Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broom Hill Pool 18:07 - May 14 with 1700 viewsTNBlue

I was pleased to hear it was be restored when plans were announced some years ago. Even more excited to hear they got lottery funding and council agreed to chip in. So my question is, some years later, wtf is going on?
Broom Hill Pool on 18:14 - May 14 with 1664 viewsfactual_blue

All part of SnOasis.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Broom Hill Pool on 19:14 - May 14 with 1596 viewsSwansea_Blue

I remember that, it was years ago now. They should do it. Swimming’s good exercise, it’s a great community focus, and it teaches peoole to grow a pair when it’s colder. And it’s an Ipswich institution.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Broom Hill Pool on 07:26 - May 15 with 1419 viewsStokieBlue

Broom Hill Pool on 19:14 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

I remember that, it was years ago now. They should do it. Swimming’s good exercise, it’s a great community focus, and it teaches peoole to grow a pair when it’s colder. And it’s an Ipswich institution.

Used to be great and a summer staple when using the easy rider pass.

Some comedy diving as well.

SB
[Post edited 15 May 2019 8:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Broom Hill Pool on 07:35 - May 15 with 1392 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Broom Hill Pool on 19:14 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

I never did forgive my dear departed Aunt for taking me there on numerous occasions during the summer holidays back in the day.
Don,t know about growing a pair though chap, water so cold my balls used to disappear for a week.
Agree though, an Ipswich institution.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Broom Hill Pool on 07:59 - May 15 with 1362 viewsLord_Lucan

Broom Hill Pool on 07:26 - May 15 by StokieBlue

SB

As a grown adult I went to the top board, sh1t myself and walked back down again much to the amusement of scores of kids lining up to dive.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Broom Hill Pool on 08:52 - May 15 with 1293 viewsbournemouthblue

I thought something was meant to be happening with it but a combination of the original campaign to revive it and whoever has got the funding to restore it seems to be taking forever. I know there were always mumblings ofna campaign to bring it back before there was then a genuine campaign to restore it which then did secure funding?

I assume the restoration is going ahead but it does seem a while back now since they last talked about it in the media
[Post edited 15 May 2019 8:53]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Broom Hill Pool on 09:18 - May 15 with 1256 viewsitfcjoe

Broom Hill Pool on 07:26 - May 15 by StokieBlue

SB

I never dared dive of the top board, think I'd heard a story about someone belly flopping and their stomach splitting open!

It was purely jumps of there for me - before quickly getting out as soon as possible as was so cold.

Easy Rider was great, wonder if they still do it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Broom Hill Pool on 09:22 - May 15 with 1249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Broom Hill Pool on 09:18 - May 15 by itfcjoe

I never dared dive of the top board, think I'd heard a story about someone belly flopping and their stomach splitting open!

It was purely jumps of there for me - before quickly getting out as soon as possible as was so cold.

I heard that story too - hopefully just a popular urban myth!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Broom Hill Pool on 09:25 - May 15 with 1244 viewsbournemouthblue

Broom Hill Pool on 09:22 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

I heard that story too - hopefully just a popular urban myth!

Brought to you by the Alan Curbishley has a house in Woodbridge and Coppinger's wife transferring to Ipswich Hospital fake news connoisseurs of this world

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Broom Hill Pool on 09:29 - May 15 with 1233 viewsITFC_Forever

Broom Hill Pool on 09:18 - May 15 by itfcjoe

I done it a few times....

Easy Rider in the late 80s / early 90s was brilliant value. Cost £8 for the whole school holidays and you got unlimited bus travel between 9am and 10pm, unlimited entries to Broom Hill (when it wasn't closed as the weather was crap), unlimited pitch and putt at Chantry and Bourne Park, plus sports sessions at Whitton / Northgate / Maidenhall / Gainsborough Sports Centres, although that depended on which session / sport it was, some you had to pay for.

I think one year I got 10 times the value out of it. TWTD.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Broom Hill Pool on 09:30 - May 15 with 1227 viewsitfcjoe

Broom Hill Pool on 09:29 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

I done it a few times....

Easy Rider in the late 80s / early 90s was brilliant value. Cost £8 for the whole school holidays and you got unlimited bus travel between 9am and 10pm, unlimited entries to Broom Hill (when it wasn't closed as the weather was crap), unlimited pitch and putt at Chantry and Bourne Park, plus sports sessions at Whitton / Northgate / Maidenhall / Gainsborough Sports Centres, although that depended on which session / sport it was, some you had to pay for.

I think one year I got 10 times the value out of it. TWTD.

Also had 10 free swims at Crown pools in my day

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024