Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honestly what is the matter with people 23:53 - May 26 with 6271 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nearly a third of voters going for a liar and charlatan and to make the country poorer.
People are idiotic. Is democracy the best way?
[Post edited 27 May 2019 0:53]
Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:34 - May 27 with 694 viewsJ2BLUE

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:33 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Someone has spent their bank holiday drinking alone...

Um Bongo. Out of a glass, he's not allowed to use the straw without supervision.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:35 - May 27 with 694 viewsgrimboy

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:33 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Someone has spent their bank holiday drinking alone...

That’s because your wife has a life and yours only exists on here .
Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:38 - May 27 with 682 viewsOxford_Blue

Honestly what is the matter with people on 17:42 - May 27 by HARRY10

3 years go - how many of them are now dead or no longer hold that view ?

Less than 45% of the EU vote suggest a large number fall into that category.

Brexit is not going to happen.

This is about democracy.

We had a process, the rules of which were agreed by Parliament and the electorate were told clearly that it would be a one vote issue.

Leave won by over a million votes.

At the next election, nearly 80% of the electorate voted for parties who had promised to uphold the vote and leave the EU. The Tories promised they would leave the customs union and no deal was better than a bad deal (it is in their manifesto).

Nearly 500 MPs voted to Trigger Article 50, meaning the UK should have left on 31 March.

To have a second referendum now is to break the promises made, break the trust of millions in the country's political systems and change the goal posts. It makes matters worse that a key argument for needing a second referendum is that the deal on the table is so bad. That is the fault of the Tory party that negotiated so badly and which failed to prepare for a no deal in the last three years.

I do understand this is a terribly divisive issue. I think another referendum campaign will do extreme damage to this country. I’m also not even sure what the question will be.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 18:40]
Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:41 - May 27 with 672 viewspickles110564

What a happy person you are, glad i am not spending time around you.
Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:43 - May 27 with 670 viewsWeWereZombies

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:23 - May 27 by J2BLUE

'for example there was a Paedophile Information Exchange campaign group until 1984'

What?!? Operating openly?

Different times but, unfortunately, yes there was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:45 - May 27 with 666 viewsOxford_Blue

This is an argument for having a general election ever few years because people die who voted in the last system. It seems to me this is a poor argument, and would cause confusion and chaos.

As I suggest above, we had an agreed process, that was then ratified on a number of occasions, and the result and those promises need to be honoured.
Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:50 - May 27 with 659 viewsSwansea_Blue

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:38 - May 27 by Oxford_Blue

This is about democracy.

We had a process, the rules of which were agreed by Parliament and the electorate were told clearly that it would be a one vote issue.

At the next election, nearly 80% of the electorate voted for parties who had promised to uphold the vote and leave the EU. The Tories promised they would leave the customs union and no deal was better than a bad deal (it is in their manifesto).

Nearly 500 MPs voted to Trigger Article 50, meaning the UK should have left on 31 March.

To have a second referendum now is to break the promises made, break the trust of millions in the country's political systems and change the goal posts. It makes matters worse that a key argument for needing a second referendum is that the deal on the table is so bad. That is the fault of the Tory party that negotiated so badly and which failed to prepare for a no deal in the last three years.

I do understand this is a terribly divisive issue. I think another referendum campaign will do extreme damage to this country. I’m also not even sure what the question will be.

And yet the deal May negotiated would have taken us out of the customs union, but was rejected by (amongst others) the hard Brexiteers.

Why is her deal so bad?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:53 - May 27 with 656 viewsSpruceMoose

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:35 - May 27 by grimboy

That’s because your wife has a life and yours only exists on here .

You're obsessed with my wife...

Do you have one of your own?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:57 - May 27 with 650 viewsWeWereZombies

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:45 - May 27 by Oxford_Blue

This is an argument for having a general election ever few years because people die who voted in the last system. It seems to me this is a poor argument, and would cause confusion and chaos.

As I suggest above, we had an agreed process, that was then ratified on a number of occasions, and the result and those promises need to be honoured.

I am not sure we had anything as clinical as an agreed process. The referendum was non-binding but something spooked the Tories (the murder of Jo Cox?) into haring off on the 'Brexit means Brexit' course despite the narrow mandate. All the rational routes have been found to be unworkable. Now the only thing everyone can agree on is that we want to get Brexit done one way or another (or another, or another, or cancelled). OK, we all just want it to stop. But we seem not to know how, or how we got here. The United Kingdom has become the equivalent of an eighteen wheeler whose driver has relied on the satnav and ended up down a cart track.

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:58 - May 27 with 646 viewsJ2BLUE

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:43 - May 27 by WeWereZombies

Different times but, unfortunately, yes there was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

Cheers for that. Perhaps i'm naive but whenever I hear of something like this I just can't believe it. I'm still not over reading about a 'pro rape' activist on here a couple of years ago. Amazing that these people exist and will openly admit it.

Truly impaired.

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:00 - May 27 with 639 viewsWeWereZombies

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:58 - May 27 by J2BLUE

Cheers for that. Perhaps i'm naive but whenever I hear of something like this I just can't believe it. I'm still not over reading about a 'pro rape' activist on here a couple of years ago. Amazing that these people exist and will openly admit it.

OK, I had better not mention Operation Spanner then...

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:03 - May 27 with 630 viewsJ2BLUE

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:00 - May 27 by WeWereZombies

OK, I had better not mention Operation Spanner then...

Wow. Some of the things i'm learning here like Thatcher being against LGBT rights and 75% of UK people thinking homosexuality was wrong in the 70s! How far society has come in a relatively short time.

Truly impaired.

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:05 - May 27 with 623 viewsSpruceMoose

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:03 - May 27 by J2BLUE

Wow. Some of the things i'm learning here like Thatcher being against LGBT rights and 75% of UK people thinking homosexuality was wrong in the 70s! How far society has come in a relatively short time.

That's why we can't let a few hateful thickos drag us back to the dark ages.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:07 - May 27 with 615 viewsJ2BLUE

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:05 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

That's why we can't let a few hateful thickos drag us back to the dark ages.

*sigh* I'm going to end up a liberal aren't I? Sickening.

Truly impaired.

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:09 - May 27 with 609 viewsSpruceMoose

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:07 - May 27 by J2BLUE

You don’t have to mate. There is a moderate conservative argument to be made that can be respected. I wouldn't lump folk with those views in with the willfully ignorant Brexit Party lot.

If that's where your world view sits, advocate for it.

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:28 - May 27 with 593 viewsballycastle

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:08 - May 27 by HARRY10

It is not a party. No members, no elected officers and very dubious funding.

Merely shifting confused bigots from area to another is hardly any change. In fact the only change is the drop in the Leave vote.

And perhaps you can tell us all why the UK is still in the EU. So much for fart rages claim of independence day.

When are you going to learn? Using bigotry to call someone else a bigot.

Fool.
Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:31 - May 27 with 581 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:17 - May 27 by J2BLUE

The young are far more likely to support remain so with each passing month the balance should, in theory, tip further towards remain.

I’m aware of that but 3 years is hardly going to have caused a significant swing

People’s views also change as they get older - so not as simple as just saying Brexiteers will die and everyone will be remainers

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:47 - May 27 with 569 viewsGlasgowBlue

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:58 - May 27 by J2BLUE

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/pie-controversy-harriet-harman-has-

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:48 - May 27 with 572 viewsSpruceMoose

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:28 - May 27 by ballycastle

When are you going to learn? Using bigotry to call someone else a bigot.

Fool.

The definition of bigot is pretty well defined. It is in no way bigotry to aim criticism at someone who is being bigoted.

Basically in idiot's terms, don't be a bigot if you don't want to be called a bigot.

Honestly what is the matter with people on 20:32 - May 27 with 547 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:48 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

The definition of bigot is pretty well defined. It is in no way bigotry to aim criticism at someone who is being bigoted.

Basically in idiot's terms, don't be a bigot if you don't want to be called a bigot.

The definition of bigot is someone that is intolerant of others who hold different opinion to them. A characteristic you display consistently on here

Basically in idiots terms, don’t be a bigot if you don’t want to be called a bigot

Honestly what is the matter with people on 20:57 - May 27 with 540 viewsWeWereZombies

Honestly what is the matter with people on 19:07 - May 27 by J2BLUE

Unless you are a thirteenth century warlord I think it is pretty difficult to form opinions without having some element of liberality in your outlook, it is impossible to join up thoughts otherwise. But the political definition of liberal has gone through many twists and turns as well as having a different meaning on each side of the Atlantic. The original liberal politicians were the Spanish 'los liberales':

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalismo_espa%C3%B1ol

About fifty years later in Britain the Whig Party (basically what followed on from the roundheads) became the foundation for the Liberal Party (who were dissolved in 1988 as it became clear that those who had abandoned it for a merger with the Social Democratic Party were almost all of the pre-existing Liberal Party).

Honestly what is the matter with people on 21:06 - May 27 with 531 viewsHARRY10

Honestly what is the matter with people on 18:38 - May 27 by Oxford_Blue

This is about democracy.

Dear god are you still whining ?

The referendum was advisory so MPs are free to decide as they see fit

The general election means MPs are free to decide

There was NO mandate in either votes - that's how the UK lawful democratic process works andyou knew, or should have known, this before you voted both times - that you appear to have not known and still don't know is not an excuse.

So stop whinging like an over tired child as it is over, so dry your eyes and accept what democracy means ie you bunch of bigots lost
Honestly what is the matter with people on 21:18 - May 27 with 510 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Honestly what is the matter with people on 21:06 - May 27 by HARRY10

There was NO mandate in either votes - that's how the UK lawful democratic process works andyou knew, or should have known, this before you voted both times - that you appear to have not known and still don't know is not an excuse.

So stop whinging like an over tired child as it is over, so dry your eyes and accept what democracy means ie you bunch of bigots lost

Word of advice - probably worth looking up the definition of bigot before responding to a well reasoned post that you disagree with by throwing a strop and calling the other person one...

Honestly what is the matter with people on 22:04 - May 27 with 489 viewsOxford_Blue

Honestly what is the matter with people on 21:06 - May 27 by HARRY10

I’ll ignore the unnecessary personal abuse in your post because i think that says more about you than me.

Just picking up a few points of fact:

- the Supreme Court held in the Miller case that the constitutional position was clear - Parliament not the government had to trigger Article 50.

- Parliament then triggered Article 50 - which gave effect to the referendum result; so I don’t agree that after this point the referendum was advisory: Parliament voted overwhelmingly to give effect to the referendum.

- the general election saw 80% of the electorate vote for parties which had promised to leave the EU.

Consequently, it is clear that the constitutional and parliamentary mechanisms have endorsed the referendum result twice. What they can’t now do is decide on the means of leaving.
Honestly what is the matter with people on 22:11 - May 27 with 478 viewsHARRY10

Honestly what is the matter with people on 22:04 - May 27 by Oxford_Blue

I’ll ignore the unnecessary personal abuse in your post because i think that says more about you than me.

Just picking up a few points of fact:

- the Supreme Court held in the Miller case that the constitutional position was clear - Parliament not the government had to trigger Article 50.

- Parliament then triggered Article 50 - which gave effect to the referendum result; so I don’t agree that after this point the referendum was advisory: Parliament voted overwhelmingly to give effect to the referendum.

- the general election saw 80% of the electorate vote for parties which had promised to leave the EU.

Consequently, it is clear that the constitutional and parliamentary mechanisms have endorsed the referendum result twice. What they can’t now do is decide on the means of leaving.

Only one slight flaw,

The Parliament that triggered Art 50 is not the Parliament that is now.

So if you want to spout constitutional 'law' then perhaps it might be an idea to check your facts first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024