Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need some advice on a Watch 16:47 - Aug 15 with 10496 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Looking for something aesthetically pleasing, something that is stylish to wear. Something like a Rolex (but not a Rolex, I definitely cannot afford that). Want it to be analogue, so not something like an Iwatch.

Money wise, I am happy to pay a decent amount if it is worth it. I know that it is a pretty poor description but if anyone could help with possible brands and makes that would be much appreciated.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 16:47]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Need some advice on a Watch on 14:06 - Aug 16 with 971 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Need some advice on a Watch on 13:08 - Aug 16 by nrb1985

Don't think it'll change anytime soon - the big brands are very careful about how much supply they let the market have access to. And while you have Chinese and UAE money coming in then it's likely demand will continue to outstrip supply.

Plus, people have also now cottoned on to using them as a store of value too. Adding further demand.

Being lazy but which others can be flipped easily for a decent profit?
Need some advice on a Watch on 14:07 - Aug 16 with 971 viewsitfcjoe

Need some advice on a Watch on 12:23 - Aug 16 by PrideOfTheEast

Just a Calatrava but it's a lovely watch.

It's been in the back of my mind for a while now to test the water with this so fingers crossed. Surely the bubble will burst at some point?

If you ensure you get watches that are in short supply then the bubble doesn't really burst - but you have to get on waiting lists at jewellers, and sometimes take watches that you don't really want to ensure you are still seen as a viable option when one comes in.

The Daytona I spoke about earlier in the thread was £7k, but a stainless steel one is so rare that you could have made 50% on it that day, and a lot more by now, but my Dad wanted to keep it anyway.

I think flipping for double in a day is pushing it, but if you just focus on certain types of watches - the easiest is probably stainless steel Rolex sports watches, then you'll generally be ok as they are still tough to get hold of, and still in demand as at a more achievable end of the market. Daytona, Pepsi GMT, the Hulk Submariner, or any other limited edition pieces and you are laughing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Need some advice on a Watch on 15:05 - Aug 16 with 947 viewshampstead_blue

Need some advice on a Watch on 14:07 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

If you ensure you get watches that are in short supply then the bubble doesn't really burst - but you have to get on waiting lists at jewellers, and sometimes take watches that you don't really want to ensure you are still seen as a viable option when one comes in.

The Daytona I spoke about earlier in the thread was £7k, but a stainless steel one is so rare that you could have made 50% on it that day, and a lot more by now, but my Dad wanted to keep it anyway.

I think flipping for double in a day is pushing it, but if you just focus on certain types of watches - the easiest is probably stainless steel Rolex sports watches, then you'll generally be ok as they are still tough to get hold of, and still in demand as at a more achievable end of the market. Daytona, Pepsi GMT, the Hulk Submariner, or any other limited edition pieces and you are laughing

I had a blue faced steel and gold sub, the 16613. The one with the gold running through the clasp.

If I'd kept it I would more than double my money. It's strange how the flucutate. 12 months after I bought it they were £700 less on ebay, sh of course.

Bought it in 2001 I think from Dream Watches. https://www.dream-watches.co.uk/
Dane Colletta is the chap and is a really nice guy.

He can source Rolex if you want

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Need some advice on a Watch on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 933 viewsnrb1985

Need some advice on a Watch on 14:06 - Aug 16 by PrideOfTheEast

Being lazy but which others can be flipped easily for a decent profit?

Any of the Audemars, Pateks or Rollies with long wait lists.

If you can get your hands on one at retail price you can probably sell for anything up to double.

BUT - I'm told the brands in question actually employ people now to scan places like chrono24 and watchmaster etc to see if anyone has flipped their recent purchase. If caught then you'll be black listed and might find it hard to get a good watch in the future.

I wouldn't do it personally. Buy it, use it, keep it and enjoy it.
Need some advice on a Watch on 16:53 - Aug 16 with 921 viewshampstead_blue

Need some advice on a Watch on 15:49 - Aug 16 by nrb1985

Any of the Audemars, Pateks or Rollies with long wait lists.

If you can get your hands on one at retail price you can probably sell for anything up to double.

BUT - I'm told the brands in question actually employ people now to scan places like chrono24 and watchmaster etc to see if anyone has flipped their recent purchase. If caught then you'll be black listed and might find it hard to get a good watch in the future.

I wouldn't do it personally. Buy it, use it, keep it and enjoy it.

You don't always need to flip it quickly.

My Sub, 16613, was sold for nearly double and I'd had it for three or four years.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Need some advice on a Watch on 13:13 - Aug 17 with 859 viewsglasso

I'm firmly in the smartwatch camp now (good for running, swimming and music things as well as being a watch!), but if I was going down the analogue route now I'd go for one of these 0% finance places. Some of them do second hand watches so you're getting a decent deal, and shipping out £100 a month or something for a watch that probably won't lose value because it's a luxury item seems like a decent deal...

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/services/0-apr-representative
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024