Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Super League 09:29 - Jul 12 with 838 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Following the talk of the PL taking them over, is it inevitable that they will look to sky for TV coverage?

I think that would be a huge mistake. Best way for the game to grow would be exposure on terrestrial TV.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Women's Super League on 09:32 - Jul 12 with 822 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, there is already some on BT I think.

You just have to look at how much bigger the WWC was than the cricket world cup to see why terrestrial TV makes such a difference - that would have been unimaginable after the 2005 Ashes and for all the talk of the game growing etc without the terrestrial coverage it wouldn't have been spoken about.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Women's Super League on 10:12 - Jul 12 with 778 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Women's Super League on 09:32 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

You just have to look at how much bigger the WWC was than the cricket world cup to see why terrestrial TV makes such a difference - that would have been unimaginable after the 2005 Ashes and for all the talk of the game growing etc without the terrestrial coverage it wouldn't have been spoken about.

If BT were really clever, they'd sign a 10 year deal for the WSL and then allow BBC or ITV to show a couple of games per week for free for the next few years. Could be different games to the BT Sport ones.

It would help the game grow, gather momentum and interest and no doubt massively increase the value on what they had paid. Sticking it all on BT Sport where nobody will see it will do it no good whatsoever.

I have Sky Sports, Premier Sports and BT Sport but aside from Champions League games and the odd Premier League / Conference game I forget BT Sport even exists.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Women's Super League on 10:15 - Jul 12 with 770 viewsJ2BLUE

Sadly I think things like women's football are snapped up by pay tv companies because it's just another option they can claim to have which costs relatively little. There doesn't seem to be much common sense from the people at the top when it comes to growing the game. A new wrestling company is launching in the US and they've made a point of having their show on ITV. I'm sure they could have got more from Sky after they lost WWE to BT but it's a common sense approach to growing their fan base. It's a shame we don't see more of it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Women's Super League on 10:16 - Jul 12 with 770 viewsitfcjoe

Women's Super League on 10:12 - Jul 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If BT were really clever, they'd sign a 10 year deal for the WSL and then allow BBC or ITV to show a couple of games per week for free for the next few years. Could be different games to the BT Sport ones.

It would help the game grow, gather momentum and interest and no doubt massively increase the value on what they had paid. Sticking it all on BT Sport where nobody will see it will do it no good whatsoever.

I have Sky Sports, Premier Sports and BT Sport but aside from Champions League games and the odd Premier League / Conference game I forget BT Sport even exists.

I've never had BT Sport, actually I did for a bit but never watched it so cancelled at end of trial.

My Dad has it so I can use his login, but have to put it on iPad or phone and cast it to the TV so is a lot of effort (in comparison to watching Sky) so has to be a game I really want to watch, which are few and far between

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Women's Super League vs Cricket on 13:21 - Jul 12 with 680 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Women's Super League on 09:32 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

The tv market for World Cup cricket has srunk due it being on Sky not free to air.

I’d expect the Asian networks would sky high ratings as is Australia n New Zealand

So again Sky brings the money but not nesessarily tv audiences.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024