Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anything actually happen in speedway 10:39 - Sep 29 with 4564 viewsMaySixth

apart from the person who leads at the first bend always ends up winning the race?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 19:22 - Sep 29 with 1411 viewsMeadowlark

I have another question.

What does it mean when they sometimes say they got "paid for" points? Often hear the summary on Radio Suffolk and they say this. Never understood it.
Does anything actually happen in speedway on 19:45 - Sep 29 with 1388 viewsitfcjoe

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 19:22 - Sep 29 by Meadowlark

I have another question.

What does it mean when they sometimes say they got "paid for" points? Often hear the summary on Radio Suffolk and they say this. Never understood it.

Basically if you finish behind your team mate you get paid for an extra point, because you wouldn't try and overtake them and race as a team.

So in a 5-1 when winner gets 3, his team mate will get 2(+1) and paid for the 3

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 20:46 - Sep 29 with 1350 viewsMeadowlark

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 19:45 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

Basically if you finish behind your team mate you get paid for an extra point, because you wouldn't try and overtake them and race as a team.

Thanks. I've wondered about that for ages and never ever seen it explained before.
Much appreciated.
(I think I understand!)
So does that mean that a 5-1 win always becomes a paid 6-1 win?

Edit. Ignore that. I just found this online.

"These are awarded in meetings where two riders from one team race against two riders from another team in the same heat (e.g. league matches, pairs competitions). A rider scores a bonus point if they finish in second place behind their partner (in a 5-1 or 5-0 score), or in third place with their partner in second place (in a 3-3 score).

This rule is intended to stop team-mates from racing each other. Bonus points count towards a rider's score (and hence their average), but DO NOT count towards their team's score.

A rider scoring a paid maximum has not been beaten by an opponent, but has finished one or more heats in second place behind a team-mate. For example, his/her results might be 3 2* 3 2*, which represents a 10+2 paid maximum (the same as a 12 point maximum)."
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 20:51]
Does anything actually happen in speedway on 22:00 - Sep 29 with 1321 viewsTrequartista

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 19:45 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

Can you still bring in a guest rider i.e. some random rider from another team if your rider is injured? Like to see them try that in football.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 1 with 1210 viewsMaySixth

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:45 - Sep 29 by brogansnose

The horses are more into ketamine, its the little people on their backs that do the coke.

On the subject of speedway, people riding bikes with no brakes sliding round corners at 80 + miles an hour and mainly steering with their bodies, yeah, I love it. Some tracks are easier to pass on than others but as with everything, if you're not going to invest the time in getting to grips with it, then do something else with your time and don't come onto forums displaying your ignorance.

Edit; not aimed at you Swanners btw.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 12:46]

I watched it for 30 mins on BT sport and the same thing happened in every race.

I wasn't taking the p**s, just a simple question as I was probably missing something
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 13:16]

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:15 - Oct 1 with 1210 viewsMaySixth

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:58 - Sep 29 by sundaze

To be fair to the OP, I don't think he was moaning, just asking a question.
I have followed the Witches for forty years or more, but I have never seen so many 5-1 results as there were over the two play off fixtures. But who cares, the WItches have beaten the reigning champs and are in the Final in their first season back in the Premiership.
The feel good days are definitely back in Ipswich.

Thanks

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:18 - Oct 1 with 1206 viewsSwansea_Blue

I used to enjoy cycling out to Foxhall Stadium across the heath when I was a kid and perring through the fence at either the speedway or the bangor racing.

TWTD.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:19 - Oct 1 with 1205 viewsStokieBlue

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:34 - Sep 29 by Swansea_Blue

F1 has to be the biggie here, Shirley?

'Aaaand we go live to the grid at the Australian Grand Prix for another afternoon of tense racing action...'

Been a number of good F1 races this year actually.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:23 - Oct 1 with 1197 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:19 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

Been a number of good F1 races this year actually.

SB

I gave up watching a while ago so wouldn't actually know. It's all on Sky now isn't it? I used to enjoy it back in the day when it was on terrestrial, but much the same with cricket pretty much stopped watching when it went to a paid platform.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 12:00 - Oct 2 with 1129 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 13:08 - Sep 29 by brogansnose

I used to go to Mildenhall during that era funny enough PJ. I loved it, although the Fen Tigers were quite often the whipping boys of the National League. I think I've done Ipswich, Rye House, Poole, P'boro, Coventry, Wimbledon, Hackney, Workington and of course Kings Lynn who with all that yellow and green I had down as bloomin' Norwich so I was really anti them and Terry Betts.

Apologies to the OP, I was a bit harsh in my reply as Sundaze kindly pointed out.

Fen Tigers back in the 70's weren't that bad. I've no recollection of it, but i see them win the NL at Scunthorpe (i was only 6 monthe old)

'Does anything actually happen in speedway' Yes & no, usually entertaining but the TV doesn't show the whole picture. You can get some very poor meetings of rider 1ST out the gate wins, then you could watch a top meeting or GP and you wouldn't know who's going to win until the last turn. Certainly watching from a stand at Foxhall is better than watching on the box. This will sound weird, but the smell alone will coax you into going a 2nd time. Strange but true!.

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:35 - Oct 2 with 1101 viewsBigManBlue

Speedway is the only motorsport I've ever gotten into, but some tracks are pretty bad for the issue described in the OP.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 14:30 - Oct 2 with 1075 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 11:57 - Sep 29 by wkj

I honestly cant see the appeal in F1 now. It has become so technical now I often forget that it is a race and not just a high speed engineering exhibit.

Real racing aficionados are all about Redbull Soapbox racing these days.

F1 is about as fast and thrilling as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 14:31 - Oct 2 with 1075 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anything actually happen in speedway, nfl, wrestling or horse racing? (n/t) on 17:25 - Sep 29 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s utter nonsense. Just 100% utter complete total nonsense.

I won’t be having a bet in the Arc next week and yet it’s been the flat race I’ve looked forward to most all season. Enable going for history as the first filly to win the race three times.

Lol. Come on Romford. Nobody is turning up to watch tiny people ride around on horses if they can't make some money.

Take off yo blinkers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 15:13 - Oct 2 with 1053 viewsjeera

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 13:18 - Oct 1 by Swansea_Blue

I used to enjoy cycling out to Foxhall Stadium across the heath when I was a kid and perring through the fence at either the speedway or the bangor racing.

TWTD.

Bangor racing?

Is that donkey races with the jockeys wearing 'Kiss Me Quick' hats or something?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 15:14 - Oct 2 with 1051 viewssundaze

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 14:30 - Oct 2 by SpruceMoose

Real racing aficionados are all about Redbull Soapbox racing these days.

F1 is about as fast and thrilling as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

F1 is still the fastest form of motor racing, if you were trackside at somewhere like Monza, Silverstone or Spa you would have an idea of the speed of those machines.
The problem is the street circuits, too narrow and the straights are too short for overtakes.

I realise you don't like it, so I guess you don't watch it in the first place, that's fine, everyone has a choice. I don't enjoy horse racing, but I have no problem with people such as Rommy having their fun.
Does anything actually happen in speedway on 15:22 - Oct 2 with 1046 viewsSpruceMoose

Does anything actually happen in speedway on 15:14 - Oct 2 by sundaze

F1 is still the fastest form of motor racing, if you were trackside at somewhere like Monza, Silverstone or Spa you would have an idea of the speed of those machines.
The problem is the street circuits, too narrow and the straights are too short for overtakes.

I realise you don't like it, so I guess you don't watch it in the first place, that's fine, everyone has a choice. I don't enjoy horse racing, but I have no problem with people such as Rommy having their fun.

On the contrary, I used to really enjoy F1. Like most sports however, it's been ruined. I don't see why I have to shut up about that particularly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024