Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible 18:31 - Jul 9 with 11506 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been critical of JC over Europe but a new vote, knowing what we know now, is the right decision. Took him a while but I'm happy he's got here.

I'm obviously in favour of Remain, which Labour now are, but a new vote just seems right.

"Jeremy Corbyn has challenged the next Tory leader to hold another referendum before taking Britain out of the EU, saying Labour will campaign for Remain."

Don't believe the fake news:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48919695

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:57 - Jul 9 with 2133 viewsFunge

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:55 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

"This is a man for pretty much his whole political career has campaigned against our membership of the EU "

You got any evidence for this? Feel free to post it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn#European_Unio

There you go.
Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:57 - Jul 9 with 2132 viewsJakeITFC

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 18:47 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

You could have fooled me what with the last three years we've endured.

Well Corbyn has been banging the drum during those three years but nobody would listen.

The incompetence of this government has been allowed to drag on due to brexit shiitshow whilst hundreds of thousands of people go hungry and slide further into poverty.
Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:58 - Jul 9 with 2126 viewsSpruceMoose

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:57 - Jul 9 by JakeITFC

Well Corbyn has been banging the drum during those three years but nobody would listen.

The incompetence of this government has been allowed to drag on due to brexit shiitshow whilst hundreds of thousands of people go hungry and slide further into poverty.

It's been an issue for a lot longer than the last three years, and nobody gave a shoite then either.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:59 - Jul 9 with 2118 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:23 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

Keep reading the thread, I explain what my 'problem' is.

Hoping we can all just discuss it without everybody getting the arseache for once.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 19:28]

I've read the thread. You seem to have avoided my questions. Don't go all Glassers on me.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:01 - Jul 9 with 2110 viewsSpruceMoose

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:59 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

I've read the thread. You seem to have avoided my questions. Don't go all Glassers on me.

Are you seriously saying that from my multiple posts on this thread you haven't been able to piece together what my objections are?

I'd politely suggest that there's a misapprehension issue here if so. Which is a lot politer than you probably deserve considering the unnecessary sharpness of your post.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:06 - Jul 9 with 2085 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:49 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

You do seem to take all this very personally mate. It's just a difference of opinions.

Like I said earlier on, putting your neutral hat on, surely you can appreciate why this news isn't enough for a lot of folk?

Also, point of order, Callis has never been right about anything as far as I aware.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 19:50]

Nothing personal. It's just my opinion that there's no way Sparks believes Corbyn is trolling. He's brighter than that and so are you.

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:10 - Jul 9 with 2071 viewsSpruceMoose

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:06 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

Nothing personal. It's just my opinion that there's no way Sparks believes Corbyn is trolling. He's brighter than that and so are you.

He's certainly gaslighting folk. Saying one thing, then acting in another. What are these questions you want me to asnwer?

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:12 - Jul 9 with 2067 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:57 - Jul 9 by Funge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn#European_Unio

There you go.

"In July 2015, Corbyn said that if Prime Minister David Cameron negotiated away workers' rights and environmental protection as part of his renegotiation of Britain's membership of the European Union (EU), he would not rule out advocating for a British exit in a proposed referendum on EU membership,[216] and that he was in favour of leaving the EU if it became a "totally brutal organisation".

Can't see a problem with that. Well said.

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:15 - Jul 9 with 2058 viewsFunge

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:12 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

"In July 2015, Corbyn said that if Prime Minister David Cameron negotiated away workers' rights and environmental protection as part of his renegotiation of Britain's membership of the European Union (EU), he would not rule out advocating for a British exit in a proposed referendum on EU membership,[216] and that he was in favour of leaving the EU if it became a "totally brutal organisation".

Can't see a problem with that. Well said.

"This is a man for pretty much his whole political career has campaigned against our membership of the EU "

Good to see that you, I and man Chico are in agreement here.
Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:15 - Jul 9 with 2056 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top trolling Dollers. You’ll catch a few with this one.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:18 - Jul 9 with 2047 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:01 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

Are you seriously saying that from my multiple posts on this thread you haven't been able to piece together what my objections are?

I'd politely suggest that there's a misapprehension issue here if so. Which is a lot politer than you probably deserve considering the unnecessary sharpness of your post.

There's no sharpness from me. I asked you two very direct questions, which aren't answered elsewhere in the thread.

"Everyone's telling me Labour won't win the next General Election, so what's your problem? "

If you believe Labour won't win the next Election, which you've stated pretty clearly, why are you opposed to their position having won it?

"You'd rather what we have now than Labour going back to the public?!"

Again, a genuine question, which you haven't answered elsewhere, unless I've missed it.

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:19 - Jul 9 with 2044 viewsStokieBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:34 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

Labour are now a remain party. That is clear.

I admire your honesty in your second para.

You went too big too early here dolly to make a point. I understand why but I don't think from what they have said it's "clear" they are a remain party.

At best they are an anti-Tory deal/no deal party.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:19 - Jul 9 with 2043 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:10 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

He's certainly gaslighting folk. Saying one thing, then acting in another. What are these questions you want me to asnwer?

The ones with the question marks. It's not difficult.

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:21 - Jul 9 with 2039 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:15 - Jul 9 by Funge

Good to see that you, I and man Chico are in agreement here.

Where have i said that?

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:23 - Jul 9 with 2038 viewsSpruceMoose

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:18 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

There's no sharpness from me. I asked you two very direct questions, which aren't answered elsewhere in the thread.

"Everyone's telling me Labour won't win the next General Election, so what's your problem? "

If you believe Labour won't win the next Election, which you've stated pretty clearly, why are you opposed to their position having won it?

Again, a genuine question, which you haven't answered elsewhere, unless I've missed it.

i guess I don't understand the relevance of your questions. But here goes.

Why wouldn't I be concerned with their policies in the event they win a general election? I don't think the Brexit Party will win either, but I'd be just as vocal about any policies or plans they announce that I object to.

We still have the same old thing. Call me when Labour actively campaign for a second referendum then you might have a point.

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:27 - Jul 9 with 2031 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:15 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

Top trolling Dollers. You’ll catch a few with this one.

The party you voted for has ruined this country. You ought to be utterly ashamed.

I guess all is well at Glasgow Towers, so you don't care.

Some of us do.

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:28 - Jul 9 with 2021 viewsSpruceMoose

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:27 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

The party you voted for has ruined this country. You ought to be utterly ashamed.

Some of us do.

Well, there goes any hope of keeping this thread on the straight and narrow...

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:30 - Jul 9 with 2016 viewsFunge

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:21 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

Where have i said that?

Oh, sorry, I assumed that as you'd been provided with evidence of said, and then gone off on a mainly unrelated tangent, that your acknowledgement of said was tacit.
Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:32 - Jul 9 with 2012 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:23 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

i guess I don't understand the relevance of your questions. But here goes.

Why wouldn't I be concerned with their policies in the event they win a general election? I don't think the Brexit Party will win either, but I'd be just as vocal about any policies or plans they announce that I object to.

We still have the same old thing. Call me when Labour actively campaign for a second referendum then you might have a point.

You'd be JUST AS VOCAL about Brexit Party 'what we'll do when we win the GE' policies?!?
Nah, not buying it.

Point 2: Labour have clearly stated they'll go for a second referendum. What do you want, a song and a dance about it? It's there in black and white fella.

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:37 - Jul 9 with 2006 viewsSpruceMoose

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:32 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

You'd be JUST AS VOCAL about Brexit Party 'what we'll do when we win the GE' policies?!?
Nah, not buying it.

Point 2: Labour have clearly stated they'll go for a second referendum. What do you want, a song and a dance about it? It's there in black and white fella.

I don't know what you're saying on your first point? Are you saying I have been hitherto less vocal about the Brexit Party than I have about Labour? Because that's clearly just made up bollox. I'm widely reviled on this site for mercilessly mocking and abusing the Brexit Party and their followers.

Your second point just isn't true. It makes me wonder whether you've actually read the article, or at least understood the context.

Please clarify, without the shouting this time. Be nice.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 20:49]

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 21:07 - Jul 9 with 1966 viewssparks

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 19:47 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

Your mask is slipping. Callis was right - you're a dyed-in-the-wool Tory. There's no way you believe Corbyn is trolling. You're more intelligent than to agree with that bowlocks.

Which bit of that post do you say is ill founded?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 21:08 - Jul 9 with 1965 viewssparks

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:06 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

Of course- I never said anything about trolling.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 21:10 - Jul 9 with 1961 viewsBlueBadger

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:27 - Jul 9 by BrixtonBlue

Some of us do.

Are you pulling a Glasgow Swerve on Glassers here?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 21:10 - Jul 9 with 1962 viewsBloomBlue

"Just look at the Conservative Party, crashing through the last days of Theresa May’s rule towards who knows what. Or just look at a Labour Opposition which has pulled off the impossible and actually managed to make itself less popular with the public than the Tories, even though they only scored 24 per cent in the last YouGov poll .

There are several reasons for this, all of which link back to Jeremy Corbyn, as most Labour MPs, most of the shadow cabinet and probably most party members know. The hideous failure to do anything about anti-Semitism, seeping through the party; the anti-democratic use of gagging orders to try to keep concerned party staff from speaking the truth about it, as some will do tomorrow night on the BBC’s Panorama; the absurdity of a response to Brexit which has dragged the party through meeting after meeting to discuss exactly when it might support a second referendum, while its leader hardly bothers to hide the fact that he wouldn’t mind Brexit.

All of this is drearily familiar. How will it end? There are two imaginable outcomes. One, familiar to the hard Left, is the betrayal narrative. No one thinks Mr Corbyn can win. What counts is winning the battle over who takes the blame for losing whenever the next Tory leader calls an early election. Leftists will turn on moderates. They will be accused of letting Mr Corbyn down. It’s the old story of Marxism.
But the other possible outcome is more interesting. Might those moderates take back their party – or at least form an alliance with those Leftists who want to win to come up with a platform which might work? That would require a clear position on a referendum and a new leader. Even then it might be too late. But a lot is going to change in British politics in the next few months. Will Labour change with it? "
Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 21:11 - Jul 9 with 1958 viewssparks

Brilliant by Labour. This is what we need and utterly sensible on 20:37 - Jul 9 by SpruceMoose

I don't know what you're saying on your first point? Are you saying I have been hitherto less vocal about the Brexit Party than I have about Labour? Because that's clearly just made up bollox. I'm widely reviled on this site for mercilessly mocking and abusing the Brexit Party and their followers.

Your second point just isn't true. It makes me wonder whether you've actually read the article, or at least understood the context.

Please clarify, without the shouting this time. Be nice.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 20:49]

Indeed- they appear only to have referred to a second referendum if they are in opposition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024