Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? 20:08 - Sep 4 with 5370 viewsnoggin

Even his own MPs think he's a dick.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:48 - Sep 4 with 2331 viewsGlasgowBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:46 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

The SDP ceased to exist in 1988

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SDP%E2%80%93Liberal_Alliance

The SDP is still going.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:54 - Sep 4 with 2321 viewsWeWereZombies

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:48 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

The SDP is still going.

No, that is the Liberal Democrats

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:59 - Sep 4 with 2311 viewsRyorry

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:41 - Sep 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure how that one works.

He is stuffed if he doesn't restore the whip because most of them will stand, are popular and big names so will either split the vote or possibly win as independents. If he does restore it he is seen as weak and loses the support of those who have warmed to his hard line no deal or bust. He has painted himself into a corner that seems highly unlikely to be able to escape from.

I don't think he wants a general election but somehow seems to think the hollow threat will bring about some support for him. I can't see how his thinking works.

His "thinking" seems to come a distant second best to his ambition, craze for power and bank balance - hence him apparently leaving most of the "thinking" to Cummings ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 22:04 - Sep 4 with 2297 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:59 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

His "thinking" seems to come a distant second best to his ambition, craze for power and bank balance - hence him apparently leaving most of the "thinking" to Cummings ...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/dominic-cummings-stank-of-booze-in-jeremy-

Is it just me that thinks Cummings bears more than a passing resemblance to Gollum?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 22:06]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 22:08 - Sep 4 with 2285 viewsGlasgowBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:54 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

No, that is the Liberal Democrats

Patrick O’Flynne defected to the SDP just last year giving them a MEP for a short while.

https://sdp.org.uk/

Iron Lion Zion

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 22:45 - Sep 4 with 2238 viewsfactual_blue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:08 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Hoist by his own p'tard

I think 'he's spilt wine on his own sofa' is a better metaphor.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 22:59 - Sep 4 with 2220 viewsEireannach_gorm

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 21:46 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

The SDP ceased to exist in 1988

Clearly meant SNP.
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 23:31 - Sep 4 with 2194 viewsBlueBadger

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:35 - Sep 4 by jas0999

Agreed but Corbyn is no better.

Boris was making the Dear Leader look competent today in PMQ's. Think on that.
'I have a letter from Mrs Trellis in North Wales' looked like an accomplished parlimentarian today.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 03:25 - Sep 5 with 2165 viewsWeWereZombies

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 22:08 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

Patrick O’Flynne defected to the SDP just last year giving them a MEP for a short while.

https://sdp.org.uk/

I don't think that is going to give them the decisive hand in determining the outcome that Bloom_Blue referred to...

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 03:27 - Sep 5 with 2163 viewsWeWereZombies

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 22:59 - Sep 4 by Eireannach_gorm

Clearly meant SNP.

I suspected he meant SNP but you can never be sure on TWTD.

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 06:52 - Sep 5 with 2117 viewsBlueRaider

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 20:22 - Sep 4 by giant_stow

Reading more and more stuff agreeing with you, but not really understanding the thinking - can't he still win an election?

He can, and he might well. He can now have his GE, portray it as a single issue election, make some sort of pact with Farage and take advantage of the fact that the remain side is made up of several parties. He is an effective campaigner and he might have played the game well here. Hopefully we’ll just get a decisive result so Brexit can be resolved one way or another as there are many other things to deal with

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:02 - Sep 5 with 2109 viewsBloomBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 03:27 - Sep 5 by WeWereZombies

I suspected he meant SNP but you can never be sure on TWTD.

Yes sorry I meant SNP. One beer too many at the George last night and reading the Evening Standard reminded me of that great Clough/Revie live football debate between the 2 of them in 1974 just after Clough left Leeds having replaced Revie as Manager.
It was brilliant, but with the thought of that and the beers I think I fully transported back to 74 and used SDP instead of SNP
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:09 - Sep 5 with 2100 viewsWeWereZombies

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:02 - Sep 5 by BloomBlue

Yes sorry I meant SNP. One beer too many at the George last night and reading the Evening Standard reminded me of that great Clough/Revie live football debate between the 2 of them in 1974 just after Clough left Leeds having replaced Revie as Manager.
It was brilliant, but with the thought of that and the beers I think I fully transported back to 74 and used SDP instead of SNP

That's fine, I knew you meant SNP but had to uphold the TWTD pedantry tradition.

However, Clough, Revie and 1974 was seven years before the SDP was formed...but only four years after the SDLP was formed...

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:26 - Sep 5 with 2091 viewsPinewoodblue

The key to the general election will be in the 140+ Labour held seats where, in the referendum, there was a majority for leave.

These are the seats The Brexit party will target hoping to win over enough Labour voters to let the Tories in. Boris just has to hope that his own support remembers they still have to vote blue. Second part maybe a bit of an ask.

It has been these Labour MPs who have blocked Brexit, not the rebel Tories.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:49 - Sep 5 with 2069 viewsBloomBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:09 - Sep 5 by WeWereZombies

That's fine, I knew you meant SNP but had to uphold the TWTD pedantry tradition.

However, Clough, Revie and 1974 was seven years before the SDP was formed...but only four years after the SDLP was formed...

Yes but what you dont know is that in 74 Jenkins,  Owen,  Rodgers and Williams were in the George having a beer/glass of wine discussing starting a new party and I overheard them, hence the 74 connection :-)
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:52 - Sep 5 with 2064 viewsm14_blue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:26 - Sep 5 by Pinewoodblue

The key to the general election will be in the 140+ Labour held seats where, in the referendum, there was a majority for leave.

These are the seats The Brexit party will target hoping to win over enough Labour voters to let the Tories in. Boris just has to hope that his own support remembers they still have to vote blue. Second part maybe a bit of an ask.

Don’t forget the ERG....

If it wasn’t for them we would have been out months ago.
BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 08:27 - Sep 5 with 2028 viewsGlasgowBlue

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 03:25 - Sep 5 by WeWereZombies

I don't think that is going to give them the decisive hand in determining the outcome that Bloom_Blue referred to...

So you accept that the SDP is still going? No need to apologise.

Iron Lion Zion

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 08:29 - Sep 5 with 2028 viewsHerbivore

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 07:26 - Sep 5 by Pinewoodblue

Remind me again, did all of Theresa May's government who put forward the Withdrawal Agreement vote in favour of it? You spin things however you like, but it's incredibly transparent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 08:35 - Sep 5 with 2021 viewsitfcjoe

By definition it is the rebel Tories, they had a majority, and then they still had a majority with the bribe to DUP.

If they can't get their own motions through the house with a majority then it is impossible to blame anyone else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

BJ is finished before he's even started, isn't he? on 10:52 - Sep 5 with 1955 viewsNo9

You mean they are working to stop the UK becoming a third country don't you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024