Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The State of this new Government already... 09:05 - Jul 29 with 4887 viewsitfcjoe

A 'war cabinet' being put in place - despite the fact that we are not at war with anyone but ourselves. And the last war cabinet was cross party.

A new policy for Cabinet meetings of one leak and you are out, which has been leaked.

A £100m advertising and public info campaign about a no deal Brexit, something what was apparently a million to one shot just last week according to Boris.

It's going to the dogs, the amount of money wasted on Brexit already won't be recouped for a couple of centuries, and more is being p155ed away rather than trying to solve the issues that caused the disillusionment in the system.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The State of this new Government already... on 12:35 - Jul 29 with 1069 viewsSwansea_Blue

The State of this new Government already... on 12:31 - Jul 29 by Clapham_Junction

Another extremely troubling element of the new government is who they are appointing behind the scenes, including Matthew Elliott (founder of the Taxpayers Alliance, director of the lie-based No2AV campaign and then CEO of Vote Leave) and Chloe Westley, another Taxpayers Alliance campaigner.

Absolutely terrifying that people like this will have any sway over policy and public services.

Agreed.

Open Democracy have been digging into the companies some of the cabinet have been lobbying for too. It reads as a who's who of everyone trying to kill us with their products! They mention Westley and the think tanks (defining the word 'think' very loosely here).

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/welcome-to-boris-johnsons-gover

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The State of this new Government already... on 13:03 - Jul 29 with 1026 viewsDarth_Koont

The State of this new Government already... on 12:31 - Jul 29 by Clapham_Junction

Another extremely troubling element of the new government is who they are appointing behind the scenes, including Matthew Elliott (founder of the Taxpayers Alliance, director of the lie-based No2AV campaign and then CEO of Vote Leave) and Chloe Westley, another Taxpayers Alliance campaigner.

Absolutely terrifying that people like this will have any sway over policy and public services.

Indeed. Just what the country needs in government ... neo-liberals who would just as easily see the state in its current form disappear entirely.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 13:17]

Pronouns: He/Him

The State of this new Government already... on 13:40 - Jul 29 with 979 viewsHerbivore

This article is quite interesting: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49146480

Is there not a certain irony in the way he's talking up the success of the Union as a political enterprise whilst simultaneously taking us out of an equally successful union come hell or high water?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The State of this new Government already... on 14:02 - Jul 29 with 964 viewsm14_blue

The State of this new Government already... on 12:21 - Jul 29 by giant_stow

GB, I'm not going to play your old answer the question game!

You blame some remainer MPs for hard Brexit if you want to - thats fine - I can see why that would take the edge off an unpleasant mistake. Forgive me for disagreeing and finding that nonsensical though.

Whilst I pretty much agree, I do think GB has a point regarding many Labour MP's.

At least at the time, Labour's policy was to leave with a deal very much like May's. They voted against it because of party political reasons, barely even bothering to pretend they had a coherent reason why.

It's party before country every single time with the Tories and Labour.

The only time in recent memory I can remember a party putting the country first was when the Lib Dems agreed to go into coalition and they are still paying the price for that now. We get the politics, and the politicians, we deserve.
The State of this new Government already... on 14:17 - Jul 29 with 956 viewsSpruceMoose

The State of this new Government already... on 09:31 - Jul 29 by ElderGrizzly

The state of this. No surprise it’s Mark Francois again...

Thanks a lot for raising your son to be a flaccid, limp díck windbag.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The State of this new Government already... on 14:19 - Jul 29 with 952 viewswkj

The State of this new Government already... on 14:17 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

This fella is the perfect physical likeness to Harry Enfield's Tory Boy

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The State of this new Government already... on 14:25 - Jul 29 with 937 viewsDarth_Koont

The State of this new Government already... on 14:19 - Jul 29 by wkj

This fella is the perfect physical likeness to Harry Enfield's Tory Boy

And Penfold if he'd been turned by Baron Greenback.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 14:28]

The State of this new Government already... on 14:25 - Jul 29 with 935 viewsSwansea_Blue

The State of this new Government already... on 13:40 - Jul 29 by Herbivore

This article is quite interesting: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49146480

Is there not a certain irony in the way he's talking up the success of the Union as a political enterprise whilst simultaneously taking us out of an equally successful union come hell or high water?

I've always thought a good way of celebrating the wholeness of something is to split it down the middle.

Login to get fewer ads

The State of this new Government already... on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 921 viewsSwansea_Blue

The State of this new Government already... on 14:17 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

https://newsthump.com/2019/06/06/mark-francois-d-day-erection-enters-27th-hour/

The State of this new Government already... on 15:28 - Jul 29 with 885 viewsGrandadDel

The State of this new Government already... on 14:25 - Jul 29 by Darth_Koont

And Penfold if he'd been turned by Baron Greenback.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 14:28]

You should be ashamed talking about a war hero like that
The State of this new Government already... on 17:09 - Jul 29 with 829 viewsDarth_Koont

The State of this new Government already... on 15:28 - Jul 29 by GrandadDel

You should be ashamed talking about a war hero like that

Too obvious, Delboy.

You're not going to catch anything splashing around in the water.

The State of this new Government already... on 17:34 - Jul 29 with 814 viewsjaykay

i wonder how we got here in the first place. was it the nasty party .
still fox hunting was in the manifesto as well

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The State of this new Government already... on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 768 viewscaught-in-limbo

The State of this new Government already... on 09:38 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

Not that strange, as we have been indoctrinated over about the last eight decades (with one, brief interlude in the early 1980s) that the current major political parties are fixed, unchanging features on the parliamentary landscape, to one or another of which people ought to owe a quasi-hereditary (or geographical) allegiance.

The media are as invested in the survival of the current structures as those perched on their tops.

Oooops. Wrong login, sorry!

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The State of this new Government already... on 22:22 - Jul 29 with 755 viewsjaykay

The State of this new Government already... on 22:11 - Jul 29 by caught-in-limbo

Oooops. Wrong login, sorry!

do a post from from hurley burley now or seablu

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The State of this new Government already... on 22:33 - Jul 29 with 743 viewscaught-in-limbo

The State of this new Government already... on 22:22 - Jul 29 by jaykay

do a post from from hurley burley now or seablu

Cheeky! If I could remember Bogblue's password, I'd downvote you for such insolence.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

The State of this new Government already... on 22:39 - Jul 29 with 735 viewsElderGrizzly

The State of this new Government already... on 11:14 - Jul 29 by GlasgowBlue

I've tried extremely hard to debate with you in a civil and courteous manner herbie. Whether that be football related or political. It's seems you are unable to reciprocate.

I'm quite happy to lay blame at the door of the ERG, hardline Brexiters who are determined to cause chaos and confusion in order to get a "pure Brexit". I won't defend them in any way whatsoever. But they were not the sole reason that we are facing the prospect of leaving the EU with no deal.

Parliament overwhelmingly voted to trigger article 50 to give notice we were leaving the EU. that vote had a majority of 384.

The government negotiated a deal to withdraw from the EU. The EU have stated on numerous occasions that this deal is the "best and only deal".

Parliament have voted three times to reject this deal.

If we crash out with no deal rather than an orderly Brexit that ther deal would have achieved then the fault is with every MP who voted against it. Whether they are leave r or remainer, Tory, Labour, SNP, Plaid IND, Green or Liberal Democrat.

All are to blame. We had a deal. It was rejected so the default is that we leave with no deal. It's not something I want.

At least Boris hasn’t said leaving the Single Market would be a grave mistake

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024