Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson - court case 11:32 - May 29 with 5154 viewsNo9

Just announced, judge decides Mr Johnson must go on trial

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/boris-johnson-trial-brexit-court-lyi

Have to hope he gets done - & not in a small way
Boris Johnson - court case on 12:59 - May 29 with 787 viewsmanchego

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:47 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

Pick the bones out of this. http://www.dailyglobe.co.uk/comment/the-many-lies-of-the-remain-campaign/
[Post edited 29 May 2019 12:48]

Most of that is true.
I'd question No 3 but we have been having emergency budgets since 2008.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:00 - May 29 with 786 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:47 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

Pick the bones out of this. http://www.dailyglobe.co.uk/comment/the-many-lies-of-the-remain-campaign/
[Post edited 29 May 2019 12:48]

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

The UK economy has contracted as a result and there was an emergency budget, of sorts, from the BoE the day after the vote.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:03 - May 29 with 781 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:36 - May 29 by ActionMan

The Lib Dems promoted leaflets (and signs) whos headline was "Vote for Lib Dem to stop Brexit" in EU Parliamentary elections this month, which is not within the remit of MEP's, so shouldn't those new Lib Dem MEP's also face charges for misleading the electorate? Or is it okay to lie so long as you agree with the liar to begin with?

That doesnt mean its wrong to take BJ to court.

Your argument is flawed.

If the Lib Dems have a case to answer, then they should go to court to.

Thats the beauty of a Court..... it is there to consider the evidence, and decide on guilt.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:11 - May 29 with 759 viewsmanchego

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:00 - May 29 by footers

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

The UK economy has contracted as a result and there was an emergency budget, of sorts, from the BoE the day after the vote.

Seems like No 1 isn't a lie.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:13 - May 29 with 756 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:11 - May 29 by manchego

Seems like No 1 isn't a lie.

Really couldn't be arsed to go through the whole thing! #Some men hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest#

Sad times.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:14 - May 29 with 752 viewsPinewoodblue

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

Making a comment, knowing it is a distortion of the truth is a lie. It never ceases to amaze me how people, on both side of the Brexit divide, are willing to dismiss facts simply because they don't support their viewpoint.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:15 - May 29 with 750 viewsmanchego

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

5 is reasonable and 6 is true.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:16 - May 29 with 740 viewsmanchego

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

8 is true.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:20 - May 29 with 727 viewsgiant_stow

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:14 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

Making a comment, knowing it is a distortion of the truth is a lie. It never ceases to amaze me how people, on both side of the Brexit divide, are willing to dismiss facts simply because they don't support their viewpoint.

Take no 2 on your list: "Voting to leave the EU would have an immediate detrimental effect on the UK’s economy"

It did have a detrimental effect on the economy - it grew slower than predicted and that was with the aid of emergency propping up.

And in any case, this was a prediction based on the best economic guesses of the time - nothing like the bus lie

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:21 - May 29 with 721 viewsmanchego

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

9 isn't untrue.

We had special status already and Cameron very slightly added to it.

I found this:

The UK already had a legally binding opt-out from the single currency and Schengen (passport-free movement zone), negotiated prior to the 1992 Maastricht Treaty and the 1997 Amsterdam Treaty respectively. Any special status dates back to this period, or even earlier to the permanent budget rebate negotiated by Margaret Thatcher in 1984.

Cameron’s renegotiation now adds a promise by the European Council to change the wording of the EU treaties at an unspecified point in the future to: “make it clear that the [treaty] references to ever-closer union do not apply to the UK”.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:27 - May 29 with 712 viewsGeoffSentence

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:00 - May 29 by artsbossbeard

the timing is spot on. Do you want a proven liar to be the next PM?

I suppose, at least we would know where we stood with a proven liar, which is a better position to be in than if we had a probable liar in charge.

That's the best I can get out of this, except of course, that it could scupper his chances.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:29 - May 29 with 710 viewsmanchego

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

10 was avoided because :

British have agreed to pledge more money on securing Calais, as well as a speeding up of the asylum process.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:30 - May 29 with 706 viewsmanchego

#2 and #3 aren't lies.

11 is too vague because it doesn't allow for the kind of deal / no deal we leave on.

We will be worse off however.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:40 - May 29 with 682 viewsbraveblue

Pure political stunt. Judge should be embarrassed.
Boris Johnson - court case on 13:40 - May 29 with 680 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:40 - May 29 by braveblue

You should be embarrassed for posting that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:41 - May 29 with 675 viewsJ2BLUE

How does our rebate work? Do we send the entire amount, some of which is then sent back?

Either way i'd be amazed if BJ loses this case. Seems a fairly simple one to defend.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:42 - May 29 with 675 viewsartsbossbeard

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:40 - May 29 by braveblue

We have more regulation over misleading advertising than we do over what rubbish our politicians are allowed to spread.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Boris Johnson - court case on 14:11 - May 29 with 626 viewsNo9

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:41 - May 29 by J2BLUE

How does our rebate work? Do we send the entire amount, some of which is then sent back?

Either way i'd be amazed if BJ loses this case. Seems a fairly simple one to defend.

You don't think- given his history of lies that he will beat all 3 counts?
Boris Johnson - court case on 14:14 - May 29 with 622 viewsNo9

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:19 - May 29 by ShropshireBluenago09

that doesnt make it right though

What doesn't make it right?
Look at Mr Johnsons career it isn't a case of did he lie, it's a case of has he ever told the truth.
Boris Johnson - court case on 14:15 - May 29 with 622 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris Johnson - court case on 14:11 - May 29 by No9

You don't think- given his history of lies that he will beat all 3 counts?

I think his legal team will make short work of this case. He was dishonest. I'm sure his team will argue that the EU chooses where the rebate goes so we do effectively send them £350m and technically we could have redirected money from those rebate to the NHS. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson - court case on 14:15 - May 29 with 620 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson - court case on 14:14 - May 29 by No9

What doesn't make it right?
Look at Mr Johnsons career it isn't a case of did he lie, it's a case of has he ever told the truth.

To rip off dear judge Judy:

When can you tell when Boris is lying?

His lips move.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris Johnson - court case on 14:15 - May 29 with 621 viewsNo9

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:22 - May 29 by homer_123

Yes but that that may not stop people taking an MP to court and curtailing/ slowing/ derailing the political process.

BUT, if you look up the case files it is quite clear that no one copuld bring any case just for the hell of it.
This has been going on for months & today was the 3rd hearing before the judge.
Boris Johnson - court case on 14:24 - May 29 with 613 viewsClapham_Junction

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:20 - May 29 by giant_stow

Take no 2 on your list: "Voting to leave the EU would have an immediate detrimental effect on the UK’s economy"

It did have a detrimental effect on the economy - it grew slower than predicted and that was with the aid of emergency propping up.

And in any case, this was a prediction based on the best economic guesses of the time - nothing like the bus lie

One thing that particularly sticks in my craw is the inability of some people to differentiate between speaking about the past/present and predicting the future.

Lying about what has happened or a current situation is different to predictions of what might happen, even if predictions are ludicrous.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 14:24]
Boris Johnson - court case on 14:41 - May 29 with 580 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Boris Johnson - court case on 12:55 - May 29 by manchego

We don't.

350m equates to 18 bn quid.

We send 9 bn quid.

The net amount is £9 billion after the EU takes the initial 18 billion and distributes back to us - What is the point of that!

Gus Uhlenbeek

Boris Johnson - court case on 14:51 - May 29 with 563 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson - court case on 13:41 - May 29 by J2BLUE

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024