Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison 22:21 - May 29 with 4478 viewsitfc_bucks

No idea the value, but I'm reliably told he's off to Portsmouth.

Same source told me about the Webster deal before it was announced.
Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:34 - May 29 with 4352 viewsKieran_Knows

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. I’ve always thought if it was between him and Jackson to leave, it would be Harrison.

Starting the season with Norwood, Jackson and 1 other with Sears to return in January. Is that going to be enough?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:36 - May 29 with 4319 viewsHerbivore

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:34 - May 29 by Kieran_Knows

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. I’ve always thought if it was between him and Jackson to leave, it would be Harrison.

Starting the season with Norwood, Jackson and 1 other with Sears to return in January. Is that going to be enough?

Nope.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:37 - May 29 with 4319 viewsJ2BLUE

Harrison got 14 goals at league one level last time. I think this is a mistake if true.

Sears returns in January at best and will take time to get up to match fitness. That's if we somehow break our long term injury curse.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:38 - May 29 with 4291 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:37 - May 29 by J2BLUE

Harrison got 14 goals at league one level last time. I think this is a mistake if true.

Sears returns in January at best and will take time to get up to match fitness. That's if we somehow break our long term injury curse.

Depends who we get in (if there's any truth in it).

Let's wait and see.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:38 - May 29 with 4292 viewsKieran_Knows

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:36 - May 29 by Herbivore

Nope.

Wonder if we may use one of the loan ‘slots’ on a striker for 6 months till January? Young Prem player maybe?

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:41 - May 29 with 4263 viewsKieran_Knows

Very much true, but just get the impression PL doesn’t fancy him (purely speculation on my part). Injured for large parts of the season, and when fit, barely featured under PL. Can only presume if we get back what we paid, he’d be off.

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:41 - May 29 with 4252 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:38 - May 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Let's wait and see.

Agree. Not too worried as I assume we have someone else lined up (in addition to Norwood) if he's being allowed to leave.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:43 - May 29 with 4235 viewsclive_baker

Harrison is a cut above Jackson but I wouldn’t lose sleep over either moving on. It’s a shame if he goes to a divisional rival but needs must to free up funds for an upgrade.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:43 - May 29 with 4228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:38 - May 29 by Kieran_Knows

Wonder if we may use one of the loan ‘slots’ on a striker for 6 months till January? Young Prem player maybe?

Tyler Walker on loan would be interesting.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:48 - May 29 with 4170 viewsdavblue

Harrison has more to his game than Jackson but I'm not sure either are up to much.
Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 23:01 - May 29 with 4068 viewsSomethingBlue

If it's a football decision then I'd really rather we didn't do that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 23:12 - May 29 with 3997 viewsJakeITFC

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 23:01 - May 29 by SomethingBlue

If it's a football decision then I'd really rather we didn't do that.

If it’s Harrison v Will Keane or somebody of that ilk, I think it’s the right thing to do.

I do think that Harrison has the attributes to be a quite complete player at this level, but I don’t think he will be given the time to develop into that with us (rightly or wrongly).
Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 23:36 - May 29 with 3902 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well having 9 strikers/forwards (or whatever it was) didn't work this season. I'm all for a much smaller squad. 3 central strikers of first team level would be enough. Question is where does Sears fit in; probably not as one of those central strikers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 00:07 - May 30 with 3786 viewspointofblue

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 23:36 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

Well having 9 strikers/forwards (or whatever it was) didn't work this season. I'm all for a much smaller squad. 3 central strikers of first team level would be enough. Question is where does Sears fit in; probably not as one of those central strikers.

By the time Sears is fit at least one of our other strikers will be crocked.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 01:20 - May 30 with 3686 viewsharlingblue

I think that Harrison, if given a fair chance, would make the grade this year. He is a far more complete footballer than Jackson, who has pace to burn, but not the finesse to go with it?
The latter I would like to see converted to a winger, where his pace would be an asset, crossing and tracking back skills to be drilled in by our coaching staff?
Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:27 - May 30 with 3137 viewshadleighboyblue

I see more potential in Harrison than in Jackson , so would prefer to keep Harrison
Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:35 - May 30 with 3083 viewsHerbivore

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 23:36 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

Three strikers isn't enough. I'm hoping that we'll play two up top next season, at least a fair bit of the time, so having three strikers means you're only an injury or suspension away from having no striking option on the bench.

Having reflected on this a bit more I can see the logic. If Norwood really is a done deal then I think him and Harrison are too similar. Both not the biggest but decent in the air, both work hard and occupy the centre backs without having all that much in the way of pace. Norwood has the better goalscoring pedigree, albeit at a lower level. I imagine we want different options up front so Norwood arriving pushes Harrison out and makes room for someone who is a bit more of a presence.

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:50 - May 30 with 2995 viewschristiand

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:35 - May 30 by Herbivore

Three strikers isn't enough. I'm hoping that we'll play two up top next season, at least a fair bit of the time, so having three strikers means you're only an injury or suspension away from having no striking option on the bench.

Having reflected on this a bit more I can see the logic. If Norwood really is a done deal then I think him and Harrison are too similar. Both not the biggest but decent in the air, both work hard and occupy the centre backs without having all that much in the way of pace. Norwood has the better goalscoring pedigree, albeit at a lower level. I imagine we want different options up front so Norwood arriving pushes Harrison out and makes room for someone who is a bit more of a presence.

If he's playing 1 up front, which he did for the majority of the time last season, then having to keep two other strikers happy instead of three would be much easier. It might be what you want, but PL like most managers seems to be a stubborn old chap and once he's made up his mind he's not one for turning.

[Post edited 30 May 2019 7:51]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:58 - May 30 with 2937 viewsHerbivore

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:50 - May 30 by christiand

If he's playing 1 up front, which he did for the majority of the time last season, then having to keep two other strikers happy instead of three would be much easier. It might be what you want, but PL like most managers seems to be a stubborn old chap and once he's made up his mind he's not one for turning.

[Post edited 30 May 2019 7:51]

Although he was hampered last season by a lack of options up front, which may have forced his hand. We did play two up front with a midfield diamond at times and looked more of a threat imo. I think he may look to go that way in League 1 if he has more striking options. It suits the rest of our squad far better than a 4-3-3.

That said, even if we start with one main striker there will be times we need to change to two up top during games and again we'd be just one injury or suspension away from being very light up front.

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 08:16 - May 30 with 2839 viewschristiand

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 07:58 - May 30 by Herbivore

Although he was hampered last season by a lack of options up front, which may have forced his hand. We did play two up front with a midfield diamond at times and looked more of a threat imo. I think he may look to go that way in League 1 if he has more striking options. It suits the rest of our squad far better than a 4-3-3.

That said, even if we start with one main striker there will be times we need to change to two up top during games and again we'd be just one injury or suspension away from being very light up front.

No, I agree we looked more threatening with two up front when PL decided to change formation at times. However, PL's default is 4-3-3 which he showed last season. Which means the more strikers he has, the more difficult it is to keep them all happy. Who'd be a manager?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 08:19 - May 30 with 2820 viewsparkinshair

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 22:38 - May 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Let's wait and see.

Also have to bear in mind other factors. Harrison may want to move on for personal reasons, not everyone settles in the area etc...
For what it's worth, I was told Harrison would be gone this summer a long while before the Portsmouth story.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 08:27 - May 30 with 2762 viewsShropshireBluenago09

After such an awful season, he probably wants to move on. Also, his wages might be the defining factor of Norwood signing

Gus Uhlenbeek

Apparently we've accepted a bid for Harrison on 09:27 - May 30 with 2502 viewstitanicclown

This move would make sense.

Sell Harrison for between £750k and £1 mill.

Sign Norwood and Keane for zip.

Thats just good business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024