Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advice please.. 17:00 - Jul 26 with 1402 viewsBluebert

I’m a self employed tree surgeon. I took my wood chipper to a small company for a small repair that he said would just be a case of ordering a part and spending half an hour fitting it.
Ok lovely job, I don’t need it for a few days so just let me know when it’s done........

A few days later I get a call saying he’s been ill and hasn’t had a chance to do it, but if I need to borrow one of his then I can. Very kind, thankyou very much.

This was in January. Now I can’t get hold of him, every time I go there it’s all closed up, he’s got all my contact details but I haven’t heard a word. Now, the chipper that I’m ‘borrowing’ is probably worth twice as much as the one I left with him.

Sooooo, is it just mine now? Is there a set amount of time you can have something before it becomes yours? I’d also be more than happy to just have my old one back as well.
Advice please.. on 17:01 - Jul 26 with 1388 viewswkj

Man I could have used your services a couple of months back, no wood is allowed in the brown bins where I love and needed to shift a load.

Good luck with getting your advice

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Advice please.. on 17:05 - Jul 26 with 1364 viewsBluebert

Advice please.. on 17:01 - Jul 26 by wkj

Man I could have used your services a couple of months back, no wood is allowed in the brown bins where I love and needed to shift a load.

Good luck with getting your advice

I enjoyed reading the no wood thread.

Let me know next time, always happy to help.....for money.
Advice please.. on 17:06 - Jul 26 with 1360 viewsfactual_blue

Send a letter to the address you have, telling him you want your chipper back, at which point you'll return the one you have.

If you (as I suspect) hear nothing, you've done all you can.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Advice please.. on 17:15 - Jul 26 with 1323 viewsBluebert

Advice please.. on 17:06 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

Send a letter to the address you have, telling him you want your chipper back, at which point you'll return the one you have.

If you (as I suspect) hear nothing, you've done all you can.

Cheers, sounds simple but I’d actually not thought of that. I’ve written down all the times I’ve called and saved the texts, so if I make a copy of the letter as well, surely I’m all good.

I don’t just want to assume that it’s mine and somehow in some backhand kinda way get accused of ‘stealing’ it. Just a weird situation, more weird for him though as I’m using his machine, wear and tear etc and it’s worth considerably more than the one I left with him.

Ah well.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:20 - Jul 26 with 1297 viewsBloomBlue

He probably stole it and you'll get a fine for handling stolen goods
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 17:21]
Advice please.. on 17:22 - Jul 26 with 1283 viewsSpruceMoose

Sounds like he's dead. Enjoy your free woodchipper.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Advice please.. on 17:24 - Jul 26 with 1276 viewsfactual_blue

Advice please.. on 17:15 - Jul 26 by Bluebert

Cheers, sounds simple but I’d actually not thought of that. I’ve written down all the times I’ve called and saved the texts, so if I make a copy of the letter as well, surely I’m all good.

I don’t just want to assume that it’s mine and somehow in some backhand kinda way get accused of ‘stealing’ it. Just a weird situation, more weird for him though as I’m using his machine, wear and tear etc and it’s worth considerably more than the one I left with him.

Ah well.

Any way you can check he is actually OK - or even alive? Sounds morbid, but these things happen. Enquiries at neighbouring properties perhaps?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:27 - Jul 26 with 1257 viewsBluebert

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:20 - Jul 26 by BloomBlue

He probably stole it and you'll get a fine for handling stolen goods
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 17:21]

Haha, maybe. Although it’s plastered with ‘ON HIRE FROM.....’ which makes me look like I’m rich enough to be hiring a chipper for 8 months.
Login to get fewer ads

Advice please.. on 17:28 - Jul 26 with 1251 viewsSpruceMoose

Advice please.. on 17:24 - Jul 26 by factual_blue

Any way you can check he is actually OK - or even alive? Sounds morbid, but these things happen. Enquiries at neighbouring properties perhaps?

He needs to inspect his old woodchipper for any scraps of old jeans or human hair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Advice please.. on 17:29 - Jul 26 with 1246 viewsOldsmoker

Was he operating as a company?
You could do the dirty and appoint an administrator to get your chipper back.
Of course you'd have to return his chipper but you could offer the administrator a derisory cash sum for it.
I do suggest you keep his chipper in good working condition and don't damage it. You could always argue it was just wear and tear if you do.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Advice please.. on 17:29 - Jul 26 with 1245 viewsBluebert

Advice please.. on 17:22 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Sounds like he's dead. Enjoy your free woodchipper.

The thought had crossed my mind, I’ve got previous as well, had a mechanic keel over while working on a car of mine a few years ago. Needless to say my mates think I’m cursed 😂
Advice please.. on 17:31 - Jul 26 with 1233 viewsSpruceMoose

Advice please.. on 17:29 - Jul 26 by Bluebert

The thought had crossed my mind, I’ve got previous as well, had a mechanic keel over while working on a car of mine a few years ago. Needless to say my mates think I’m cursed 😂

You weren't supposed to reverse out of the bay while he was still under the car mate.

Advice please.. on 17:36 - Jul 26 with 1216 viewsclive_baker

If he ever came back for it maybe you could do him for loss of earnings, but I guess that depends on how much wood would your wood chipper chip if your wood chipper could chip wood?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Advice please.. on 17:39 - Jul 26 with 1195 viewsBluebert

Advice please.. on 17:29 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

Was he operating as a company?
You could do the dirty and appoint an administrator to get your chipper back.
Of course you'd have to return his chipper but you could offer the administrator a derisory cash sum for it.
I do suggest you keep his chipper in good working condition and don't damage it. You could always argue it was just wear and tear if you do.

Cheers, yeah it’s a company. I’ll bear all that in mind but I think I’ll send a letter and see where that gets me first. I’ve been maintaining it as my own. Although it does now need some parts buying, maybe if he ever wants it back he can reimburse me for anything I’ve spent on it
Advice please.. on 18:16 - Jul 26 with 1120 viewsfactual_blue

Advice please.. on 17:28 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

He needs to inspect his old woodchipper for any scraps of old jeans or human hair.

'His old wood chipper is a dreadful euphemism, right?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024