Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a quandary 11:11 - Jul 11 with 10729 viewsfooters

Part #673264 of the TWTD Moral Maze...

Should thinking of someone else while being intimate with your partner be considered cheating?

Now, the reason I ask this is that there is a lovely lady I work with who may be having a 'psychic affair' with yours truly. I don't want to cause any harm to her relationship by continuing to be a sexy distraction. For all I know, this sexual dissonance has already caused major rows.

I know I've thought about a lot of different things when 'on the job', like what to have for dinner, what I really should have said in that meeting, etc. But none of those things would be considered being unfaithful.

Am I wrong to be concerned?
[Post edited 12 Jul 2019 7:20]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Here's a quandry on 18:47 - Jul 11 with 2590 viewsBloomBlue

As mentioned on this site a few times with your uncanny Boris Johnson lookalike looks this attraction from the opposite sex will be a problem for you for years.
Here's a quandry on 18:55 - Jul 11 with 2581 viewsgiant_stow

Here's a quandry on 16:19 - Jul 11 by hoppy

Bit like you thinking of your mum when shagging your sister...

Oh, no, sorry, that analogy doesn't work really, does it?

oh hoppy, get your mind out of the gutter!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Here's a quandry on 19:11 - Jul 11 with 2569 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 18:47 - Jul 11 by BloomBlue

As mentioned on this site a few times with your uncanny Boris Johnson lookalike looks this attraction from the opposite sex will be a problem for you for years.

Thanks, mate. Good to know there are people out there who understand the hardships of irresistability. It's just her husband I feel sorry for.

Here's a quandry on 19:37 - Jul 11 with 2558 viewsSitfcB

Here's a quandry on 11:17 - Jul 11 by footers

Please read the OP properly and don't resort to 'clever' personal attacks. Thought you were better than that.

I await a mature reply.

Oh dear.

This place isn’t for you if you don’t get jokes like this.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Here's a quandry on 20:20 - Jul 11 with 2539 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a quandry on 19:37 - Jul 11 by SitfcB

Oh dear.

He's not serious, it's just part of their act.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here's a quandry on 20:22 - Jul 11 with 2536 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 19:37 - Jul 11 by SitfcB

Oh dear.

J2's comment was too subtle for me at the time, the wit caught me off guard!

Here's a quandry on 20:26 - Jul 11 with 2529 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 20:20 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

He's not serious, it's just part of their act.

J2, what happened? We were enjoying a very nice, friendly relationship up until now. Thought we'd made peace? Though I don't know what your problem with me was in the first place tbh.

It may have been a slightly jokey post, but there is honestly a woman I'm becoming mutually attracted to at work and I feel a bit bad/weird about it. Would love to book a private meeting with her in the disabled bogs but that can't ever happen, despite how tempted either of us are.

But the question remains, is visualising someone else while on the job with your soulmate infidelity?

Here's a quandry on 20:30 - Jul 11 with 2520 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a quandry on 20:26 - Jul 11 by footers

J2, what happened? We were enjoying a very nice, friendly relationship up until now. Thought we'd made peace? Though I don't know what your problem with me was in the first place tbh.

It may have been a slightly jokey post, but there is honestly a woman I'm becoming mutually attracted to at work and I feel a bit bad/weird about it. Would love to book a private meeting with her in the disabled bogs but that can't ever happen, despite how tempted either of us are.

But the question remains, is visualising someone else while on the job with your soulmate infidelity?

If it is then I doubt there has ever been anyone faithful.

I'm finding the concept of a 'soulmate' more and more of a myth to be honest. The idea that you fall in love, get married, be faithful forever and live happily ever after with a soulmate is clearly a load of sh1t. No offence to anyone who does actually believe they are with their soulmate.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Here's a quandry on 20:33 - Jul 11 with 2514 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 20:30 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

If it is then I doubt there has ever been anyone faithful.

I'm finding the concept of a 'soulmate' more and more of a myth to be honest. The idea that you fall in love, get married, be faithful forever and live happily ever after with a soulmate is clearly a load of sh1t. No offence to anyone who does actually believe they are with their soulmate.

Of course it is a myth if you believe in some sort of 'destiny', which is clearly nonsense.

We have very special, happy coincidences, but that is not destiny. Ultimately, a 'soul mate' is a best friend you can shag. End of.

Here's a quandry on 20:36 - Jul 11 with 2509 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a quandry on 20:33 - Jul 11 by footers

Of course it is a myth if you believe in some sort of 'destiny', which is clearly nonsense.

We have very special, happy coincidences, but that is not destiny. Ultimately, a 'soul mate' is a best friend you can shag. End of.

Destiny is weird,isn't it?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Here's a quandry on 20:37 - Jul 11 with 2506 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 20:36 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

Destiny is weird,isn't it?

Jungian thought can lead to some very dark places.

Here's a quandry on 20:38 - Jul 11 with 2504 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a quandry on 20:37 - Jul 11 by footers

Jungian thought can lead to some very dark places.

It's fated...

Here's a quandry on 20:41 - Jul 11 with 2497 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a quandry on 20:33 - Jul 11 by footers

In fact i'm starting to question marriage as well. Actually that's not true, i'm questioning everything. The traditional path of career, marriage, kids. What's the point? Probably for another thread, sorry.

Truly impaired.

Here's a quandry on 20:50 - Jul 11 with 2484 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 20:41 - Jul 11 by J2BLUE

In fact i'm starting to question marriage as well. Actually that's not true, i'm questioning everything. The traditional path of career, marriage, kids. What's the point? Probably for another thread, sorry.

As you should. Marriage, be it gay, straight or other, is a religious institution foisted upon society. If you are not religious, why marry aside from tax privileges/law?

Symbolically, marriage represents both the exchange of women as goods and patriarchal governance.

All this was well and good when people lived to be 45, but we are in a new world now. Couples get bored, understandably. Time to think on our relationships and our understanding of what marriage really is.

Here's a quandry on 22:33 - Jul 11 with 2429 viewsCoastalblue

I bet it's a quandary too?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Here's a quandry on 23:37 - Jul 11 with 2414 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a quandry on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Coastalblue

Oh, I bet that has caused him a dilenema...

Here's a quandray on 07:23 - Jul 12 with 2366 viewsfooters

Here's a quandry on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Coastalblue

Duly noted and amended. My apologies for the mistake.

Friday, the final hurdle in the week-long illicit lust marathon that is my working life. Eight more hours of wild passion to withstand. Pray for my colleague and her husband, TWTD.

Here's a quandray on 08:14 - Jul 12 with 2338 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a quandray on 07:23 - Jul 12 by footers

Friday, the final hurdle in the week-long illicit lust marathon that is my working life. Eight more hours of wild passion to withstand. Pray for my colleague and her husband, TWTD.

Here's a quandray on 11:41 - Jul 12 with 2308 viewsfooters

Here's a quandray on 07:23 - Jul 12 by footers

Update:

The lady in question is not in the office today. Hopefully she's spending the time working on her relationship with her husband, instead of further indulging in this psychic affair.

Relief that I'll finally be able to get some work done without worrying about her rampant libidinal urges.

Here's a quandary on 11:52 - Jul 12 with 2288 viewsBiGDonnie

There's millions of guys and gals out their and you wanna bang one who''s got a poor fella at home!

Not worth the rubber you'd finish in lad.

That's not saying you can't have a cheeky flirt with her!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Here's a quandary on 11:54 - Jul 12 with 2287 viewsfooters

Here's a quandary on 11:52 - Jul 12 by BiGDonnie

There's millions of guys and gals out their and you wanna bang one who''s got a poor fella at home!

Not worth the rubber you'd finish in lad.

That's not saying you can't have a cheeky flirt with her!

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick here, bud. It's her who wants to have it with me, and I'm trying to find a way of limiting her attraction, in a bid to save her marriage.

Here's a quandary on 11:57 - Jul 12 with 2282 viewsBigManBlue

Here's a quandary on 11:54 - Jul 12 by footers

Think you've got the wrong end of the stick here, bud. It's her who wants to have it with me, and I'm trying to find a way of limiting her attraction, in a bid to save her marriage.

Discuss the finer uses of Latin tense progression when reporting indirect speech first thing every morning.

Honest, my wife can't even look at it now.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Here's a quandary on 12:00 - Jul 12 with 2275 viewsfooters

Here's a quandary on 11:57 - Jul 12 by BigManBlue

Discuss the finer uses of Latin tense progression when reporting indirect speech first thing every morning.

Honest, my wife can't even look at it now.

An excellent suggestion. Also good cause to brush up on my Latin. Although as an Italian herself, I'm not sure if she'd be too familiar with this already.

Here's a quandary on 12:02 - Jul 12 with 2273 viewsBiGDonnie

Here's a quandary on 11:54 - Jul 12 by footers

Na I get that. It takes two to tango and all that. You've obviously had a flirt with her, which is exactly what I'd do.

I've always thought that if she'd do it to him, she'd do it to you kinda thing. So probably well worth a squirt but not anything longer term.

That being said, a cheeky rump in the work toilets wouldn't hurt anyone!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Here's a quandary on 12:03 - Jul 12 with 2269 viewswkj

Here's a quandary on 12:02 - Jul 12 by BiGDonnie

Na I get that. It takes two to tango and all that. You've obviously had a flirt with her, which is exactly what I'd do.

I've always thought that if she'd do it to him, she'd do it to you kinda thing. So probably well worth a squirt but not anything longer term.

That being said, a cheeky rump in the work toilets wouldn't hurt anyone!

Try telling that to Mr Armitage Shanks

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024