Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? 00:10 - May 29 with 3997 viewsJoHnNnY

He won’t be coming. Been too drawn out.

Thinking of possible targets.. Does anybody else think there is any “surplus” Championship strikers that would score 30+ goals in league 2... I’m sure there’s a few.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:13 - May 29 with 664 viewshomer_123

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 08:14 - May 29 by Herbivore

The step up to League 1 from League 2 is incomparable to the step up from League 1 to the Championship though (or from League 2 to the Champ in Jackson's case). I'd expect Norwood to be effective in League 1 but I think people are also getting a bit carried away. I watched him in the play off games and he looked decent but I couldn't see him doing much in the Championship. Thankfully we don't need him to next season.

He's got a very decent pedigree at a level. All I am saying is that we have direct experience of strikers with a pedigree at a lower level not being able to step up.

Like you, I'm simply not getting carried away - no more or less.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:17 - May 29 with 654 viewsMrTown

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 07:30 - May 29 by homer_123

I refer the Honourable gentleman to Jackson and Harrison.

We aren’t talking about a player who were 14th and 9th top scorers etc in their leagues, we are talking about someone who has by far and away led the goal charts making one step up to League 1.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 9:19]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:18 - May 29 with 646 viewsSomethingBlue

How on earth has it been "drawn-out"?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:20 - May 29 with 638 viewsartsbossbeard

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:18 - May 29 by SomethingBlue

Sometimes, it's easier to simply slap your own forehead or roll your eyes rather than getting involved.

Sometimes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:20 - May 29 with 636 viewsIpswichKnight

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:18 - May 29 by SomethingBlue

Well exactly! Probably as we didn't announce the signing exactly 1 millisecond after the Play-off final!
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:27 - May 29 with 593 viewsfactual_blue

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:20 - May 29 by artsbossbeard

Sometimes, it's easier to simply slap your own forehead or roll your eyes rather than getting involved.

Sometimes.

And other times, only this will do

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:33 - May 29 with 566 viewschristiand

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:05 - May 29 by Mullet

No one is writing him off, merely the opposite.

When he's not even signed and is coming from Tranmere who have just massively overachieved, you'd be a fool to ignore last summer let alone the Priskin, Parkin lineage of signings too.

Calling me blinkered for something I've not said in this manner is only proving my point. As for a better side, we're utterly toot. Up there as the worst side in Championship history with a loser's mentality. People seem to be glossing over how much work needs to be done.

I actually wasn't referring to you and your comments. Nevertheless there have been players that have stepped up from the lower leagues and in the right environment made their mark in the professional game.

https://blog.pitchero.com/10-premier-league-talents-who-started-their-careers-in

I agree there is plenty to do based on last season, but that was last season and a line needs to be drawn underneath it and we collectively move on. We aren't the only the club that has ever been relegated, but it isn't insurmountable to turn things around. The change has to start somewhere and getting a natural goalscorer in would be a terrific start on our climb back.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:36 - May 29 with 555 viewsmonty_radio

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 00:58 - May 29 by MrTown

Proven scoring pedigree, near undeniable.

Scored near 150 goals at his last 2 clubs (Tranmere & FGR), over 50 assists.

Top goal scorer in League 2 with 32, top scorer at Tranmere with the 3rd top scorer coming in with 6, seemingly fired Tranmere into League 1 over the course of a season. Fantastic movement, aggression, selfishness, nastiness, real goal scorer.... pedigree.

And we’ll miss out on him.

Always used the term pedigree in football context to relate to an individuals credibility, and in context Norwood comes with that.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 1:04]

Not dissimilar to Hurst when he fetched up here.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:41 - May 29 with 535 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:20 - May 29 by IpswichKnight

Well exactly! Probably as we didn't announce the signing exactly 1 millisecond after the Play-off final!

Rather disappointed he didn’t have his unveiling on the Wembley pitch, tbh

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 09:43 - May 29 with 528 viewsNazemariner

Most players considering their futures will be doing so on a sunbed over the course of the next few weeks. The Norwood deal could well have been signed and sealed long ago, or it may never of been a thing in the first place. Either way there is plenty of time for consideration from both parties.
Norwood isn’t ITFC’s striking saviour? on 10:38 - May 29 with 465 viewsDevereuxxx

A lot of people seem to labouring under the impression we're still in the Championship. If we hadn't been relegated, but signed the top scorer in League One on a free people would be having kittens.

If he does sign it's definitely a positive. We can't start saying 'oh he's not worth it because he might not score goals in the Championship, if we get promoted.'

Also the gap between Tranmere's promotion and now isn't that concerning. I'd still be on the sesh also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024