Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Gerken and Bart are going 00:28 - May 8 with 19992 viewspabloisgod

Gerks released and Bart has asked for a transfer

News from the end of season dinner

New goalkeeper then ..
So Gerken and Bart are going on 00:30 - May 8 with 10244 viewsitfcbam

Tbh not too gutted. Bart has been poor this season. I think we have an inflated opinion of him which isn't matched away from the club. Yes he makes some good saves but for my liking, even before this season he is prone to conceeding too many goals that you look and think could he have done better. at least if he asks for the move we don't have to pay him off.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 0:35]
So Gerken and Bart are going on 05:40 - May 8 with 9946 viewsbrogansnose

Bart has got flaws in his play but I've no idea how we are going to attract a better goalkeeper in Div 3 with our loss of income.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 06:19 - May 8 with 9834 viewstractorgirls

So Gerken and Bart are going on 00:30 - May 8 by itfcbam

Tbh not too gutted. Bart has been poor this season. I think we have an inflated opinion of him which isn't matched away from the club. Yes he makes some good saves but for my liking, even before this season he is prone to conceeding too many goals that you look and think could he have done better. at least if he asks for the move we don't have to pay him off.

TWTD Does it's usual 'yeah, he's rubbish' whenever someone wants to leave the club. Bar this season, Bart has been absolutely outstanding for us.

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:08 - May 8 with 9528 viewsTractorCam

So Gerken and Bart are going on 06:19 - May 8 by tractorgirls

TWTD Does it's usual 'yeah, he's rubbish' whenever someone wants to leave the club. Bar this season, Bart has been absolutely outstanding for us.

A year ago we were all buzzing that we turned down Birmingham's £3 offer for him to sign a new contract here, now he's rubbish!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:09 - May 8 with 9515 viewsBloomBlue

I don't want to see Bart leave but we need to get his wages off the books too expensive for us in L1
So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:11 - May 8 with 9496 viewsbobbyramsey

So Gerken and Bart are going on 05:40 - May 8 by brogansnose

Bart has got flaws in his play but I've no idea how we are going to attract a better goalkeeper in Div 3 with our loss of income.

I don't think we'll be looking or will expect to get better............

We will definitely be looking to get cheaper though.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:13 - May 8 with 9473 viewsSitfcB

*shrugs*

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:14 - May 8 with 9473 viewsChocorange

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:11 - May 8 by bobbyramsey

I don't think we'll be looking or will expect to get better............

We will definitely be looking to get cheaper though.

I expect us to look for a different style of keeper , one who can pass and distribute well, if he can command his box too all the better.
Login to get fewer ads

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:16 - May 8 with 9464 viewsportmanking

Personally, I'd be more than happy to sacrifice Bart and his wages to ensure we have the funds to get proven Love 1/2 firepower through the door early in pre season.

A keeper that's better with their feet is an absolute must though.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:22 - May 8 with 9412 viewsKieran_Knows

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:08 - May 8 by TractorCam

A year ago we were all buzzing that we turned down Birmingham's £3 offer for him to sign a new contract here, now he's rubbish!

He’s massively over rated by sections of our support though. He’s good, but not as good as some make him out to be. The problem with us as a club, is that he’s virtually priceless to us because of how he had been for 2/3 years previous to this year. But if we had the option to sell and it was guaranteed (unlikely I know), that we’d reinvest the money, we would certainly find a better keeper out there.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 7:26]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:26 - May 8 with 9365 viewsKieran_Knows

So Gerken and Bart are going on 00:30 - May 8 by itfcbam

Spot on.

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:26 - May 8 with 9363 viewsbontcho

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:14 - May 8 by Chocorange

I expect us to look for a different style of keeper , one who can pass and distribute well, if he can command his box too all the better.

Absolutely this. It’s not a case of better or worse, just a different style. Those two suited MM direct football but not PL’s attempts to play better football.

The problem could be getting Bart a new club, keepers are harder to shift and I’m not sure which Championship clubs are looking for a first choice. At least his (I presume) relegation release clause should be low enough to encourage clubs.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:28 - May 8 with 9347 viewsgeg1992

When I spoke to Bart it sounded like the complete opposite as his family are so settled here.

Gerken on the other hand was an arrogant sod, got pissed off his face and was so rude, no professionalism whatsoever. He has a contract lined up at another club he said. Not sure who.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:30 - May 8 with 9307 viewsKieran_Knows

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:28 - May 8 by geg1992

When I spoke to Bart it sounded like the complete opposite as his family are so settled here.

Gerken on the other hand was an arrogant sod, got pissed off his face and was so rude, no professionalism whatsoever. He has a contract lined up at another club he said. Not sure who.

Gerken is a tool. Remember seeing him in Nando’s once and he was giving it all the ‘do you know who I am’ card when the place was rammed and they couldn’t seat him or his couple of kids for 20 minutes or so. They eventually gave in to him as well.

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:36 - May 8 with 9225 viewstractorboy7777

If true about Bart, just shows poor professionalism. When the sh*t hits the fan (IMO he’s had a hugely negative impact this season) he wants out.

I could understand he’d want out if Hurst was still here after the Norwich situation but he isn’t. If he wants to go back to Poland then again I would understand.

Time will tell!

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:49 - May 8 with 9074 viewsLord_Lucan

I don't know if he is thinking of leaving or not but yes he loves it here and wouldn't take moving lightly.

Everyone has to put their career and family first though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:51 - May 8 with 9044 viewsWeWereZombies

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:08 - May 8 by TractorCam

To be fair £3 is a bit of a derisory offer...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:54 - May 8 with 9014 viewsTractorCam

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:51 - May 8 by WeWereZombies

To be fair £3 is a bit of a derisory offer...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:57 - May 8 with 8982 viewsSuperblue95

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:30 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

Gerken is a tool. Remember seeing him in Nando’s once and he was giving it all the ‘do you know who I am’ card when the place was rammed and they couldn’t seat him or his couple of kids for 20 minutes or so. They eventually gave in to him as well.

“Do you know who I am?” Yes, sadly. You’re a dreadful goalkeeper who couldn’t catch a cold

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So Gerken and Bart are going on 07:58 - May 8 with 8961 viewsKeaneish

Wasn't he going last season and the season before that?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:07 - May 8 with 8853 viewssolemio

Do you know who I am? No but your nurse will be able to tell you.
So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:15 - May 8 with 8780 viewsMrTown

A fantastic goalkeeper, at his best one the top goalkeepers in the division.

Will be sad to see him leave, but can hold now grudges and goes with all blessings. Deserves to be in the Championship, a perfect time for us both to move on and look for a younger keeper.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:29 - May 8 with 8677 viewsWD19

Doesn't reflect well on Gerks if he doesn't even know who he has signed for....
So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:31 - May 8 with 8662 viewsCOYBitfc

We won't, but i'm sure we'd be able to sign a more than adequate keeper for that level at a much reduced cost to having Bart here... That said will be sad to see him go if he does.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

So Gerken and Bart are going on 08:37 - May 8 with 8623 viewsJohnny_Boy

Having seen that entertaining car crash of a Sunderland docu, one thing that stood out.
Having a confident in-form, settled GK is paramount & key.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024