Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV shows that have been hard to let go... 21:24 - May 16 with 5126 viewsSE1blue

Obviously GOT ending next week but tonight (here in Canada) is the last ever episode of The Big Bang Theory.

I know it's only a tv show but I am absolutely gutted its ending. Started watching this when my wife's mother got cancer and it got us through some really tough times and allowed us an escape from real life. It has continued to do that long after her death.

It's a weird feeling knowing that it's just tv but knowing it is something that has become part of your routine/relationship etc.

Anyone else had shows that they found hard to let go?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:09 - May 17 with 2107 viewsSpruceMoose

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:11 - May 17 by Swailsey

Visiting his grave as John felt so wrong. I think Spruce is yet to pick it up again, 5 months later!

I can not go back yet. It is too soon to play farmer with John while Arthur lies cold in the ground.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:10 - May 17 with 2106 viewsSE1blue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:00 - May 17 by Vaughan8

This series of GoT hasn't impressed me and I actually can't wait for it to be over! haha Love the earlier series, this one has not got my interest as much.

I know I'll be in the minority (as you can't say anything bad about it haha).

Loved the Big bang Theory! Breaking Bad I binge watched and my evenings felt empty when I finished that!

******GOT SPOILERS IN THIS ONE*******

I've really enjoyed this last season but does seem to have lost its unpredictability. Too many loved characters surviving impossible odds.

I enjoyed the battle episode but this weeks episode with Cersei's death was majorly disappointing for me.

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:12 - May 17 with 2093 viewsJ2BLUE

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:10 - May 17 by SE1blue

******GOT SPOILERS IN THIS ONE*******

I've really enjoyed this last season but does seem to have lost its unpredictability. Too many loved characters surviving impossible odds.

I enjoyed the battle episode but this weeks episode with Cersei's death was majorly disappointing for me.

*******GOT SPOILERS*******

I enjoyed it. Her death was poetic. Such a ruthless character happy to sentence others to death suddenly panicking and breaking down at the thought of her own demise.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:16 - May 17 with 2073 viewsSE1blue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:12 - May 17 by J2BLUE

*******GOT SPOILERS*******

I enjoyed it. Her death was poetic. Such a ruthless character happy to sentence others to death suddenly panicking and breaking down at the thought of her own demise.

S'pose...I had just hoped for a foot-on-the-neck-and-sword-through-an-eye kind of demise.lol.

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 15:45 - May 17 with 2036 viewsDebsyAngel

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:06 - May 17 by SE1blue

Good point. I found it hard to finish reading All Quiet On The Western Front.

You've invested so much in the characters.

Gilmore Girls - not aware of many Brits who watch it but I loved it. My husband bought me all the DVDs for my birthday last year.
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:48 - May 17 with 2008 viewsWeWereZombies

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:02 - May 17 by J2BLUE

I have never watched the end of Breaking Bad. Watched all but the last 6 episodes or so. I'm like that with books as well. I never want to finish them.

It's like friends dying

If you get the DVD of the final series (if I remember correctly this is in two box sets so I guess you just need the second one) one of the extras is an alternative ending so you could watch that and just miss out the final five minutes of the final episode.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:54 - May 17 with 1999 viewsGeoffSentence

BBT are making it easier to let go by making it progressively less funny for each new season. I still like it but it's not been great for a few seasons.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:58 - May 17 with 1996 viewsjeera

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:48 - May 17 by WeWereZombies

If you get the DVD of the final series (if I remember correctly this is in two box sets so I guess you just need the second one) one of the extras is an alternative ending so you could watch that and just miss out the final five minutes of the final episode.

Not sure about hard to let go, but sure, certainly missed Better Call Saul when each series has ended.

Many of the long -running series become dull eventually and a struggle to watch anyway.

I was especially disappointed with Luther 5 as that was one programme I'd become attached to in the past, being only a few episodes at a time, and this latest one seemed to have dreadfully run out of ideas.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:59 - May 17 with 1994 viewsjeera

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:34 - May 17 by vilanovablue

No he was Bob's Dad...

He was brilliant!

Wide-eyed crazed look. Very very funny character, wonderfully played.

Good for him (and you).

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 18:49 - May 17 with 1977 viewsGlasgowBlue

Lost. I still have reoccurring dreams that I’m in the Dhama Initiative in the 1970’s.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 13:51 - May 30 with 1872 viewsWeWereZombies

My attempt to mimic Calum Gilhooley on Darth's 'independence on the way' thread reminded me of how much I miss 'Absolutely':

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 14:15 - May 30 with 1860 viewsGeoffSentence

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:59 - May 17 by jeera

He was brilliant!

Wide-eyed crazed look. Very very funny character, wonderfully played.

Good for him (and you).

surprised it hasn't been posted already

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 16:19 - May 30 with 1832 viewsShropshireBluenago09

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 09:32 - May 17 by WeWereZombies

Breaking Bad

Fleabag

The Fast Show

Shameless

Just started watching Breaking Bad, into the 3rd episode. Superb.

Gus Uhlenbeek

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 16:35 - May 30 with 1827 viewsKTBlue

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 16:19 - May 30 by ShropshireBluenago09

Just started watching Breaking Bad, into the 3rd episode. Superb.

Thought i was the last person on earth to watch it. Finished a few months ago. It is consistently as good as youll have been told
TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:00 - May 30 with 1817 viewsHolyGoalie

Angel and Father Ted. Father Ted came about the time when I was starting to get comedy and understanding the elegance of a joke, rather than laughing with the crowd. Considering neither of the chaps had a background in sitcoms, only stand up, they did a cracking job delivering the jokes as well as the physical stuff. There is a chap who died far far too young.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

TV shows that have been hard to let go... on 17:04 - May 30 with 1814 viewschristiand

BBC’s Ashes to Ashes. Absolutely loved that series, gutted when it finished although really enjoyed the finale.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024