Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany pre-season tournament announced... 09:04 - Jun 7 with 4756 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 09:18 - Jun 7 with 4052 viewsBigManBlue

At last! All Brexit and no football makes BigManBlue a dull boy.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 09:43 - Jun 7 with 3969 viewsbontcho

The 45 minute thing is a bit weird but that early in pre season I guess works nicely for everyone. Plus we might get some penalties practice for our LDV Vans glory run.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:03 - Jun 7 with 3908 viewsdirtyboy

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 09:43 - Jun 7 by bontcho

The 45 minute thing is a bit weird but that early in pre season I guess works nicely for everyone. Plus we might get some penalties practice for our LDV Vans glory run.

It's 90mins over the afternoon though, just a really big half time and maybe some pens thrown in.

Nice format to be fair for a little friendly tournament.
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:11 - Jun 7 with 3894 viewsitfcjoe

Location not the best for access - I have flight booked in and out of Cologne which are screwed but I knew that within an hour of booking as was given a slightly too late heads up.

Easiest option is probably ferry to Dunkirk then driving I'd guess? What are others thinking/doing?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:20 - Jun 7 with 3852 viewshatch

Chance to bring home more European glory and add to our Allez chant.
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:22 - Jun 7 with 3847 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:11 - Jun 7 by itfcjoe

Location not the best for access - I have flight booked in and out of Cologne which are screwed but I knew that within an hour of booking as was given a slightly too late heads up.

Easiest option is probably ferry to Dunkirk then driving I'd guess? What are others thinking/doing?

I'll probably take the train :-)

Although I see our friendly Fortuna colleagues are planning to organise a bus from Dusseldorf
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:37 - Jun 7 with 3790 viewsclive_baker

I'm flying into Cologne too, staying with a friend who lives there. We're going to drive up to the match from there and have a night there, it's about 2.5 hours apparently. £50 return flights from STN, can't grumble at that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:41 - Jun 7 with 3780 viewsJohnny_Boy

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:22 - Jun 7 by dusseldorf_blue

I'll probably take the train :-)

Although I see our friendly Fortuna colleagues are planning to organise a bus from Dusseldorf

Right then. Everything booked.

Berlin > Meppen train for Sunday morning (arrive 11am) 30€
Ticket for Event 12€
Hotel booked for Sunday night 55€
Meppen > Berlin train booked for Monday noon 30€

Bit of a whistlestop visit due to work commitments.
I look forward to meeting you & others
Login to get fewer ads

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:41 - Jun 7 with 3775 viewsitfcjoe

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:37 - Jun 7 by clive_baker

I'm flying into Cologne too, staying with a friend who lives there. We're going to drive up to the match from there and have a night there, it's about 2.5 hours apparently. £50 return flights from STN, can't grumble at that.

I booked Friday morning into Cologne and then about 7.30pm Sunday night back - I can't really afford to have Fri and Monday off so effectively both flights are redundant as need to come back on the Monday now.

Annoyingly I paid extra compared to mates to fly back Sunday instead of Monday, then even more to fly back at 7.30pm rather than 9.30pm for convenience.....the later flight may have worked with getting back to Cologne in time

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:44 - Jun 7 with 3743 viewsHeathlander

Ferry to Hook of Holland from Harwich. three hour drive to Meppen. Easy peasy.
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:51 - Jun 7 with 3723 viewsTIB

Did ferry and stopped in Gent on way to Düsseldorf friendly last time...will look to do same this time...undecided on whether to go for Paderborn or tournament though!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 3715 viewsTIB

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:44 - Jun 7 by Heathlander

I went out of Dover last time...this sounds far easier!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 3713 viewsitfcjoe

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:44 - Jun 7 by Heathlander

Overnight ferry not the best though and much pricier than getting to Dunkirk or Calais

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:59 - Jun 7 with 3687 viewsBrianTablet

Will we field a weakened team and concentrate on the league?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 11:39 - Jun 7 with 3605 viewsellerblue

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 10:59 - Jun 7 by BrianTablet

Will we field a weakened team and concentrate on the league?

An easy 2 hr drive for me and the Frau , hotel booked Friday to Monday, Meppen is a medium sized ton (35000 approx ) nice outside bars and resturants , booked tickets for matches no problem COYB .

Heinsberg Blue

Fly to Dusseldorf.... on 11:53 - Jun 7 with 3556 viewsBloots

....then a couple of hours direct on the train.

Easy.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 12:19 - Jun 7 with 3518 viewslinhdi

Booked flights to Dusseldorf out Sat back Mon. Fortuna Blues are doing a coach trip from Bar 95 to the game and back, and are hoping lots of Town fans will join them. There's a FB Group set up by Friede and Ulli, called Interwetten Cup.

Hotels in Dusseldorf are nice and cheap that weekend.

Very cheap Ryanair flights are available, with the usual health warning that they don't fly to Dusseldorf - they go to Weeze, which is around 60 miles / 90 minutes out of town. Bear in mind not only that cost but the potential awkwardness if you're on a very early flight back!

As others have mentioned, Hook of Holland is only a 3 hour drive from the game, but it's peak time of year for pricing. Calais to the game is roughly a 5-hour drive, Eurotunnel available at around £150.

Cheapest way to Dusseldorf is direct coach, bookable via loco2.com (which mostly does trains), showing at £32 sgl this morning.
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 12:27 - Jun 7 with 3493 viewsmonty_radio

I've just looked up the word Wetten as in "the Interwetten Cup" and discovered, of course, that we will be competing for "the Interbet Cup" - can't get away from it, can we?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

London City Airport.... on 13:16 - Jun 7 with 3389 viewsBloots

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 12:19 - Jun 7 by linhdi

Booked flights to Dusseldorf out Sat back Mon. Fortuna Blues are doing a coach trip from Bar 95 to the game and back, and are hoping lots of Town fans will join them. There's a FB Group set up by Friede and Ulli, called Interwetten Cup.

Very cheap Ryanair flights are available, with the usual health warning that they don't fly to Dusseldorf - they go to Weeze, which is around 60 miles / 90 minutes out of town. Bear in mind not only that cost but the potential awkwardness if you're on a very early flight back!

As others have mentioned, Hook of Holland is only a 3 hour drive from the game, but it's peak time of year for pricing. Calais to the game is roughly a 5-hour drive, Eurotunnel available at around £150.

Cheapest way to Dusseldorf is direct coach, bookable via loco2.com (which mostly does trains), showing at £32 sgl this morning.

....is the answer.

£81 Dusseldorf International.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

London City Airport.... on 13:22 - Jun 7 with 3370 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

London City Airport.... on 13:16 - Jun 7 by Bloots

....is the answer.

£81 Dusseldorf International.

Christ, Dusseldorf has gone up - paid a tenner each way on old O’LearyAir for the last one

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I got mine for £81 this morning.... on 13:25 - Jun 7 with 3354 viewsBloots

London City Airport.... on 13:22 - Jun 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ, Dusseldorf has gone up - paid a tenner each way on old O’LearyAir for the last one

...one of my mates (I've got 2 in total) has just tried to book the same flights and they've gone up to £111 already.

We are massive.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 13:29 - Jun 7 with 3338 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Anybody also planning to go to the game the week before?
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 14:21 - Jun 7 with 3269 viewslinhdi

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 13:29 - Jun 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Anybody also planning to go to the game the week before?

Yep, staying in Bielefeld the night before the game. Rushed trip from and to Lyon for WWCSFs and F, so leaving straight after the game.
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 14:29 - Jun 7 with 3254 viewsFriedie

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 12:19 - Jun 7 by linhdi

QUICK INFORMATION FOR OUR ENGLISH & GERMAN FRIENDS - WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR :

COACHES FOR THE TOURNAMENT IN MEPPEN FROM DÃœSSELDORF AND BACK WILL BE PLANNED NOW.
ADMISSION / TICKETS WILL BE ORGANISED OFFICIALLY IN CONNECTION WITH FORTUNA DUSSELDORF
PRICE P.P. / BUS SEAT will be around 25-30 Euros. please note that our first offer includes Bustransfer only. More Infos about tickets to come soon.
DEPARTURE & ARRIVAL WILL BE PLANNED MORE THAN LIKELY WITH BAR 95
PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOOKED PREVIOUSLY FOR THE PADERBORN FIXTURE WILL GET THEIR MONEY TRANSFERED BACK TO THEIR ACCOUNTS.
Further news to be announced next week.
Please share our Info.

Be always updated via our Fortuna Blues LTD Facebook-Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/difomeetsuk/

Cheers!
Ulli@Friedie
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 14:43]
Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 16:52 - Jun 7 with 3133 viewslinhdi

Germany pre-season tournament announced... on 14:29 - Jun 7 by Friedie

QUICK INFORMATION FOR OUR ENGLISH & GERMAN FRIENDS - WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR :

COACHES FOR THE TOURNAMENT IN MEPPEN FROM DÃœSSELDORF AND BACK WILL BE PLANNED NOW.
ADMISSION / TICKETS WILL BE ORGANISED OFFICIALLY IN CONNECTION WITH FORTUNA DUSSELDORF
PRICE P.P. / BUS SEAT will be around 25-30 Euros. please note that our first offer includes Bustransfer only. More Infos about tickets to come soon.
DEPARTURE & ARRIVAL WILL BE PLANNED MORE THAN LIKELY WITH BAR 95
PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOOKED PREVIOUSLY FOR THE PADERBORN FIXTURE WILL GET THEIR MONEY TRANSFERED BACK TO THEIR ACCOUNTS.
Further news to be announced next week.
Please share our Info.

Be always updated via our Fortuna Blues LTD Facebook-Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/difomeetsuk/

Cheers!
Ulli@Friedie
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 14:43]

Thank you both for getting this moving. Unlike the Germans to be so efficient ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024