Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TREVOR KETTLE 18:05 - Aug 29 with 8636 viewsTractorCam

The most well known lower league ref, in charge of us Saturday.

Welp.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:57 - Aug 29 with 4042 viewsEwan_Oozami

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:18 - Aug 29 by JamestownPrince

If he gives lots of decisions against us, he might be DRUMmed out of Town!

Or corral all the players into one corner of the pitch till time's up...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:58 - Aug 29 with 4041 viewsgainsboroughblue

Shame Kevin Bru isn't still with us.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

TREVOR KETTLE on 20:03 - Aug 29 with 4022 viewsTractorCam

TREVOR KETTLE on 18:53 - Aug 29 by EastTownBlue

Must have given this incident

Would be very interesting to see how this would pan out if Flynn Downes has just scored as he blows for half time....

TREVOR KETTLE on 20:48 - Aug 29 with 4003 viewsBrixtonBlue

He's certainly no mug.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

TREVOR KETTLE on 20:57 - Aug 29 with 3997 viewsjeera

TREVOR KETTLE on 18:39 - Aug 29 by WeWereZombies

Glad no one had started to spout off puns on the back of this news...

Just letting off a bit of steam.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TREVOR KETTLE on 21:10 - Aug 29 with 3992 viewsWeWereZombies

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:45 - Aug 29 by ronnyd

Hope his refs gear is nice and crisp.

Oh, the chips are down now...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TREVOR KETTLE on 21:36 - Aug 29 with 3977 viewsFtnfwest

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:15 - Aug 29 by sparks

So what does he do. His watch hits time shortly before the goal. Does he unfairly prejudice the defending team by playing extra to give the attacker a chance to score?

He’d already allowed the passage of play to go on to the point where the guy was a split second from striking the ball towards goal. If time had expired just before then as I say it’s his discretion as to what’s appropriate to add on or not. So it’s his discretion that’s in question here which I would say is poor at the least. Didn’t have you down as one of the VAR generation Bullster!
TREVOR KETTLE on 21:39 - Aug 29 with 3973 viewsJakeITFC

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:43 - Aug 29 by sparks

Are we saying that most refs are not honest about timekeeping and favour5 athe attackign side?

As honest as every other ref in that scenario.

There’s a reason there is a video of this incident - it is unusual.
Login to get fewer ads

TREVOR KETTLE on 21:43 - Aug 29 with 3970 viewsTractorCam

TREVOR KETTLE on 21:39 - Aug 29 by JakeITFC

As honest as every other ref in that scenario.

There’s a reason there is a video of this incident - it is unusual.

Exactly, Accrington scoring in 47:02 when there was 2 minutes added on isn't going to send the Wimbledon defenders/manager into outrage.

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:18 - Aug 29 with 3961 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:19 - Aug 29 with 3956 viewssparks

TREVOR KETTLE on 21:43 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

Exactly, Accrington scoring in 47:02 when there was 2 minutes added on isn't going to send the Wimbledon defenders/manager into outrage.

Arguably however, what happened in this video is scrupulously honest. Which is what one wo0uld generally hope a ref would be in his decision making.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:19 - Aug 29 with 3956 viewsjeera

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:18 - Aug 29 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

These are not jokes for the purifiest.

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:30 - Aug 29 with 3931 viewsNthsuffolkblue

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:19 - Aug 29 by sparks

Arguably however, what happened in this video is scrupulously honest. Which is what one wo0uld generally hope a ref would be in his decision making.

Technically he is correct. However, I think the expectation is that a referee never actually blows for time in the middle of goalmouth action.

It is like if you award a corner you either blow if time is up before it is taken or allow it to play out until either the ball is cleared or there is a natural break in play. The slight difficulty is where there becomes a prolonged goalmouth scramble.

Compare it to cricket where if the umpire is ready before time is up for the session you get an extra over in or until a wicket falls. Quite whether it is to the letter of the law or more an interpretation I don't know because I don't referee. However, other sports (rugby, hockey, etc) have a central timer and so action would halt ion the stroke of time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:37 - Aug 29 with 3928 viewsPinewoodblue

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:30 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Technically he is correct. However, I think the expectation is that a referee never actually blows for time in the middle of goalmouth action.

It is like if you award a corner you either blow if time is up before it is taken or allow it to play out until either the ball is cleared or there is a natural break in play. The slight difficulty is where there becomes a prolonged goalmouth scramble.

Compare it to cricket where if the umpire is ready before time is up for the session you get an extra over in or until a wicket falls. Quite whether it is to the letter of the law or more an interpretation I don't know because I don't referee. However, other sports (rugby, hockey, etc) have a central timer and so action would halt ion the stroke of time.

How often does the ball go out of play for a goalkick, or thowin, and you know as soon as the ball is back in play the halftime whistle will go?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:40 - Aug 29 with 3923 viewsjeera

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:37 - Aug 29 by Pinewoodblue

How often does the ball go out of play for a goalkick, or thowin, and you know as soon as the ball is back in play the halftime whistle will go?

Well quite. You expect that particular segment of play to be played out don't you.

It's different if the clock dies as the ball is being booted aimlessly up the pitch or something.

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:44 - Aug 29 with 3916 viewsWeWereZombies

Doesn't the half finish as soon as the ball goes out of play after the time is up in rugby?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TREVOR KETTLE on 22:45 - Aug 29 with 3915 viewssparks

Thats an explicit rule.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

TREVOR KETTLE on 23:33 - Aug 29 with 3893 viewsjaykay

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:03 - Aug 29 by Ftnfwest

Oh dear a modern day Clive Thomas...we’re in trouble!

this what you mean

that tw@ cost us a f.a. cup final place to.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

TREVOR KETTLE on 00:53 - Aug 30 with 3870 viewsaeldun

I've just read the tea leaves. And they say that he's going to be our ref for the first round of the FA Cuppa.
TREVOR KETTLE on 04:13 - Aug 30 with 3849 viewshoppy

Oh dear. He’s certainly not my cup of tea.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TREVOR KETTLE on 07:34 - Aug 30 with 3805 viewspennblue

He likes a drink apparently, lets hope he does not turn up steaming.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 7:34]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

TREVOR KETTLE on 07:47 - Aug 30 with 3792 viewsSenatorBlue

Sounds like something’s brewing.
TREVOR KETTLE on 08:17 - Aug 30 with 3775 viewsHeathlander

TREVOR KETTLE on 19:15 - Aug 29 by sparks

So what does he do. His watch hits time shortly before the goal. Does he unfairly prejudice the defending team by playing extra to give the attacker a chance to score?

From my referees course i seem to remember if there is an attacking passage of play going on you keep playing until it ends (within reason) so he should of allowed the play to play out rather than blow his whistle for time.

I may have remembered that wrongly though.
TREVOR KETTLE on 08:23 - Aug 30 with 3772 viewssparks

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:17 - Aug 30 by Heathlander

From my referees course i seem to remember if there is an attacking passage of play going on you keep playing until it ends (within reason) so he should of allowed the play to play out rather than blow his whistle for time.

I may have remembered that wrongly though.

Im sure that is what most do. Im not sure its int eh rules though- nor that it necessarily should be what is done.

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:27 - Aug 30 with 3768 viewsJakeITFC

TREVOR KETTLE on 08:23 - Aug 30 by sparks

Im sure that is what most do. Im not sure its int eh rules though- nor that it necessarily should be what is done.

Either way, his interpretation of the rules is different to everybody else’s and that is a problem (one way or the other).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024