Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst lunch ever competition 14:51 - Aug 15 with 13071 viewsBrixtonBlue

I win, surely? Today I had two almonds for lunch. Not even kidding. By order of my personal trainer last night, I had to have a big breakfast this morning... and then 2 almonds every 4 hours is all I'm allowed to eat until dinner.

I think he might've been on a wind-up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Worst lunch ever competition on 18:52 - Aug 15 with 2784 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 17:38 - Aug 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, I’m shocked that starting (presumably regular) exercise and starving yourself has led to weight loss

Your PT must be a genius

What part of "for the first time" are you struggling with?!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Worst lunch ever competition on 19:08 - Aug 15 with 2753 viewsJ2BLUE

Worst lunch ever competition on 16:44 - Aug 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I eat the type of meals you describe (protein rich, healthy carbs and fats) and am always hungry, but then I eat 6 times a day so think my body is used to always processing food

Interestingly though said diet does pretty much the same as Dolly is looking to achieve - although I’m fairly confident that it’s actually the exercise that goes with it that makes the main difference

I’m also fairly confident that these things aren’t rocket science unless you’re after a specific body shape goal - eg. Eating healthier + regular exercise = weight loss, QED

I can't imagine your meals are that big to eat 6 times a day. Why do you eat 6 times a day? Preference or something else?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worst lunch ever competition on 20:19 - Aug 15 with 2722 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Worst lunch ever competition on 15:42 - Aug 15 by footers

Dry dick loser.

Wtf is even going on in this thread now? Some of y'all would have a heart attack eating at my gaff.

Millennials, probably.

All around to footers towers for deep fried haslet & chips then.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Worst lunch ever competition on 20:30 - Aug 15 with 2705 viewsfooters

Worst lunch ever competition on 20:19 - Aug 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

All around to footers towers for deep fried haslet & chips then.

Did everyone used to have a proper chip pan that was constantly caked in lard? I'm remembering my nanny's stove and thinking about cooking those chips and haslet in it right now... Phwoar!

But mate, problem is I still can't get my hands on any!

#prayforfooters #justhasletthings

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Worst lunch ever competition on 20:52 - Aug 15 with 2690 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Worst lunch ever competition on 20:30 - Aug 15 by footers

Did everyone used to have a proper chip pan that was constantly caked in lard? I'm remembering my nanny's stove and thinking about cooking those chips and haslet in it right now... Phwoar!

But mate, problem is I still can't get my hands on any!

#prayforfooters #justhasletthings

The chip pan was a thing of beauty back in the day dear boy. Straight down to the squash court after, a quick gym session, then the bar for a couple of pints.
I liked to keep in shape, just that most weeks, the shape was a sack of spuds.

Shame about the haslet conundrum mate.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Lol, you're still such a numpty sweetcheeks on 20:56 - Aug 15 with 2687 viewsDyland

Worst lunch ever competition on 15:18 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

My body shape has transformed since using this particular trainer, so laugh all you want.

nft x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

lollers on 20:57 - Aug 15 with 2685 viewsDyland

Worst lunch ever competition on 15:30 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

Oh Jesus F Christ, I wish I hadn't started this thread now. It was supposed to be a lighthearted "crap lunches" thread.

No, I haven't seen his certificates. Despite working at a respected gym for many years he's probably a charlatan. You're quite right.

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Worst lunch ever competition on 21:04 - Aug 15 with 2673 viewsjeera

Worst lunch ever competition on 15:30 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

Oh Jesus F Christ, I wish I hadn't started this thread now. It was supposed to be a lighthearted "crap lunches" thread.

No, I haven't seen his certificates. Despite working at a respected gym for many years he's probably a charlatan. You're quite right.

When you pay peanuts...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst lunch ever competition on 21:10 - Aug 15 with 2665 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst lunch ever competition on 18:52 - Aug 15 by BrixtonBlue

What part of "for the first time" are you struggling with?!

Your body shape has transformed since using this trainer in 1 day?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Worst lunch ever competition on 21:14 - Aug 15 with 2657 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst lunch ever competition on 19:08 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

I can't imagine your meals are that big to eat 6 times a day. Why do you eat 6 times a day? Preference or something else?

Constant source of carbs and protein, keep the metabolism going and energy up. Also I really like eating

So for example, today:

Breakfast - overnight oats with protein powder, chopped almonds and an apple
Brunch - peanut butter and banana wholemeal sandwich
Lunch - chickpea and kidney bean salad with quorn chicken and Greek vinaigrette dressing (hello Callis)
Mid afternoon - protein shake with creatine (arguably not a meal admittedly)
Dinner - brown rice, prawns, avocado, cucumber and chive bowl with sriracha mayonnaise

And will have a bowl of cottage cheese with chopped tomato before bed

Worst lunch ever competition on 22:08 - Aug 15 with 2631 viewsfactual_blue

Are you paying for this ill-considered mumbo-jumbo?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/daily-diet-of-almonds-is-no-magic-solution

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Worst lunch ever competition on 22:12 - Aug 15 with 2624 viewsjeera

Worst lunch ever competition on 22:08 - Aug 15 by factual_blue

Are you paying for this ill-considered mumbo-jumbo?

https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/daily-diet-of-almonds-is-no-magic-solution

"... researchers from the University of Florida and was funded by the Almond Board of California..."

It's Dr Hoffman of Stuttgart all over...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worst lunch ever competition on 09:57 - Aug 16 with 2528 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 21:10 - Aug 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your body shape has transformed since using this trainer in 1 day?

Ok, I'll spell it out as simply as I can as I can't use crayons on the internet.

1. I've been training with this guy for ages. It has transformed my body shape (you do sooo much more with a trainer than you would on your own (weight and reps)... let alone doing them properly!)

2. The other day he suggested the fasting thing for the first time.

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:04 - Aug 16 with 2516 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst lunch ever competition on 09:57 - Aug 16 by BrixtonBlue

Ok, I'll spell it out as simply as I can as I can't use crayons on the internet.

1. I've been training with this guy for ages. It has transformed my body shape (you do sooo much more with a trainer than you would on your own (weight and reps)... let alone doing them properly!)

Were you going to the gym or doing any other regular intense exercise before using them?

And have you made any other diet changes since using them?

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:11 - Aug 16 with 2507 viewsNewcyBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 09:57 - Aug 16 by BrixtonBlue

Dollers, get a training partner. You do so much more with one of them, and best of all they are free.

Nobody knows your own body better than you. Try new things sure. I doubt 2 cashew nuts are going to make any difference to your fast period and it’s just a mental trick for you.

My biggest problem is portion control. At work I eat a lot, I need the energy. It’s a physical job at times, and I work day and night. The galley isn’t open 24/7. Due to my working time I am on a forced fast between 1730 and 1130 the next morning. Some trips I can lose 10kgs. I didn’t last trip. The food was awful and I ended up over eating. Luckily I didn’t put weight on. But I didn’t lose it. I normally put weight on when I am home.

I don’t enjoy cardio, I drop muscle quickly with it. I like to do compound lifts and throw in some body weight stuff, burpee pull ups are my favourite warm up.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:23 - Aug 16 with 2494 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All p*ss taking aside I mentioned this to my mate who is a PT this morning. Certainly not expecting Dolly to pay one bit of notice to this (and rightly so as I wouldn’t either if I was happy with the results I was getting from a PT) but thought I’d share as found it interesting and judging by the number of replies others do too

Easiest in bullet form:
- Initial reaction laughter at the 2 almond thing. Confirmed almonds make a very good snack choice in moderation but couldn’t understand the logic behind 2 at a time, just as easy to have a handful as a mid-afternoon snack. Assumed some sort of pseudo-science but interested to know the actual reasoning
- Fasting a common method and effective, although usually for more specific or dedicated gym-goers than what Dolly indicates. Also noted there is debate over health consequences but does it himself
- Confirms the diet should gain results but suggests Dollers will get similar results from just eating 3 decent, reasonably sized meals a day plus healthy snacks
- Noted you could ask 100 PT’s and get 100 different opinions so what they say (him included) isn’t gospel. Different things work for different people
- Pointed out that PT’s are not nutritionists - and whilst they have to have some knowledge in this area they’re not necessarily experts. Also noted that it isn’t uncommon for PT’s to end up at extremes based on their own experiences and people they interact with on this subject (ie. likely to take interest in diets of people with particularly impressive physiques and lean on these, with said diets likely to be extreme)
- Finally mentioned he had seen cases where PT’s push more radical ideas to standard customers (ie. they want to lose weight) to try and perceive more value in the customers mind. Eg. just providing ‘simple’ nutrition advice and putting the customer through their paces may lead to the customer thinking they can do this themselves and don’t need the PT. Doesn’t sound the case here with stated goals and length of time Dolly alludes too but an interesting point

Good thread Dollers 👍🏻
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 11:35]

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:27 - Aug 16 with 2480 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:04 - Aug 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Were you going to the gym or doing any other regular intense exercise before using them?

And have you made any other diet changes since using them?

I was cycling to work and going to the gym once or twice a week - but obviously not doing anywhere near the intensity of having a PT.

I haven't made any other diet changes... other than giving up booze for a year.

What are you desperately trying to prove here?

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:29 - Aug 16 with 2474 viewsSarge

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:23 - Aug 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

All p*ss taking aside I mentioned this to my mate who is a PT this morning. Certainly not expecting Dolly to pay one bit of notice to this (and rightly so as I wouldn’t either if I was happy with the results I was getting from a PT) but thought I’d share as found it interesting and judging by the number of replies others do too

Easiest in bullet form:
- Initial reaction laughter at the 2 almond thing. Confirmed almonds make a very good snack choice in moderation but couldn’t understand the logic behind 2 at a time, just as easy to have a handful as a mid-afternoon snack. Assumed some sort of pseudo-science but interested to know the actual reasoning
- Fasting a common method and effective, although usually for more specific or dedicated gym-goers than what Dolly indicates. Also noted there is debate over health consequences but does it himself
- Confirms the diet should gain results but suggests Dollers will get similar results from just eating 3 decent, reasonably sized meals a day plus healthy snacks
- Noted you could ask 100 PT’s and get 100 different opinions so what they say (him included) isn’t gospel. Different things work for different people
- Pointed out that PT’s are not nutritionists - and whilst they have to have some knowledge in this area they’re not necessarily experts. Also noted that it isn’t uncommon for PT’s to end up at extremes based on their own experiences and people they interact with on this subject (ie. likely to take interest in diets of people with particularly impressive physiques and lean on these, with said diets likely to be extreme)
- Finally mentioned he had seen cases where PT’s push more radical ideas to standard customers (ie. they want to lose weight) to try and perceive more value in the customers mind. Eg. just providing ‘simple’ nutrition advice and putting the customer through their paces may lead to the customer thinking they can do this themselves and don’t need the PT. Doesn’t sound the case here with stated goals and length of time Dolly alludes too but an interesting point

Good thread Dollers 👍🏻

Do you have any bad lunch anecdotes though? That’s what this thread was about and what we all came for! Food threads are in short supply here.
Worst lunch ever competition on 10:33 - Aug 16 with 2467 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:11 - Aug 16 by NewcyBlue

Dollers, get a training partner. You do so much more with one of them, and best of all they are free.

Nobody knows your own body better than you. Try new things sure. I doubt 2 cashew nuts are going to make any difference to your fast period and it’s just a mental trick for you.

My biggest problem is portion control. At work I eat a lot, I need the energy. It’s a physical job at times, and I work day and night. The galley isn’t open 24/7. Due to my working time I am on a forced fast between 1730 and 1130 the next morning. Some trips I can lose 10kgs. I didn’t last trip. The food was awful and I ended up over eating. Luckily I didn’t put weight on. But I didn’t lose it. I normally put weight on when I am home.

I don’t enjoy cardio, I drop muscle quickly with it. I like to do compound lifts and throw in some body weight stuff, burpee pull ups are my favourite warm up.

What makes you think you do so much more with a training partner than a PT? A PTs job is literally to push you to your limit and beyond. I've worked out with mates in the past and none have ever pushed me anywhere near as hard as my PT does.

It's 2 almonds - but yes, that bit is probably a mental trick. Myself and others laughed at me having 2 almonds every 4 hours but in a funny way it pushed me to keep going. I loved telling my GF that I had 2 almonds for lunch!

The fasting is the thing does the work - and I did feel good yesterday.

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:40 - Aug 16 with 2455 viewsNewcyBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:33 - Aug 16 by BrixtonBlue

What makes you think you do so much more with a training partner than a PT? A PTs job is literally to push you to your limit and beyond. I've worked out with mates in the past and none have ever pushed me anywhere near as hard as my PT does.

It's 2 almonds - but yes, that bit is probably a mental trick. Myself and others laughed at me having 2 almonds every 4 hours but in a funny way it pushed me to keep going. I loved telling my GF that I had 2 almonds for lunch!

The fasting is the thing does the work - and I did feel good yesterday.

When I have a training partner I push a lot harder. It’s investment in each other.

I mean a training partner that is into training as you are, or more. I have only ever done a PT session when I wanted to correct my form.

Glad you felt good. Have you read any books on nutrition and exercise? I think the best one I have read is called The Worlds Fittest Book. It’s by Ross Edgley, and it’s very good indeed.

Well done on taking steps to become a better you. As Healy said, good thread.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:41 - Aug 16 with 2449 viewsGirthyguy

Fasting is for wimps. Any half decent PT will tell you that.
Worst lunch ever competition on 10:43 - Aug 16 with 2445 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:23 - Aug 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Easiest in bullet form:

Good thread Dollers 👍🏻

As I've just said to Newcy, I think the 2 almonds thing was a mind trick. Or he made a mistake and meant 2 handfuls!

"usually for more specific or dedicated gym-goers than what Dolly indicates"

Not sure what I've indicated about not being a dedicated gym-goer. As stated, I've used a PT for ages... usually twice a week.

Interesting about going on what they're told by other buff people in the gym - that would make a lot of sense

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:53 - Aug 16 with 2429 viewsBiGDonnie

Today's Nandos special will consist of a double pitta, extra hot, peri chips, coleslaw and hallumi cheese.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Worst lunch ever competition on 11:14 - Aug 16 with 2411 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:27 - Aug 16 by BrixtonBlue

I was cycling to work and going to the gym once or twice a week - but obviously not doing anywhere near the intensity of having a PT.

I haven't made any other diet changes... other than giving up booze for a year.

What are you desperately trying to prove here?

Just that it isn’t really a surprise that your body shape has changed when you have started exercise more regularly or intensely and changed your diet. Admittedly on the latter point I hadn’t read the full thread so assumed this type of thing had been regular - although I would imagine the lack of alcohol more than makes up for it!

Wasn’t meant as a dig as completely understand that PT’s can be incredibly valuable for some people on the motivational side, and judging by your exchange with Newcy it sounds like that’s the case for you. If it’s working then good for you!

Worst lunch ever competition on 11:32 - Aug 16 with 2385 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst lunch ever competition on 10:43 - Aug 16 by BrixtonBlue

As I've just said to Newcy, I think the 2 almonds thing was a mind trick. Or he made a mistake and meant 2 handfuls!

"usually for more specific or dedicated gym-goers than what Dolly indicates"

Not sure what I've indicated about not being a dedicated gym-goer. As stated, I've used a PT for ages... usually twice a week.

Interesting about going on what they're told by other buff people in the gym - that would make a lot of sense

That’s actually quite a good point. As he said different things work for different people - maybe yours realised a quirky approach was the way to make you stick to it

By dedicated gym-goer I was more thinking the 5 time a week, zero body fat gym is life types. I was guessing that wasn’t you but apologies if I’ve got that wrong

Yeah I found it generally quite interesting, hence the long post sharing!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024