Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst lunch ever competition 14:51 - Aug 15 with 13110 viewsBrixtonBlue

I win, surely? Today I had two almonds for lunch. Not even kidding. By order of my personal trainer last night, I had to have a big breakfast this morning... and then 2 almonds every 4 hours is all I'm allowed to eat until dinner.

I think he might've been on a wind-up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Worst lunch ever competition on 12:55 - Aug 16 with 490 viewsBrixtonBlue

Worst lunch ever competition on 11:32 - Aug 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s actually quite a good point. As he said different things work for different people - maybe yours realised a quirky approach was the way to make you stick to it

By dedicated gym-goer I was more thinking the 5 time a week, zero body fat gym is life types. I was guessing that wasn’t you but apologies if I’ve got that wrong

Yeah I found it generally quite interesting, hence the long post sharing!

Nah, there's more to life than spending that much of it in the gym!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Worst lunch ever competition on 13:31 - Aug 16 with 466 viewsJ2BLUE

Worst lunch ever competition on 21:14 - Aug 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Constant source of carbs and protein, keep the metabolism going and energy up. Also I really like eating

So for example, today:

Breakfast - overnight oats with protein powder, chopped almonds and an apple
Brunch - peanut butter and banana wholemeal sandwich
Lunch - chickpea and kidney bean salad with quorn chicken and Greek vinaigrette dressing (hello Callis)
Mid afternoon - protein shake with creatine (arguably not a meal admittedly)
Dinner - brown rice, prawns, avocado, cucumber and chive bowl with sriracha mayonnaise

And will have a bowl of cottage cheese with chopped tomato before bed

If it works for you then great but I think you'll find the 'little and often for metabolism' thing has been completed debunked and there's no need for a constant source of carbs and protein.

If you like eating that way then great but if it's a chore, you can safely change your plan

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worst lunch ever competition on 19:35 - Aug 16 with 413 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Worst lunch ever competition on 13:31 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

If it works for you then great but I think you'll find the 'little and often for metabolism' thing has been completed debunked and there's no need for a constant source of carbs and protein.

If you like eating that way then great but if it's a chore, you can safely change your plan

From the reading I’ve done I believe it’s very much still a source of debate? I’ve always thought that common sense would indicate as much (eg. Pumping in a steady flow will keep things moving) but even if not the other benefit is it is a practical way of getting lots of food onboard, whereas condensing that into 3 meals would mean being incredibly bloated and then crashing between meals

As I said though I like eating, although I will admit the choice of cottage cheese before bed can sometimes feel like a chore!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024