 12 million for Toney (not sure if it's paper talk) and while that might sound a lot for a League One player, I'd say in the crazy modern transfer market I reckon he'd be well worth a Premier League team taking a punt on at that price. There are plenty of strikers in the Premier League that will never hit a goal as sweet as that last wonder goal from Toney in their whole career. If somebody doesn't make a big move for him in the January transfer window I'll be very surprised.

Confidence plays a big part and scoring goals obviously helps with that, how many players would have taken that volley first time like that? The ones with goals behind them and confident enough to give it a go I think...but yes, Toney is bang at it right now..

Rumours are they wouldn't sell in January for £13m! I think that would only be the case if they weren't sitting really pretty at the top, but you never know with DM, if Pboro did go up then they know they'll get at least that anyway..

Toney(Sunday), Ward and Maddison are all up for goal of the season so far with goals from well outside the box, something we seriously lack throughout our squad, if you don't shoot.............
Best striker in League One? on 21:28 - Dec 3 with 609 viewsmidastouch

Best striker in League One? on 20:31 - Dec 3 by strikalite

Confidence plays a big part and scoring goals obviously helps with that, how many players would have taken that volley first time like that? The ones with goals behind them and confident enough to give it a go I think...but yes, Toney is bang at it right now..

Rumours are they wouldn't sell in January for £13m! I think that would only be the case if they weren't sitting really pretty at the top, but you never know with DM, if Pboro did go up then they know they'll get at least that anyway..

Toney(Sunday), Ward and Maddison are all up for goal of the season so far with goals from well outside the box, something we seriously lack throughout our squad, if you don't shoot.............

Peterborough United's Toney, Maddison & Eisa - more prolific than Salah and co:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50480510

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024