Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TREVOR KETTLE 18:05 - Aug 29 with 8635 viewsTractorCam

The most well known lower league ref, in charge of us Saturday.

Welp.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:28 - Aug 30 with 679 viewssparks

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:27 - Aug 30 by JakeITFC

Either way, his interpretation of the rules is different to everybody else’s and that is a problem (one way or the other).

If he allows it and then blows for time afterwards, he faces fury from the other side- especially if he shows his watch to them and its OVER the time he said would be added on...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:50 - Aug 30 with 660 viewsJakeITFC

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:28 - Aug 30 by sparks

If he allows it and then blows for time afterwards, he faces fury from the other side- especially if he shows his watch to them and its OVER the time he said would be added on...

Time added on is a minimum, but I think my point still stands - the scoring side can feel hard done by because in every other game in the country it’s likely that goal would stand (regardless of the actual rules).
TREVOR KETTLE on 09:05 - Aug 30 with 656 viewsSuperfrans

TREVOR KETTLE on 18:53 - Aug 29 by EastTownBlue

Must have given this incident

Is that Kettle? Then he's an utter moron. That's a ridiculous, attention seeking decision.

Oh dear.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

TREVOR KETTLE on 09:13 - Aug 30 with 648 viewsSuperfrans

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:15 - Aug 29 by sparks

So what does he do. His watch hits time shortly before the goal. Does he unfairly prejudice the defending team by playing extra to give the attacker a chance to score?

Convention - and what referees are encouraged to do - is to allow play to run until the ball heads into a neutral area. Blowing the whistle when the ball is bouncing round the six yard box is a blatant attention-seeking act. Ridiculous, egotistical thing to do.

TREVOR KETTLE on 09:26 - Aug 30 with 638 viewsSwansea_Blue

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:10 - Aug 29 by sparks

Out of interest- what should he do there? Blow early in case a goal is scored, or let time run on to allow a goal, when time is actually up?

There's no specific law to cover this. You would normally expect added on time at the end of a half, and the only reference to the timing of this is that 'The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced'. So it's at the ref's discretion when to blow the whistle beyond 45'+ any added time.

I think we all know that in the example above refs would normally let such a phase of play complete - it's exceedingly harsh since the shot was taken before the whistle was first blown.

Kettle should have had his chips for that imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TREVOR KETTLE on 09:31 - Aug 30 with 635 viewsSuperfrans

TREVOR KETTLE on 09:26 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

There's no specific law to cover this. You would normally expect added on time at the end of a half, and the only reference to the timing of this is that 'The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced'. So it's at the ref's discretion when to blow the whistle beyond 45'+ any added time.

I think we all know that in the example above refs would normally let such a phase of play complete - it's exceedingly harsh since the shot was taken before the whistle was first blown.

Kettle should have had his chips for that imo.

I did my refereeing badges many years ago and the Clive Thomas Brazil-Sweden corner came up. The referee instructor had no doubt whatsoever that the goal should have stood.

Of course, that was slightly different, in that the corner provided a break in the play when Thomas could have blown for HT. He should have made a calculated decision to either blow then, or once the passage of play had passed after the corner. Which he didn't.

But the point about allowing a passage of play to complete was reiterated by referee instructor. A sensible referee allows play to continue until the ball rolls into a neutral (or relatively neutral, given circumstances in play) area. It's a matter of common sense, basically.

TREVOR KETTLE on 10:20 - Aug 30 with 619 viewsDeano69

He'll be spouting plenty of hot air.

Lino's are Russell Hobbs and Ken Wood

Picture of Trevor Kettle as a baby - a little water 'otter

I'll get my coat. Apologies in advance to Hoppy...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

TREVOR KETTLE on 10:31 - Aug 30 with 612 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Has he ever refereed the Brewers?
Login to get fewer ads

TREVOR KETTLE on 10:53 - Aug 30 with 605 viewslongtimefan

TREVOR KETTLE on 09:31 - Aug 30 by Superfrans

I did my refereeing badges many years ago and the Clive Thomas Brazil-Sweden corner came up. The referee instructor had no doubt whatsoever that the goal should have stood.

Of course, that was slightly different, in that the corner provided a break in the play when Thomas could have blown for HT. He should have made a calculated decision to either blow then, or once the passage of play had passed after the corner. Which he didn't.

But the point about allowing a passage of play to complete was reiterated by referee instructor. A sensible referee allows play to continue until the ball rolls into a neutral (or relatively neutral, given circumstances in play) area. It's a matter of common sense, basically.

"It's a matter of common sense, basically."

Otherwise know as Law 18 in Referee circles
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024