Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? 18:07 - Sep 27 with 936 viewsunstableblue

After fleetwood and ignoring our B team outing against Gillingham it’s looking like a long break, so resting players such as downes seems unnecessary. I think Garbutt is a shoe in.

–––––-–––––Holy
–––Chambers–Skuse–-The Wolf
KVY–––––––––––––––––––-Garbutt
––––––Downes––-–-–Huws
–––––––––-–-Judge
––––––-Jackson–––Norwood

I wonder if Dozzell will get a surprise start?!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 18:20]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:09 - Sep 27 with 917 viewsHerbivore

I expect us to start with more than 10 players and to probably go back to 4-4-2.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 7:38]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:09 - Sep 27 with 920 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm going for 11 players to start with.

Pronouns: He/Him

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:10 - Sep 27 with 912 viewsPJH

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:09 - Sep 27 by Darth_Koont

Maybe playing just 10 players is the new system?
So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:12 - Sep 27 with 908 viewsfactual_blue

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:10 - Sep 27 by PJH

Maybe playing just 10 players is the new system?

'It's harder to play against ten men'

(Says every manager whose team fail to beat a team reduced to ten men)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:12 - Sep 27 with 906 viewsPJH

Dozzell had a surprise start last week, doubt if he will get another one yet.
So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:21 - Sep 27 with 874 viewsunstableblue

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:09 - Sep 27 by Darth_Koont

Sorry Darth.... dropped a clanger! EDITED

Team looks a lot better now,,,

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:37 - Sep 27 with 849 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 07:39 - Sep 28 with 662 viewsHerbivore

I don't really get playing Skuse at centre back when he's been running ting in midfield all season.

Login to get fewer ads

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 07:48 - Sep 28 with 649 viewsDubtractor

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:37 - Sep 27 by SitfcB

Us winning games has stunted your ability to have meaningful digs at Lambo hasn't it?

Come on mate, just enjoy us winning games. Last season was awful, Lambert did a mostly crap job on the pitch which would have seen most managers relieved of their job, but here we are sitting pretty at the top of the league.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 08:29 - Sep 28 with 610 viewsCokeIsKey

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 07:39 - Sep 28 by Herbivore

I don't really get playing Skuse at centre back when he's been running ting in midfield all season.

It allows him Downes and Huws to all be on the pitch at the same time, but most importantly it means we can switch to 4-1-2-1-2 easily if needed.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 08:48 - Sep 28 with 588 viewsDarth_Koont

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 18:21 - Sep 27 by unstableblue

Sorry Darth.... dropped a clanger! EDITED

Team looks a lot better now,,,

No worries. Looks better now and I think Jackson is pretty important to how we play with his willingness to run the channels.

Although with two strikers, we return to the Judge conundrum again with him as an attacking midfielder/Number 10 or whatever that is. Thought he had one of his best games in a legitimate free role up front where doing what he wanted didn't have a negative impact on the formation.

If we could properly harness his energy and willingness to attack we could be looking the real deal even as a team returning to the Championship. But I'm starting to worry that's not going to happen and using 1 or more of Georgiou, Nolan, Huws, Dozzell, Dobra, El Mizouni etc.might be better in the long term.

Pronouns: He/Him

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 08:56 - Sep 28 with 570 viewsHerbivore

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 08:29 - Sep 28 by CokeIsKey

It allows him Downes and Huws to all be on the pitch at the same time, but most importantly it means we can switch to 4-1-2-1-2 easily if needed.

Just play a midfield diamond or a 4-3-3 then. He's a midfielder who is playing well in midfield, no reason to drop him back to centre back.

So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 09:38 - Sep 28 with 537 viewsStewart27

I like the 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 whatever you call it.

However I would stick with Wilson and play Skuse with Downes instead of Huws.

Then the number 10 spot is up for grabs:

Huws
Nolan
Dozzell
Judge

We’re spoilt!
So blue hive mind... what’s the system and selection tomorrow ?? on 09:38 - Sep 28 with 537 viewspointofblue

Goodness knows but I think I'd go with:

Holy
KVY - Chambers - Woolfenden - Garbutt
Skuse
Downes - Huws
Judge
Jackson - Norwood

Substitutes: Norris, Wilson, Edwards, Georgiou, Dozzell, Nolan, Keane

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024