Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? 11:24 - Jul 16 with 7877 viewsSitfcB

Or you reckon he’s waiting for the school holidays?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:41 - Jul 16 with 2100 viewsIpswichKnight

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:10 - Jul 16 by The_Romford_Blue

I still despair that we sold Waggy so cheaply. Utter shambles.

Be hilarious when Evans sells judge for 800k or something stupid like that.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 14:23]

Be a genius bit of business, we pick up a player for nothing and sell him for around 750k. Remember he scored 0 goals and created I think just 1 goal ( admittedly we created virtually nothing anyway! )

We have decent cover for that position in both Nolan and Dozzell ( plus Bishop if fit ) we can probably also bring in 2 players for the wages we are paying Judge.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:48 - Jul 16 with 2089 viewsGarv

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:41 - Jul 16 by IpswichKnight

Be a genius bit of business, we pick up a player for nothing and sell him for around 750k. Remember he scored 0 goals and created I think just 1 goal ( admittedly we created virtually nothing anyway! )

We have decent cover for that position in both Nolan and Dozzell ( plus Bishop if fit ) we can probably also bring in 2 players for the wages we are paying Judge.

You think Nolan and Dozzell can do Judge's job?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:54 - Jul 16 with 2076 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:41 - Jul 16 by IpswichKnight

Genius bit of business in the short term? Yes.

However, we reduce the ability of the squad, with what may arguably be our best player in terms of talent and we almost certainly won't replace him given the midfielders we already have, which reduces the chances of going up and increases the chance of losing much more money than what we'd gain by the transfer fee.

So very poor business overall potentially unless we get a stupid amount of money and can reinvest it. Which won't happen!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:57 - Jul 16 with 2069 viewsGerkensBeard

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:54 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

However, we reduce the ability of the squad, with what may arguably be our best player in terms of talent and we almost certainly won't replace him given the midfielders we already have, which reduces the chances of going up and increases the chance of losing much more money than what we'd gain by the transfer fee.

So very poor business overall potentially unless we get a stupid amount of money and can reinvest it. Which won't happen!

I’m not sure why they’d need him tbh. Eze was their number 10 last season and Judge isn’t a winger where Luke Freeman was playing. Could see him being on the bench most games. Also a Brentford legend would he want to tarnish that reputation?
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 15:01 - Jul 16 with 2058 viewsSmithersJones

Imagine - and this could easily have been reality - that he hadn't signed for us once his short term deal expired and he was now a free agent. How much would we be prepared to pay for him? Because if QPR are offering more than this then we should (logically) accept it.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 17:49 - Jul 16 with 1954 viewsbefxblue

From a money point of view, I'd imagine he got a fairly hefty signing on fee when he put pen to paper on his 2 year deal, as a sweetener knowing he would almost certainly be playing league 1 football on a lower wage when he signed. I can't see the money being an issue.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 17:59 - Jul 16 with 1942 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 15:01 - Jul 16 by SmithersJones

Imagine - and this could easily have been reality - that he hadn't signed for us once his short term deal expired and he was now a free agent. How much would we be prepared to pay for him? Because if QPR are offering more than this then we should (logically) accept it.

Logical from a bottom line accounting perspective maybe, but the needs of the team need to be part of the decision

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 19:51 - Jul 16 with 1897 viewshadleighboyblue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:54 - Jul 16 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It was a great bit of business to get him , but it would be a big mistake to let him go ….unless the offer was massive .
He is a cut above anything we have had for years and we would struggle to find any replacement better than him …..that's assuming any transfer fee would be 100% reinvested , which we all know is unlikely .

If we are serious about going up , Judge is just the sort of player we need not just this season , but next as well .

It's time we had a new skipper so why not give it to Judge and maybe make Chambers club captain .
Login to get fewer ads

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:19 - Jul 16 with 1849 viewslmfcblue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 19:51 - Jul 16 by hadleighboyblue

It was a great bit of business to get him , but it would be a big mistake to let him go ….unless the offer was massive .
He is a cut above anything we have had for years and we would struggle to find any replacement better than him …..that's assuming any transfer fee would be 100% reinvested , which we all know is unlikely .

If we are serious about going up , Judge is just the sort of player we need not just this season , but next as well .

It's time we had a new skipper so why not give it to Judge and maybe make Chambers club captain .

Would be a disaster to lose Judge. Should be building the side around him.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:27 - Jul 16 with 1838 viewsbraveblue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:33 - Jul 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly. And yet some of our fans (if and when we sell him) will argue vehemently that this is good business because there’s a deficit and all that stuff. Really, if we sell him, he won’t be replaced and our chances of promotion will be reduced.

All for a million or three.

If he goes and is not replaced (almost certain) then forget promotion. Our injury prone midfielders will not play anything like enough and we have little cover. I would fear another survival struggle.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:38 - Jul 16 with 1817 viewschristiand

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 12:28 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Warburton wasn't in charge when he signed it so guess that may be why.

Like I've said though, 'wanting to leave' which is what I was told could be anywhere from a preference to move to going out on strike until he get's the move he wants.

Hopefully they aren't willing to go any higher than that because it is then an easy decision for all parties and he stays here

It'll be interesting to watch this unravel over the next few weeks. It makes sense that Judge wants to work with Warburton again, so can understand Judge's eagerness for the move and the fact he lives in the west London area, a transfer to QPR does make sense. Nevertheless, we were the ones that plucked him from obscurity in January, where he was in desperate need of games. I just wish modern players would show a bit more loyalty and commitment, 'I was part of the squad that took us down, I'm going to help to get us back up!'

Mr Warburton come back in January and we'll review the situation then.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:45 - Jul 16 with 1802 viewsxrayspecs

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 12:03 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I don't know about wages, but likely he'd get more at that level.

But he lives in South West London (Kingston I've heard) and has a young family where his kids are at local schools. Is he going to move his whole family up here for a 2 year deal, or just get somewhere for himself and just commute?

If a fee can be agreed, the move is an absolute no brainer, and I've heard he's keen on it (which is fairly obvious anyway)

QPR train just near Heathrow, about 15 minutes away from where Brentford train.

Lots of players do not relocate their families and choose instead to work away from home.

Have been listening to the Peter Crouch podcast, his family are still based on the NW and he stayed in a hotel near Stoke, prior to his move to Burnley.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:46 - Jul 16 with 1798 viewsBLUEBEAT

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:19 - Jul 16 by lmfcblue

Would be a disaster to lose Judge. Should be building the side around him.

Let’s not forget that he’s been quite vocal about saying he likes to play “in the hole” and in a free role yet Lambert keeps sticking him out on the left, where he can’t be arsed to track back and help out our inexperienced left back.

If QPR match ITFC’s valuation and promise to play him in his preferred position, then that is where he’ll go if he gets that plus better wages.

Poll: W or W

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 22:12 - Jul 16 with 1767 viewsPJH

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 21:46 - Jul 16 by BLUEBEAT

Let’s not forget that he’s been quite vocal about saying he likes to play “in the hole” and in a free role yet Lambert keeps sticking him out on the left, where he can’t be arsed to track back and help out our inexperienced left back.

If QPR match ITFC’s valuation and promise to play him in his preferred position, then that is where he’ll go if he gets that plus better wages.

If Lambert is sticking him out on the left Judge is not taking much notice because he drifts anyway.
He is nominally left sided which leaves the LB exposed when he drifts but I am sure he drifts because PL wants and allows him to.
The problem of having our LB exposed will only be solved when Judge is no longer nominally left sided and someone else actually plays left sided-don't know who though.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:13 - Jul 16 with 1707 viewstextbackup

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 14:33 - Jul 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly. And yet some of our fans (if and when we sell him) will argue vehemently that this is good business because there’s a deficit and all that stuff. Really, if we sell him, he won’t be replaced and our chances of promotion will be reduced.

All for a million or three.

if/when we sell him fans will say "its ok because if Huws can stay fit....."

we know the rest

(although I reeaaaaaalllllllllly want huws to stay fit and prove me wrong)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:20 - Jul 16 with 1696 viewsStNeotsBlue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:13 - Jul 16 by textbackup

if/when we sell him fans will say "its ok because if Huws can stay fit....."

we know the rest

(although I reeaaaaaalllllllllly want huws to stay fit and prove me wrong)

I hope you're proved wrong too. A fit Huws is too good for League 1 and would be fantastic.

Keeping hold of Judge would be handy too.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:22 - Jul 16 with 1692 viewstextbackup

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:20 - Jul 16 by StNeotsBlue

I hope you're proved wrong too. A fit Huws is too good for League 1 and would be fantastic.

Keeping hold of Judge would be handy too.

for the first time in years our midfield is by far our best and well stacked position.

I cant get my head around how lucky we are to have these 5/6 players at the same time.

I just hope ME rejects all bids, because Judge staying shows the rest we have real intent and ambition to bounce back

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:32 - Jul 16 with 1671 viewsStNeotsBlue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 23:22 - Jul 16 by textbackup

for the first time in years our midfield is by far our best and well stacked position.

I cant get my head around how lucky we are to have these 5/6 players at the same time.

I just hope ME rejects all bids, because Judge staying shows the rest we have real intent and ambition to bounce back

Fingers crossed, the midfield looks like being key for us. If Norwood is a success and makes the most of his supplies we're going to be a problem for others.
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 07:27 - Jul 17 with 1544 viewsN2_Blue

I have to say if Judge gets sold I will be thoroughly peed off.
I haven’t had my season ticket for a few years but took up a season ticket for this season as a bit of few good came back and Lambert was attempting to put something together. A huge part of that was getting Judge and I appreciate that Evans actually must have put up a good wage to secure him when we knew we were going to be L1.

I fully understand we are in trouble money wise but we have received unexpected windfalls that which surely mean selling Judge is not as necessary as it could have been. Getting some money for him is pointless because we will not replace him or certainly get a player of his calibre. A firing judge and Norwood could be what get us out of this division.

If we sell, (and unless it’s because he makes it impossible for us by forcing the move), I will cancel my season ticket because this just goes against everything we were trying to build at the end of last season and starts undoing all our planning less than 3 weeks before the start of the season (again like last season and what happened there!)

Evans think very carefully about this, you should be doing everything to keep Judge here and state he is better off here and he is going to be a huge player for us. If you sell him my ST DD I should being cancelled and my remaining faith in anything this club does may have completely gone.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 07:58 - Jul 17 with 1508 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This is how I imagine Sitters every time he hears something about the club.
"Alan Judge hasn't moved to Ipswich"
"The club have lost £9m a year and NOW they are charging £1.75 for postage?"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 10:50 - Jul 17 with 1421 viewslmfcblue

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 07:27 - Jul 17 by N2_Blue

I have to say if Judge gets sold I will be thoroughly peed off.
I haven’t had my season ticket for a few years but took up a season ticket for this season as a bit of few good came back and Lambert was attempting to put something together. A huge part of that was getting Judge and I appreciate that Evans actually must have put up a good wage to secure him when we knew we were going to be L1.

I fully understand we are in trouble money wise but we have received unexpected windfalls that which surely mean selling Judge is not as necessary as it could have been. Getting some money for him is pointless because we will not replace him or certainly get a player of his calibre. A firing judge and Norwood could be what get us out of this division.

If we sell, (and unless it’s because he makes it impossible for us by forcing the move), I will cancel my season ticket because this just goes against everything we were trying to build at the end of last season and starts undoing all our planning less than 3 weeks before the start of the season (again like last season and what happened there!)

Evans think very carefully about this, you should be doing everything to keep Judge here and state he is better off here and he is going to be a huge player for us. If you sell him my ST DD I should being cancelled and my remaining faith in anything this club does may have completely gone.

totally agree
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 10:57 - Jul 17 with 1410 viewsTown_Boy

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 13:26 - Jul 16 by mattrolow

Money and location are obviously huge factors, they would be for anyone.

However, he came to us to finally start playing games again. Be the first name on the teamsheet and hopefully be involved in a successful season.

Why would you want to trade that for a likely below average season, potentially in and out of the team, just to play in the league above?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 13:26]

A little thing called doubling your salary..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 11:08 - Jul 17 with 1379 viewsfooters

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 12:42 - Jul 16 by footers

Nothing worries me more. My dear wife is very upset as well, and I think she's taking it out on the kids.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 12:43]

Can people keep me updated on this, please?

Wife's gone up to her mum's for a few days and left the kids with me (thankfully). We've been arguing constantly about this and it's tearing our marriage apart.

Mr Judge, please hurry up, for my family's sake.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 11:10 - Jul 17 with 1375 viewsreusersfreekicks

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 12:24 - Jul 16 by StokieBlue

Their fans don't seem to think anything more than 250k is worth it - some don't even want to pay that.

With regards to wanting to leave why on earth did he sign a contract then? There would obviously have been other interest but he signed anyway. It's weird.

SB

My thoughts exactly. Why on earth did he sign for us?
Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 11:12 - Jul 17 with 1368 viewsKieran_Knows

Should we be worried that Judge hasn’t moved up to Ipswich yet? on 11:10 - Jul 17 by reusersfreekicks

My thoughts exactly. Why on earth did he sign for us?

Because as Joe pointed out earlier, Warburton wasn't in charge of QPR at the time of him signing the new deal in April (I suspect anyway).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024