Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 09:49 - Jun 11 with 4092 viewsSmithy

Wow!

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 13:09 - Jun 11 with 1144 viewsBlueBadger

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 13:07 - Jun 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

‘He did a good job keeping us consistently in the top half of the table, except the one season where our top scorer was sold and not replaced and where he still kept us comfortably clear of relegation

Micks detractors will continue to moan about him at every opportunity, and still insist that things are somehow better for Ipswich now he has gone despite the fact we are now staring a season in the third division for the first time in 60-odd years’

There, corrected it for you

Careful what you wish for? by BlueBadger 10 Jun 2019 23:26
There's definitely a weird kind of Stockholm Syndrome underlying all this 'look what Mick's doing, hahahahahaha I'm so glad we got relegated to the third division with nary a whimper' stuff.
Don't get me wrong, the man's time was up and things were STALE, but pretending things are BETTER at ITFC now is lunacy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:15 - Jun 11 with 1135 viewsSimonds92

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 12:23 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

If this is really ruining football for you, you should probably consider taking up something less distressing for a hobby.
I'd avoid knitting, as dropped stitches can be HEARTBREAKING.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 12:25]

It does ruin football for me turning up to see your team are playing 2 holding midfielders (who have no creativity at all) against the team bottom of the league. Holding on to a 1-0 win or a point when it hits the 70th minute and worrying more about nullifying the opposition than letting your players be creative. I'm not happy to watch that personally.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 13:51]
There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:02 - Jun 11 with 1067 viewsJ2BLUE

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 12:51 - Jun 11 by unstableblue

.... he always had the wrong football ethos for this club, period. It was time for him to go, perhaps even 12 months earlier. He did a good job to keep us up, and had a good season, on a system and style built on sand.

Don't waste your breath on him. We should be focusing on Evans subsequent recruitment of Hurst - I believe from a McCarthy recommendation. And whether Lambert can rekindle the success of much earlier in his career.

Mick will no doubt continue to make digs and jibes, as his stubborness won't allow him to admit the flaws in this playing style.

MM's style didn't suit us in the end. It was exactly what we needed when he first came in but in his last couple of seasons people got tired of being also rans. Not that that was his fault, he did the best with what he had to work with. One thing I wish MM haters would admit is that he would probably get a club like Derby up. His style would be perfect for a side with a bit more quality. I really can't understand why they don't go for him. People say the game has moved on etc but he would still be successful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:04 - Jun 11 with 1059 viewsitfcjoe

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:02 - Jun 11 by J2BLUE

MM's style didn't suit us in the end. It was exactly what we needed when he first came in but in his last couple of seasons people got tired of being also rans. Not that that was his fault, he did the best with what he had to work with. One thing I wish MM haters would admit is that he would probably get a club like Derby up. His style would be perfect for a side with a bit more quality. I really can't understand why they don't go for him. People say the game has moved on etc but he would still be successful.

The issue is if he doesn't get them up, look at Pulis at Boro this year. He'd get them there or thereabouts but then if he fails it's a nightmare.

The equivalent of drinking Benadryl when you aren't ill was how I heard a season under Pulis which didn't result in promotion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:07 - Jun 11 with 1045 viewsOsborneOneNil

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:04 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

The issue is if he doesn't get them up, look at Pulis at Boro this year. He'd get them there or thereabouts but then if he fails it's a nightmare.

The equivalent of drinking Benadryl when you aren't ill was how I heard a season under Pulis which didn't result in promotion

Good analogy that.
There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:08 - Jun 11 with 1047 viewsJ2BLUE

There is no debate left over Mick.... on 16:04 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Agree. Even if he got them up he probably isn't the man for the Premier League but if Lampard doesn't get them up he'd be worth a one year deal with a big promotion bonus surely? So both he and the fans knew in advance it was just trying something different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:24 - Jun 11 with 1016 viewsBlueBadger

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:15 - Jun 11 by Simonds92

It does ruin football for me turning up to see your team are playing 2 holding midfielders (who have no creativity at all) against the team bottom of the league. Holding on to a 1-0 win or a point when it hits the 70th minute and worrying more about nullifying the opposition than letting your players be creative. I'm not happy to watch that personally.

See, now that's something WORTH getting the arse about, rather than what post-match cliches a former manager is coming out with today.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:45 - Jun 11 with 996 viewsBluefish

So why are you so happy now that he has gone then? We played two holding midfielders with both Lambert and Hurst and have struggled to hold on to any wins at all

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 17:07 - Jun 11 with 969 viewsMach_foreignBlue

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 12:22 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

I think you've mistaken 'take the piss out of' for 'crying'.

Unless it's despair at the lack of new material.

What 'piss out'? Do you mean yourself being so repetitive when it comes to Keane?

Just because you are so far up mccarthys arse doesn't mean that the people cannot slate this p***k.

Once again, you have your own Keane and Bowyer obsessions so you aren't in the position to lecture people when they slate mccarthy
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 17:08]
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 17:13 - Jun 11 with 953 viewsBluefish

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 17:07 - Jun 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

What 'piss out'? Do you mean yourself being so repetitive when it comes to Keane?

Just because you are so far up mccarthys arse doesn't mean that the people cannot slate this p***k.

Once again, you have your own Keane and Bowyer obsessions so you aren't in the position to lecture people when they slate mccarthy

Big fat Joe is a bigger prick. It might be time that I mention this daily on the board

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 17:18 - Jun 11 with 940 viewsSpruceMoose

I think, as we are now about to set forth into our second season without Mick, and may actually have something positive to look forward to, we should probably just stop all the arseaching about him, ignore him and focus on the manger and team we currently have, not the manager and team from two years ago.

Just my 2 cents.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:20 - Jun 11 with 936 viewsSpruceMoose

I fail to see how being that team on the bottom of the league was a much better spectacle for you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:10 - Jun 11 with 896 viewsSimonds92

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:20 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

I fail to see how being that team on the bottom of the league was a much better spectacle for you.

To be honest i didn't say that it was, i would have much rather we appointed a competent manager to replace mick, as he had built quite a decent team when he left. I'm hoping that we will end up going backwards to eventually move forward.
McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 18:28 - Jun 11 with 884 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy - I'd have taken 1-0 on 17:07 - Jun 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

And again, I'm not sure that 'the same old jokes rolled out again' is anywhere in the same league as 'someone mentions Mick and delicate flowers lose their sh1t', as you're doing here.

He's gone Mach, just like Roy before him.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 18:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024